Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

this #IMPOTUS really needs to go away. Its Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States 2016-2024.

To 2024? Would ye go away with that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think any path to a Biden victory is going to have to exclude Florida. With the proportion of elderly and Jews in Florida Im going to solidly commit that to Donald Trump. One of the first elections in a while where that won't be a swing state.

is the Rasmussen poll its taken from reputable ?

I don't believe for one second that you'd value any source without a left bias. Discrediting sources because they say things you don't like isn't a way to be.

Assuming Biden won't get through a term amounts to ghoulish behaviour tbh. There's no reason to assume he isn't capable of getting through 4 years. He's fit and healthy.
    I think any path to a Biden victory is going to have to exclude Florida. With the proportion of elderly and Jews in Florida Im going to solidly commit that to Donald Trump. One of the first elections in a while where that won't be a swing state.

Do you think elderly voters aren't concerned by the government's failure to respond to covid? Florida based on the polling could flip to Trump but Biden is currently leading him in majority if not all of them. The response to covid is likely factoring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Kamala has a terrible reputation with the African American community, she aint going to win that vote, here she is with her family, this wont impress the African Americans, and Joes is a certainty to say something off script about them if he gets away from his handlers for a few minutes.
    Im amazed by this pick
    family.jpg

da_miser wrote: »
    Kamala has a terrible reputation with the African American community, she aint going to win that vote, here she is with her family, this wont impress the African Americans, and Joes is a certainty to say something off script about them if he gets away from his handlers for a few minutes.
    Im amazed by this pick
    Why do you think her family will affect the African American vote? If it's because her partner is white, that's probably more of a reflection of you tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Im amazed by this pick
    family.jpg

Why do you think that picture would put off African Americans?

And for comparison, please put up a picture of Trump and his family and explain how that is going to win their vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »

And for comparison, please put up a picture of Trump and his family and explain how that is going to win their vote.

or pence and his family. you dont get more WASP than them.

or pence and his family. you dont get more WASP than them.

WASP’ness helps republicans, it hurts democrats as does having a white partner , If barack obamas wife was a white blonde woman he wouldnt have done nearly as well in 08 , the people who vote for the identity candidate (which lets be honest was what biden wanted in a VP) won’t like this

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I haven't been part of the 'dementia' racket.

also I prefer creepy Joe to sleepy Joe :pac:

my original post should have also contained :pac: to show its a funny.

So if you prefer Creepy Joe what nickname would you give to a man accused of the rape of a 13 year old girl. Court documents were provided earlier in this thread outlining the frankly disgusting accusations. Co defendants are Trump and Epstein.

Im amazed by this pick
    family.jpg

Looks like a happy family. How in God's name would that picture out anyone off. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Kamala Harris said that she believes the women who accused Biden of sexually inappropriate behavior, where is the outrage and whaling sounds of the women and the feminists of me too, Belive her and times up movement. Harris being chosen considering her history, just shows the hypocrisy of it all and how delusional that side are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Any reason you think it won't be competitive?

538 has it down as 50-44 in Biden's favor currently; https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/florida/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WASP’ness helps republicans, it hurts democrats as does having a white partner , If barack obamas wife was a white blonde woman he wouldnt have done nearly as well in 08 , the people who vote for the identity candidate (which lets be honest was what biden wanted in a VP) won’t like this

do you have a source supporting your position that having a white husband will harm the campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Identity candidate?

So is anyone apart from a white male an "identity candidate"? Are white men the only candidates who are judged based on their qualities?

Identity candidate?

So is anyone apart from a white male an "identity candidate"? Are white men the only candidates who are judged based on their qualities?

Biden said his VP would be a woman , so already he started with an identity candidate, there has been numerous publications that have championed choosing harris purely under the guise of getting the black vote, the woman vote etc...

I do believe she's a good candidate , but I think the selection process went --> any woman ---> minority woman ---> Harris and they just got lucky she actually was a decent qualified candidate.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I wonder will the media be on a witchhunt for an impeachment over his dementia ?
    If you have any proof of this please provide it, otherwise drop it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just in case anyone doesn't know and/or is confused, the two kids in the photo aren't Kamela Harris's. They are the husbands children from his previous marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Biden said his VP would be a woman , so already he started with an identity candidate, there has been numerous publications that have championed choosing harris purely under the guise of getting the black vote, the woman vote etc...

I do believe she's a good candidate , but I think the selection process went --> any woman ---> minority woman ---> Harris and they just got lucky she actually was a decent qualified candidate.

So her being a front runner in the presidential race initially, a senator, a former state AG, and a brilliant debater (see her vs barr) has nothing to do with it?

Leroy42 wrote: »

She is fake, LARPING as a African American Christian to try get them to vote for her, that did not work out well for African Americans when she had power in California did it?
    She has jailed many African Americans, while she and her White Jewish family know nothing of what it is to be African American.
    Fool me ones shame on you , fool me twice shame on me, African Americans have been taken for granted by the Dems, i dont see them falling for it this time, big mistake picking her.
    Absolute Trump victory in November, the middle are sick of the Dems pandering to the Antifa types, both black and white want law and order, Kamela wont get the black vote, it will be a Trump landslide, no doubt about it.

Erm, you'll have to provide proof for your claims. Mixed race couples aren't generally an issue outside of Republican circles. Here's a poll from Gallup back in 2013, 96% of non-Hispanic black people are fine with mixed race couples. Can you show an electoral candidate that negatively got affected because their partner was white?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/163697/approve-marriage-blacks-whites.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Now, I'm no fan of Harris, but I love that you've reduced all of her previous accomplishments as a person, politician, debater and orator down to the fact that she is a POC and a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Now, I'm no fan of Harris, but I love that you've reduced all of her previous accomplishments as a person, politician, debater and orator down to the fact that she is a POC and a woman.

The sad thing is that many die hard R voters will only see this and will have no interest in her accomplishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The sad thing is that many die hard R voters will only see this and will have no interest in her accomplishments.

They wouldn’t change their minds no matter what anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

She is fake, LARPING as a African American Christian to try get them to vote for her, that did not work out well for African Americans when she had power in California did it?
    She has jailed many African Americans, while she and her White Jewish family know nothing of what it is to be African American.
    Fool me ones shame on you , fool me twice shame on me, African Americans have been taken for granted by the Dems, i dont see them falling for it this time, big mistake picking her.
    Absolute Trump victory in November, the middle are sick of the Dems pandering to the Antifa types, both black and white want law and order, Kamela wont get the black vote, it will be a Trump landslide, no doubt about it.

She is NOT African American nor has she ever claimed to be.

Not All Black Americans are African American , Not all African Americans are Black

As an example - Elon Musk is African-American.

She is what she is.

Indian American AND Afro-Caribbean American - They are not mutually exclusive.

It would also seem that her selection has gone down very well with the grass-roots

Biden running mate news triggers "best grassroots fundraising day ever"

More than $10.8 million was donated in four hours after Sen. Kamala Harris was announced as presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's running mate Tuesday, the Democrats' main donation-processing platform ActBlue said, per the New York Times.

Well your hero Trump claims the bible is his favourite book but when asked to recite any verse he says "No thats personal". Ya right. He cant recite one because he is as much a christian as i am from Mars.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I find it interesting that most people are arguing over her merits and response to her because of her ethnicity, whereas I would suspect that most folks in OH, PA etc will be more likely to view her through the prism of being an elected official from one of the most liberal cities in one of the most liberal states. And though folks may well mock the "radical left" namecalling, she does come in as the 4th-most liberal Senator in the chamber, after only Senators from MA, HI and OR.
    https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate&fbclid=IwAR359y54KTaE57VKtaqamXbMlTufqYHZf0nYx-awsTQHGhjpCfsp_HjPEqs

That said, given that the choice of VP rarely has any particular influence over the vote for President (So why are people making a big deal out of this?) the net result doesn't seem particularly critical.

With the money in the bank with the Kamala VP winning bet, i just had to go for it, at worst i only make €10 on it.
    There is no doubt in my mind Joe is fading mentally, his handlers are doing everything to keep him from the public eye, he only comes out of his basement to do puff piece easy interviews and he still does not look good.
    He will be totally exposed in a debate, the Dems cant let that happen, if he dont debate, the Dems become a laughing stock and a fraud, so i can see Joe "catching" Covid19 and stepping aside to let Kamela take the Dems nomination, we will find out soon enough, but the odds where too tempting, 25/1 up to 28/1with a power up, i had to gamble.
    €1450 coming my way if i'm correct and only €10 profit if i'm wrong.

Mod: Quit it with the betting soundbites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

So, what. It's always thus. Biden got picked as an older white man with government experience to balance out Obama's youth, race and lack of experience.

Pence, bible basher to balance out Trumps godlessness, though this is impossible.

She's better than Palin anyway, low bar I know.

Ya, you're not gonna be winning that bet..... They're not going to change the nominee when there's only 83 days remaining until the election and the candidate is polling incredibly well. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ya, you're not gonna be winning that bet..... They're not going to change the nominee when there's only 83 days remaining until the election and the candidate is polling incredibly well. :rolleyes:

I think the bet is based on if Biden got Covid-19 and died or was debilitated enough that he had to give up the nomination so Harris becomes the nominee.

It is an outside possibility given his age and the amount of travelling, meeting people etc that will happen as part of the campaign. I'm sure there'll be daily tests for everyone close to him and people he's due to meet, but it is still a possibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement