Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

So I'm guessing we're gonna hear the vp choice within the next 24 hours or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Or he could leave us in suspense for the fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

jamule wrote: »
    How the fook does supporting trump tie into a conservative mindset. He is the antithesis of a conservative.

I find your post worded if a disrespectful manner. You have also misinterpreted me. I was clearly speaking about immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Haven't been following this at all as it's all a bit yawn, but I bet it won't be a white male, i.e. a woke candidate, e.g female, black, gay, or some combination of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,940 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How the fook does supporting trump tie into a conservative mindset. He is the antithesis of a conservative.

Really? The way they've been fawning over him suggests that this is what conservatism was and always has been. Oppressing people they don't like while enriching a tiny cabal at the top.

I genuinely don't know what these people are conserving aside from themselves.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

AllForIt wrote: »
    Haven't been following this at all as it's all a bit yawn, but I bet it won't be a white male, i.e. a woke candidate, e.g female, black, gay, or some combination of.
    What's your point here, that anything but a white male is tokenism?

And you're right, you haven't been following. Biden announced long ago that it will be a female VP choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

I find your post worded if a disrespectful manner. You have also misinterpreted me. I was clearly speaking about immigration

The snowflake has spoken 😂. its v hard to interpret your riddles at the best of time's. So explain how spliting up families is a conservative mindset (I understand how it could be a trump mindset)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Really? The way they've been fawning over him suggests that this is what conservatism was and always has been. Oppressing people they don't like while enriching a tiny cabal at the top.

I genuinely don't know what these people are conserving aside from themselves.

Being conservative and calling youself is not the same thing. The people withTDS call themselves conservatives, if they were they would not be voting for the orange clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The snowflake has spoken ��. its v hard to interpret your riddles at the best of time's. So explain how spliting up families is a conservative mindset (I understand how it could be a trump mindset)

Mod: Ad hominem attack dressed up as a question. Reassess your posting style.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Another possible reason why Trump is running the "ELECTION FRAUD!!!!" Distraction

There’s A Major Scandal Brewing In Trump’s Kodak Pharmaceutical Award

So - On Tuesday , Trump awards Kodak a major loan/contract out of the blue and no one can quite follow why them out of all the other companies already involved in the sapce.

The Kodak share price has been around $2.60 and the typical daily trading volume was between 50k and 200k shares.

However on Monday , the day before the announcement , there were 1.6M shares traded.

The share price today is just shy of $43!!

I wonder who bought all those extra shares and how did they come to buy them the day before a massive Government contract was awarded???

As they say - Cui Bono ?
    I bought them. Happens all of the time.
    Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Oh please - The Stock is up 1200% this week and amazingly the volume of traded stock jumped tenfold the day before a huge announcement.

The most shares that had been traded in the stock in the previous month was 200k on the 2nd of July , and then the day before Trumps statement , 1.6M get traded and you think "that happens all the time"?

It could be "just a coincidence" but as someone with a background in statistics , I would describe it as a significant data anomaly that requires detailed further investigation.
    Donald Rumsfeld and the missing 1 trillion dollars sort of stuff. The plane hit the office which had the filing cabinet where the information was stored

Just to come back to this..

Kodak stock plunged 30% Monday after a $765 million loan from the US government to help make drug ingredients was put on hold, as regulators are reportedly looking into allegations of insider trading.

The stock was temporarily halted after plunging as much as 43% earlier in the day.
    "Recent allegations of wrongdoing raise serious concerns," the US International Development Finance Corporation said in a tweet Friday afternoon. "We will not proceed any further unless these allegations are cleared."

But yeah nothing to see there , happens all the time.

• Advertisement

Seems to be an epidemic of fake drivers licenses flooding the US:

https://justthenews.com/government/security/counterfeit-drivers-licenses-being-smuggled-us-abroad-officials-say

With the democrats trying to remove signature verification, it is no wonder President Trump is worried about voter fraud,

Seems to be an epidemic of fake drivers licenses flooding the US:

https://justthenews.com/government/security/counterfeit-drivers-licenses-being-smuggled-us-abroad-officials-say

With the democrats trying to remove signature verification, it is no wonder President Trump is worried about voter fraud,
    Have you a link for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Worried about voter fraud! His ego is getting the better of him more like!

Have you a link for this?

Sure

Sure

So himself is a good source?

Kidchameleon, could you please provide an actual source and not a video of Trump rambling on. He's saying it a lot, where is something to back it up?

Would you accept a video of Biden saying something about Trump or the Republicans to be an accurate source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

In all of america for them to be the 2 candidates for the most powerful job in the world, i dont know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think wikipedia would be more reputable source than Donnie tbf.

Kidchameleon, could you please provide an actual source and not a video of Trump rambling on. He's saying it a lot, where is something to back it up?

Would you accept a video of Biden saying something about Trump or the Republicans to be an accurate source?

I cannot, they demanded it as part of the negotiations apparently. I am not sure if there is any documentation to back it up. The democrats have not denied it. I do not doubt its validity seeing as the president has said it in an official capacity.

iebamm2580 wrote:
    In all of america for them to be the 2 candidates for the most powerful job in the world, i dont know what to say.

Their political system has been decimated, particularly since Reagan, ' 'government is the problem'(democracy is bad for you!), has worked, now we have this goon in office

• Advertisement

I cannot, they demanded it as part of the negotiations apparently. I am not sure if there is any documentation to back it up. The democrats have not denied it. I do not doubt its validity seeing as the president has said it in an official capacity.
    So you believe everything Trump has said in an "official capacity" to be true?

I'm not sure how Trump would know they demanded ANYTHING in negotiations, as he has famously refused to speak to Pelosi, Schumer, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He also said (in his official capacity) that the air force took over air ports during the civil war and the spanish flu ended WW1 because the soldiers got sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He also said (in his official capacity) that the air force took over air ports during the civil war and the spanish flu ended WW1 because the soldiers got sick.

Actually, last night Trump claimed it ended the Second World War. And because Trump said it, its therefore true.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/10/trump-1918-spanish-flu-probably-ended-wwii-which-happened-two-decades-apart/3340770001/
    WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump erroneously stated Monday that the Spanish Flu of 1918 ended World War II, incorrectly citing both the year the pandemic occurred and the year that the Second World War ended.

The events took place more than two decades apart.

"The closest thing is in 1917, they say, the great pandemic. It certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million people, probably ended the Second World War," Trump said. "All the soldiers were sick. That was a terrible situation."

Wonder what the opinion of all the armchair experts who regularly diagnose Biden with dementia will be...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Good god, really. You realise that Trumpd Twiitter is considered official capacity. So you believe everything he says?

Trump started his presidency lying about crowd size, in his official capacity.

Have you reached the point where whatever the POTUS says must, by the fact of it being official, unquestionably be right?

Trump said the virus would soon be zero, 4 months and 4,999,999 cases ago and counting. Was the right, it must be since he said in officially.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Biden said WWII ended in 1917 this thread would be FLOODED with people taking the piss out of dementia.

They’ll keep their beaks shut because their dear leader said it though. Cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So is Trump now the pope with papal infallibility? Everything he says is true and that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

salmocab wrote: »
    So is Trump now the pope with papal infallibility? Everything he says is true and that’s it.

That has been the case for Trump defenders for years now. He's indoctrinated people well, to be fair to him. No-one should go against the word of the Great Leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Faugheen wrote: »
    You can’t see that statement at all though.

He easily dispatched Sanders only 4 months ago. Anyone who thinks he’s in this massive decline is away with the fairies themselves.

I can't stand Trump but I think you're expecting these debates to be actual debates. Trump doesn't debate, he bullies, he insults, he lies. He doesn't engage in any two way conversation, hes just not capable of that. And Americans lap up soundbites and put downs. It won't really matter what points Biden covers if the soundbites are what make the headlines and the tweets.

For the record, Biden didn't beat Sanders in the debates either. Anyone who wasn't dyed in the wool democrat or terrified of commies thought Sanders won them convincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

threeball wrote: »
    I can't stand Trump but I think you're expecting these debates to be actual debates. Trump doesn't debate, he bullies, he insults, he lies. He doesn't engage in any two way conversation, hes just not capable of that. And Americans lap up soundbites and put downs. It won't really matter what points Biden covers if the soundbites are what make the headlines and the tweets.

For the record, Biden didn't beat Sanders in the debates either. Anyone who wasn't dyed in the wool democrat or terrified of commies thought Sanders won them convincingly.

Biden has no problem tacking aggression. trump wont bother him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Biden is showing obvious signs of stage 1 dementia. Right now I'd say it's 50/50 if he makes the debates or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement