Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

I wonder why there will be no debates so ....

It's more a matter if the Democrats can get Biden out of the debates. They really have backed themselves into a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's more a matter if the Democrats can get Biden out of the debates. They really have backed themselves into a corner.
    Where do you come up with this toss that Biden/Dems won't do the debates? Why should they? My 8 year old can outdebate Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Actually remember when Biden said the 1917 pandemic ended ww2?

I'm sure some Trump diehards are tryingto prove this to be true by using their "critical thinking" or are furiosly denying their leader said such a thing.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It wasnt Biden that was trying to move the debate goalposts..... In case you forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

randd1 wrote: »
    There won't be a debate even if there's debates. Trump is incapable of them. He does sling shi* and comes up with some brilliant one liners, but he won't debate. He knows too there's more to be had than boring the American public with facts, better to make Biden look like a fool with silly names that stick until the election and hope that works.

He can't debate, it's not in his make up to do it. And even if he tried to he's shown he's incoherent and unable to answer even the softest of questions.

And whatever about Biden's slowdown in his mental faculties, the constant bumbling and the complete nonsense comments (the Spanish Flu ending WW2 for example) would suggest that Trump is very much on the cognitive decline but trying to use bluster to cover it.

We could actually have a "debate" between a man nicknamed Sleepy Joe by the opposition and another nicknamed Dementia Don for his obvious decline.

haha Trump is incapable of them !!!

Unlike Joe who loses track of himself, seems to nod off ... cannot coherently speak - sure these debates if they happen will be hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

haha Trump is incapable of them !!!

It's Don who loses track of himself, seems to nod off ... cannot coherently speak - sure these debates if they happen will be hilarious

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Every publication on biden “only expected to serve one term” “expected not to serve a full term”
    I think the VP pick is going to be more important now than ever.

While im thoroughly glad that the first potential female president of the US is not hillary clinton, This will be an interesting one to see how the nation likes harris.

The GOP have to push the line that Biden will not last the term as then they get to focus on VP, which they have known for a while would be a woman.

Biden appears to be in much better health than Trump, and with only 4 years between them the chances of Trump lasting would be even smaller.

Also, the focus on the VP pick is, in part an acknowledgment that they are struggling to counter the Biden popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

randd1 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

I agree actually, as Sam Harris said Trumps mind is like a balloon that is just let fly around a room, but I wish the left would be honest at least in accepting Biden has some sort of cognitive issues, it's obvious.

Just watch a video of him from 2012 compared to today ...

He'll be fine tho, the media won't pick up on it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wonder if Pence will insist on Mother being next to him during his debates with Harris in case she tries to bedevil him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I agree actually, as Sam Harris said Trumps mind is like a balloon that is just let fly around a room, but I wish the left would be honest at least in accepting Biden has some sort of cognitive issues, it's obvious.

Can you provide such a source?

• Advertisement

He had no issue with debates with Sanders earlier in the year so I strongly doubt he's drastically declined since then. Plus the debates are happening so your arguments aren't the strongest. I expect you to be posting snippets of the debates at the end of September as supposed proof of senility...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He had no issue with debates with Sanders earlier in the year so I strongly doubt he's drastically declined since then. Plus the debates are happening so your arguments aren't the strongest. I expect you to be posting snippets of the debates at the end of September as supposed proof of senility...

If Trump ran naked across the Rose Garden while yelling about "the iron hoax hunt", some people would still post a clip of Biden stuttering slightly and claim it's proof Biden has dementia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

duploelabs wrote: »
    Why bother posting if your attention is gone?

Because I'm allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

It's both of them.

Not surprising given they're both in their 70's, but for me there has been a more serious decline in Tump. His incoherence is one thing, but his complete detachment from fact, and the blatantly obvious, is quite another. More than that, the inability to deal with any aspect of a crisis efficiently seems have wilted him into a mess, as has his penchant for firing people willy-nilly.

If I had money on one of them not making it to November, it'd be Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briany wrote: »
    Much better pick than that Ned Flanders guy Hillary picked as her running mate in 2016.

Me rattling my head trying to remember who the hell her running mate even was in 2016...

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Tim Kaine is very forgettable

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Ominous statement backed up by zero parts of reality.

Care to provide a publication claiming Biden won't serve a full term? Guessing it's not the most respectable to go to that length of speculation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/biden-single-term-082129
    https://www.thejournal.ie/kamala-harris-profile-bio-joe-biden-5173605-Aug2020/
    And with the 77-year-Biden expected to serve only a single term if elected
    https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/over-half-of-likely-voters-dont-believe-biden-will-finish-term-poll/
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12368625/half-democrat-voters-joe-biden-full-term/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Overheal wrote: »
    Me rattling my head trying to remember who the hell her running mate even was in 2016...

Tim Kaine is very forgettable

If the tickets had been inverted, Kaine/Pence for Prez, HRC/#IMPOTUS for VP, I'd have expected Kaine in a landslide. And he annihilated Pence in their debate. Plus he's bilingual Spanish/English.

He may still show up somewhere though.

Igotadose wrote: »
    If the tickets had been inverted, Kaine/Pence for Prez, HRC/#IMPOTUS for VP, I'd have expected Kaine in a landslide. And he annihilated Pence in their debate. Plus he's bilingual Spanish/English.

He may still show up somewhere though.

this #IMPOTUS really needs to go away. Its Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States 2016-2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

this #IMPOTUS really needs to go away. Its Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States 2016-2024.

Free country laddo. He was impeached and will forever be the #IMPOTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Remember that next time you post "sleepy joe" ot make silly unfounded claims about him having dementi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neither of those links say what you claim.
    To be fair its possible you misunderstand what 'wont serve a full term' means.
    If he is president for 4 years and then retires, he has served a full term.
    If he retired after less than 4 years then he won't have served a full term.
    There's no indication that he plans to do the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It wasnt Biden that was trying to move the debate goalposts..... In case you forget.

Did Trump not just ask for an extra debate whilst keeping the other ones as planned? I wouldnt call that moving the goal posts

Neither of those links say what you claim.
    To be fair its possible you misunderstand what 'wont serve a full term' means.
    If he is president for 4 years then retires, he has served a full term.
    If he retired after less than 4 years then he won't have served a full term.
    There's no indication that he plans to do the latter.

I said there were publications saying he'd serve 1 term and others saying less than a term , I provided 2 sets of links to both.

why ignore the second set of links and pretend I didn't back it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I said there were publications saying he'd serve 1 term and others saying less than a term , I provided 2 sets of links to both.

why ignore the second set of links and pretend I didn't back it up ?

I didn't read the second set of links.
    To be honest your post #1277 has the links in the wrong order.
    You have provided the first two links in response to being asked for a publication which says he won't serve a full term. Neither link you responded with does that, hence my post.

I have now read your other links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Remember that next time you post "sleepy joe" ot make silly unfounded claims about him having dementi

Exactly, it's Joseph R. Biden, 46th President of the United States 2020-2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Got my first win of this election.
    She was always the Dems first choice, she did not do well in primaries but now she is back for a second chance.
    I cant help but get a feeling that with Joes mental health failing before our eyes there might be a switcheroo at the DMC , i can see Joe "contracting" Covid19 and knowing that he will be unable to campaign during his "illness" say that it is for the best that he puts the country and party first and steps aside and lets Kamala run as president, its a tasty 25/1 bet at the moment.
    Dont think they would have the nerve to pick Hillary but can see Pete Buttigieg another Dem insider to be VP

kamala.jpg

I haven't been part of the 'dementia' racket.

also I prefer creepy Joe to sleepy Joe :pac:

my original post should have also contained :pac: to show its a funny.

• Advertisement

Neither The Sun or New York Post are considered to be reputable publications... Never disputed that he'll serve one term.

is the Rasmussen poll its taken from reputable ?

I don't believe for one second that you'd value any source without a left bias. Discrediting sources because they say things you don't like isn't a way to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement