Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

biko wrote: »
    CNN
    Joe Biden made the pick that maximized his chances of continuing to make the race a straight referendum on Trump while also selecting someone whose resume suggests being ready to step in, if and when Biden decides to step aside. [/url]
    twitter.com/CNN/status/1293328417555918848

So bidens health is absolutely on the table for this. Harris appeals to the virtue signal left and the black vote but this election is really ignoring the working and middle class white votes again .... which lost them the ticket the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So bidens health is absolutely on the table for this. Harris appeals to the virtue signal left and the black vote but this election is really ignoring the working and middle class white votes again .... which lost them the ticket the last time.

And they're out of work, degraded by going to food banks for food, hoping for more government assistance after having lived lives without it, and know someone who died from Covid. How's that going to work for the tGOP this time around? US 'officially' in recession now (since June).

The #IMPOTUS is no longer an unknown quantity. That's the Democratic parties greatest asset in this election. Covid-19 will be in play through the election, and the economy is the gift to politics that always keeps giving, good or bad.

Thing is, Harris has been criticised for being too light on the police. So she's got mixed credentials with the left. But overall I would say she's a good choice overall. So Trump can't really attack her on her record with the police. Granted, I don't really expect any reasoned arguments from Trump.

She's an incredibly strong debater and I'd trust her as President if it ever came to that. I don't think this will sway current polling but likely add a little stability to numbers. But sure you can subscribe to the idea that Trump will slaughter everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Does she still think Biden is racist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I see the usual posters have taken their talking points from Trumps poor response to kamala

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1293285949917495300

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Name calling

That's the best trumps camp can come up with???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I see the usual posters have taken their talking points from Trumps poor response to kamala

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1293285949917495300
    I wonder what the Dog whistle 'birther' tactic the Trump campaign (and by extension the acolytes here) will go with

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wonder what the Dog whistle 'birther' tactic the Trump campaign (and by extension the acolytes here) will go with

well known troll Jacob Wohl claimed some time ago that Harris wasnt eligible to run for president.

the problem with trump is that it is impossible to tell him from the parodies.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrFan/status/1293285601421271041

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You clearly know nothing if you think Harris appeals to the ‘virtue-signalling left’.

More lazy sound bytes with no basis or substance. Tends to be a pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Ahh that is very sweet of him. He's gonna stop being uncomfortably overly touchy with the wimmin. Hopefully also with children. That is very accommodating of him.

But you dont mind the noble leader that grabs them by the pússy or supports child sex trafficers?

Trump blinkers are so amusing.

Picking Harris was the ultimate trigger for the diehard Trumpians. Expect them to fully disgrace themselves now a woman of colour is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Has Joe Biden been told Kamala Harris is his running mate ?

Thats the next president of the US there, I wonder will the media be on a witchhunt for an impeachment over his dementia ?
    Or will they do their very best to ignore it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭briany

Much better pick than that Ned Flanders guy Hillary picked as her running mate in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Thats the next president of the US there, I wonder will the media be on a witchhunt for an impeachment over his dementia ?

He doesn’t have dementia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Or if he does its to a lesser degree than Donald who fails every criteria the Trumpians claim Biden fails.

Yawn. get yourself down to Golden Discs and get another record. that one is well worn out.

LOL. Joe rogan is a credible source on ANYTHING? He is the type of person that idiots think is smart.
    where did i claim to be a dementia expert. i said

Please stop putting words in my mouth in a pathetic attempt to be outraged.

Sure ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Sure ....

Actually remember when Biden said the 1917 pandemic ended ww2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah but that doesn't mean Trump has dementia.

It's just that's he's a complete idiot. I'm surprised he hasn't denied he ever said it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That wouldn't be a sign of dementia. It's a long used tactic too by both sides to claim such a thing.

If Boden has dementia, then whatever Trump has has yet to be recognised and diagnosed as whatever new, crazy mental deficiency it is.

Biden is a blunderer though. GWB was too.

• Advertisement

I wonder why there will be no debates so ....

There will be debates and there's no question of that. You're pushing a pretty unfounded conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

You mean the ones already scheduled for Sep 29th, October 15th and October 22nd? Where did you read that there will be none?

another broken record.

we shall see ..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Every publication on biden “only expected to serve one term” “expected not to serve a full term”
    I think the VP pick is going to be more important now than ever.

While im thoroughly glad that the first potential female president of the US is not hillary clinton, This will be an interesting one to see how the nation likes harris.

we shall see ..

Ominous statement backed up by zero parts of reality.
    Every publication on biden “only expected to serve one term” “expected not to serve a full term”
    I think the VP pick is going to be more important now than ever.

While im thoroughly glad that the first potential female president of the US is not hillary clinton, This will be an interesting one to see how the nation likes harris.

Care to provide a publication claiming Biden won't serve a full term? Guessing it's not the most respectable to go to that length of speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

There won't be a debate even if there's debates. Trump is incapable of them. He does sling shi* and comes up with some brilliant one liners, but he won't debate. He knows too there's more to be had than boring the American public with facts, better to make Biden look like a fool with silly names that stick until the election and hope that works.

He can't debate, it's not in his make up to do it. And even if he tried to he's shown he's incoherent and unable to answer even the softest of questions.

And whatever about Biden's slowdown in his mental faculties, the constant bumbling and the complete nonsense comments (the Spanish Flu ending WW2 for example) would suggest that Trump is very much on the cognitive decline but trying to use bluster to cover it.

We could actually have a "debate" between a man nicknamed Sleepy Joe by the opposition and another nicknamed Dementia Don for his obvious decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

pjohnson wrote: »
    But you dont mind the noble leader that grabs them by the pússy or supports child sex trafficers?

Trump blinkers are so amusing.

Picking Harris was the ultimate trigger for the diehard Trumpians. Expect them to fully disgrace themselves now a woman of colour is involved.

Haha! Die hard Trumpian! I could hardly give less of a damn about him. Mostly what I think if I ever happen to catch sight of him, which is rare, is why the fcuk can someone not do something about his hair style. And is it even possible to do anything about it. :D
    My interest in the US election, which is fleeting and comes in bursts that quicly fizzle out, is how the hell does a huge federation of states in an advanced part of the globe not manage to provide excellent inspiring potential candidates for election to one of the most powerful roles in the world. It seems willfully unfortunate of them.
    So now we have a man who can hardly string two words together supported by a woman who was callous to people on death row and publicly avowed belief in the women who accused the old man she now supports of inappropriately feeling them up running as best buddy challengers to a man who is literally beyond parody.
    You could not write it in a crazy movie.
    Oh look, there goes my interest...disappearing again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Haha! Die hard Trumpian! I could hardly give less of a damn about him. Mostly what I think if I ever happen to catch sight of him, which is rare, is why the fcuk can someone not do something about his hair style. And is it even possible to do anything about it. :D
    My interest in the US election, which is fleeting and comes in bursts that quicly fizzle out, is how the hell does a huge federation of states in an advanced part of the globe not manage to provide excellent inspiring potential candidates for election to one of the most powerful roles in the world. It seems willfully unfortunate of them.
    So now we have a man who can hardly string two words together supported by a woman who was callous to people on death row and publicly avowed belief in the women who accused the old man she now supports of inappropriately feeling them up running as best buddy challengers to a man who is literally beyond parody.
    You could not write it in a crazy movie.
    Oh look, there goes my interest...disappearing again....

Projection much? Why bother posting if your attention is gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement