Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Biden/Biden's advisors (whoever made this decision) have made a serious mistake picking Kamala.

Her being VP opens up MANY new lines of attack for Trump. Especially since most voters believe she will succeed Biden within 4 years if he wins. She's a much easier person to run against. She's not a moderate. She's a leftie who's managed to bill herself as a moderate by taking more positions than are in the Kama Sutra and being all things to all people.

Such a bad decision. All Biden had to do was pick Susan Rice or Amy Klobuchar and he would have won in a landslide. He needs someone to cement his "moderate" credentials since that's the only thing he's running on. He's meant to be the "back to normalcy" candidate.

The election is now Trump V Harris which is far more favourable to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Biden totally looking senile here. Ffs.
    He’s a calming figure.
    He’s speaking sense.

Biden is smashing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Biden/Biden's advisors (whoever made this decision) have made a serious mistake picking Kamala.

Her being VP opens up MANY new lines of attack for Trump. Especially since most voters believe she will succeed Biden within 4 years if he wins. She's a much easier person to run against. She's not a moderate. She's a leftie who's managed to bill herself as a moderate by taking more positions than are in the Kama Sutra and being all things to all people.

Such a bad decision. All Biden had to do was pick Susan Rice or Amy Klobuchar and he would have won in a landslide. He needs someone to cement his "moderate" credentials since that's the only thing he's running on. He's meant to be the "back to normalcy" candidate.

The election is now Trump V Harris which is far more favourable to Trump.

Harris makes zero difference really. Those outraged at the idea of a black woman of colour being anywhere near power were diehard ride or die Trumpian Acolytes anyway.

Its just means the world can enjoy Trump and his disciples disgrace themselves some more when they fixate on her gender/colour making her unelectable.

Biden continuing to come across as presidential, clearly the narrative certain posters on here are pushing isn't exactly based on reality. Anyone watching him speak, it's such a welcome change from Trump's pressers. He's unifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Biden doing great here. He hasnt even suggested that Americans inject themselves with bleach, thats a postive in my book icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

He comes across as an elder statesman who genuinely cares about the nation. The fact that he occasionally flubs his words is just surface level slip-ups, whereas Trump is rotten to the core.

"Joe is the person to take us forward."
    Kamala Harris

Did anybody else find it extremely hard to take her seriously when she said that? She doesn't believe that. Nobody believes that. With the amount of reverence they're affording to Harris in this event, it's quite clear they intend to put her front and centre and to hell with Biden.

This is the tonic to the hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Harris-Gabbard 2024, It will be the most attractive duo in history which is a very low bar

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Harris makes zero difference really.
    60% of Americans believe Biden will either drop dead or resign before his 4 years are up. This is one of the only elections in US history in which VP pick matters.

Those outraged at the idea of a black woman of colour being anywhere near power were diehard ride or die Trumpian Acolytes anyway.
    Who's said anything about her race or gender? (other than the people promoting her who won't shut up about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Who's said anything about her race or gender? (other than the people promoting her who won't shut up about it)

You don't say it you whistle dixie

"Joe is the person to take us forward."
    Kamala Harris

Did anybody else find it extremely hard to take her seriously when she said that? She doesn't believe that. Nobody believes that. With the amount of reverence they're affording to Harris in this event, it's quite clear they intend to put her front and centre and to hell with Biden.
    You guys do not seem to be taking the pairing well.... But it seems to be more because it's a powerful pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

An American dies from Covid every 80 seconds, thats some record Trump has

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

60% of Americans believe Biden will either drop dead or resign before his 4 years are up. This is one of the only elections in US history in which VP pick matters.

Citation for that 60%?

That was change.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And American’s are the pantheon of all knowledge are they?

An opinion poll of Kens and Karens does not fact make. Biden is only four years older than Trump yet looks four times fitter.

Honestly the obsession by some people here is baffling. Now that he shows that he’s not senile it’s about Biden dying in office when the incumbent is morbidly obese and lies about doctors telling him how amazing he is that he can distinguish a camera from a television.

One thing to note about Biden’s speech.

He never once spoke about himself. Refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Harris makes zero difference really. Those outraged at the idea of a black woman of colour being anywhere near power were diehard ride or die Trumpian Acolytes anyway.

Its just means the world can enjoy Trump and his disciples disgrace themselves some more when they fixate on her gender/colour making her unelectable.

This is nuts talk, I will try speaking your language...She is an authoritarian who enjoys locking up people of color, people on the left and Right hate her equally and I hate to burst your bubble but it has nothing to do with the pigment of her skin and is more to do with her being a horrible person. I think by picking her Biden has completely lost the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This is nuts talk, I will try speaking your language...She is an authoritarian who enjoys locking up people of color, people on the left and Right hate her equally and I hate to burst your bubble but it has nothing to do with the pigment of her skin and is more to do with her being a horrible person. I think by picking her Biden has completely lost the race.

Completely, the deep and passionate hatred for her is largely from African American males and given her history, understandable.

• Advertisement

This is nuts talk, I will try speaking your language...She is an authoritarian who enjoys locking up people of color,

By that logic Trumpers should love her!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

By that logic Trumpers should love her!

Why?

I could see how she would win over the GOP wing who are Bush acolytes.

How?

Are the Republicans going to accuse her of being soft on the police when they’re claiming the Democrats are anti-police?

Is Trump going to address donating money to her re-election campaign for AG of California?

It’s a nightmare pick for the Republicans. She is nearly everything they claim the Democrats are not.

You guys do not seem to be taking the pairing well.... But it seems to be more because it's a powerful pairing.

Are you kidding? I’m dee-lighted. And so is Trump by the way.
    If I seem shocked it’s because I am shocked that Biden could be so stupid.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Citation for that 60%?

A poll by Rasmussen published two days ago. Correction: It said 59%, not 60%.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/59_think_biden_unlikely_to_finish_a_four_year_term_in_white_house

Are you kidding? I’m dee-lighted. And so is Trump by the way.
    If I seem shocked it’s because I am shocked that Biden could be so stupid.

You realise today was one of the most successful fundraising days for Biden? It was in the wake of Harris announcement... Don't see her negatively affecting him at all. Both did superb speeches this evening. They were unifying rather than attempting to create divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rasmussen....lol....it is pretty much regarded as garbage and the least accurate of the major pollsters.
    It also has a well established pro GOP bias....so yeah...I wouldn't even take it with grain of salt never mind a pinch.

The other factor is people believing stupid things is something that often shows up in polls. Eg Gallup polling on evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And I'm 99% sure you thought Biden had completely lost the race BEFORE he picked Harris.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    And American’s are the pantheon of all knowledge are they?

An opinion poll of Kens and Karens does not fact make.
    People vote according they’re beliefs. Whether they’re right or wrong doesn’t matter. A majority of Americans believe Harris is likely to succeed Biden in the next fours years.

Every moderate/independent in the swing states who would have found it easy to vote Biden had he picked a genuine moderate like Amy Klobuchar or a non-entity like Susan Rice are now going to reconsider Trump when faced with the prospect of a radical progressive like Harris becoming president if they vote for Biden.
    Biden is only four years older than Trump yet looks four times fitter.
    You’ve got to be kidding right? Physically, Biden might look better than Trump, but mentally there’s no comparison.

I’m not even talking about wit or intellect. Neither candidate scores highly there. But Trump is obviously capable of paying attention, speaking comprehensibly (without slurring over words) or rambling incoherently. When he speaks extemporaneously he manages to stay pretty engaged and doesn’t zone out. In other words the man’s brain seems to work just as well it as it did 10 years ago.

Watch videos of Biden from when he first became VP and try and tell me the guy has not declined noticeably.
    Honestly the obsession by some people here is baffling. Now that he shows that he’s not senile it’s about Biden dying in office when the incumbent is morbidly obese and lies about doctors telling him how amazing he is that he can distinguish a camera from a television.
    Whatever you think about Trump’s intellect or aptitude for the job, Trump has shown no sign of mental decline or inability to withstand the stresses of the office.

Joe Biden aged substantially in his 8 years as VP, he’s shown stress on the campaign trail, the presidency will finish him off.

And don’t give me the he’s only four years older thing, people decline at different rates. This isn’t about age.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement