Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

this will be almost identical to the test that trump took. https://www.mocatest.org/pdf_files/test/MoCA-Test-English_7_1.pdf

if anybody descibes that as hard or difficult in any way they are not fit to be president.

So you havnt seen the exact text of Trumps test?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

So you havnt seen the exact text of Trumps test?

It's safe to assume there weren't any questions in it about the history of the "Spanish" flu or about air support in the American Civil War

feargale wrote: »
    It's safe to assume there weren't any questions in it about the history of the "Spanish" flu or of air support in the American Civil War

Assume anything you want. If people are using the test as a means to atrack the president, they would want to have their facts straight if they want their opinions to be respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Assume anything you want. If people are using the test as a means to atrack the president, they would want to have their facts straight if they want their opinions to be respected.

Highlighting this and book marking for future reference;)

Since no version of the test exists that he described, it's reasonable to assume that he was bs'ing. He also has a history of making stuff up.... But sure, you also have a long history of defending everything Trump says....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Edit: Assume anything you want. If people are using unsubstantiated claims to attack Biden, they would want to have their facts straight if they want their opinions to be respected.

So we're all in agreement finally!

Thank you President Trump!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/13/israel-and-uae-to-form-diplomatic-ties-says-donald-trump

Israel and UAE to form diplomatic ties, says Donald Trump

"Israel and the United Arab Emirates have established full diplomatic ties in a historic Washington-brokered deal that will mean Israel “suspending” its plans to annex parts of the Palestinian territories.

The deal, announced in a joint statement between Israel, the UAE and the US, said the two states had “agreed to the full normalisation of relations."

Edit: Assume anything you want. If people are using unsubstantiated claims to attack Biden, they would want to have their facts straight if they want their opinions to be respected.

So we're all in agreement finally!

Indeed, they are just as bad as each other.

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    I disagree. He’s done far too many complicated things in his life (and had reasonably good success) for me to assume he’s stupid.

He built a fortune of 4.5 billion and a large multinational organisation. Fair enough, he had the famous “small loan of a million dollars”. But it’s a lot easier to lose a million than to turn it into billions. New York real estate isn’t an easy business. You can’t attribute all his success to the silver spoon. He’s had ups and downs and managed to come back pretty much consistently.

He was also ran a successful TV show which isn’t easy either (and did so successfully).

Not to mention he ran for the US presidency and managed to win. Unlike most presidential candidates who go from rally to rally reciting the same speech, Trump managed to give a unique and at many times extemporaneous speeches wherever he went. Unintelligent people don’t do that.

Aside from the silver spoon you're not far off describing the Kinahans.
    If I were to guess I’d say he’s 115 to 125 IQ. Not a genius but still quite bright.

Give or take 25.
    Native guile and cuteness, yes. (as in planting K. West to run, another trick learned from his Moscow puppet master.)
    Education? Oh sweet Jesus!
    I’ve heard him give emotional spueeches before. For example when he spoke about his brother who died of alchoholism and how that inspired him to be a lifelong teetotaller.
    Likewise when he talked about writing letters to the families of dead military members and witnessing caskets being unloaded from planes.
    Recently he hosted families of crime victims from various big cities at the White House. I would say he seemed genuinely empathetic.

It's a wonder he didn't tweet them.
    Nobody’s “first, last and only thought” is of themselves.

Who told you that? The man exudes narcissism.
    He might well be unsuited to the presidency. In fact I’d say he probably is. But he’s managed people his entire life and as I’ve said, he’s been reasonably successful.

“Amoral” is a bit strong. Vindictive? Sure. Charlatan? In some instances yes.
    I’d put him in over Biden.

So you would have a vindictive, somewhat amoral charlatan as president? Good luck with that.

I have met a few Russians who would die for Putin ( one who said she would have his baby.) It's the same syndrome that drove Germans when Hitler was claiming victory after victory. To hell with morality then. On the other hand sane people limit that sentiment in themselves to international football.
    I knew Irish people who worked for multinational companies in places such as Indonesia and came home rubbishing the notion of democracy and human rights for the locals. I couldn't escape the conclusion that their thinking was conditioned by their masters because they didn't express such views previously. I wonder how many devotees here of the deranged American imbecile are in similar thrall.
    Of course, when you see people approvingly comparing Trump with Hitler other thoughts might cross your mind,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/13/israel-and-uae-to-form-diplomatic-ties-says-donald-trump

"Israel and the United Arab Emirates have established full diplomatic ties in a historic Washington-brokered deal that will mean Israel “suspending” its plans to annex parts of the Palestinian territories.

The deal, announced in a joint statement between Israel, the UAE and the US, said the two states had “agreed to the full normalisation of relations."

Why are you thanking Trump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Why are you thanking Trump?

Desperation.

Next time those princesses attempt an escape I don't suppose Israel will be their first stop then.

I would prefer to see an accomdation between Israelis and Palestinians but you certainly won't see that during Trump's presidency,

Joint statement regarding the "Abraham Accords". This is just fantastic news, make the world great again!

EfTv44FX0Ag4MeR?format=jpg&name=large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Well done President Trump. Great news

https://twitter.com/brhodes/status/1293968443918569475?s=19

It's easy enough to see it for what it really is. Trump doesn't care about the Middle East or anywhere else unless it has some benefit for him. The Nobel Prize lark is always funny.

President Trump:

"Everyone said this would be impossible"

"This is a truly historic moment"

"We have been working on this for a very long time, It has been a labor of love..."

I highly recommend watching the full conference it get very emotional. You can see what it means to everyone. Thank you president Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cannot wait, its going to be E P I C

Its very odd that you take pleasure in other peoples upset and anger. Very very strange.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It's easy enough to see it for what it really is. Trump doesn't care about the Middle East or anywhere else unless it has some benefit for him. The Nobel Prize lark is always funny.

Unbelievable sour grapes there. Can you not just put the pettiness aside for a minute and be happy? President Trumps achievement is a win for us all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

President Trump:

"We have been working on this for a very long time, It has been a labor of love..."

I highly recommend watching the full conference it get very emotional. You can see what it means to everyone. Thank you president Trump.

What happened to Jared Kushners masterplan?

Because absolutely none of the details from that plan are in this. not a single one.

So when Trump says they've been working on this for a very long time , does he mean since January when their last idea went down like a lead balloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

President Trump:

You are an appalling troll.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable sour grapes there. Can you not just put the pettiness aside for a minute and be happy? President Trumps achievement is a win for us all.

Netanyahu says he's "still committed" to annexations. And UAE say it's not actually a deal but a roadmap. It's not an achievement, it's just another dressed up attempt to make himself look good and distract from the fact that Americans are still dying every day. Pity he didn't make his pandemic response a "labor of love".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Netanyahu says he's "still committed" to annexations. And UAE say it's not actually a deal but a roadmap. It's not an achievement, it's just another dressed up attempt to make himself look good and distract from the fact that Americans are still dying every day. Pity he didn't make his pandemic response a "labor of love".

I’m not an expert on the Middle East.

Does that mean everything else is null so?
    Not that there was any achievements beforehand.

The main problem is with Palestinian, Iran and Israel?

I’m not an expert on the Middle East.

Does that mean everything else is null so?
    Not that there was any achievements beforehand.

The main problem is with Palestinian, Iran and Israel?

I'm no expert either. These two articles give a good breakdown of it

https://www.axios.com/netanyahu-uae-deal-annexation-plans-suspension-1fb0d2d1-8ebc-48f6-81c7-35641ba7cd09.html

https://www.axios.com/trump-uae-israel-normalization-of-relations-ee657832-951d-4ead-ab9d-817a529cfcc4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So is the agreement between two countries saying that they agree not to take over any more of a third, totally separate country?

Both parties, and the 'independent chair' are allies?

Not sure I understand why this would be seen as significant, it certainly doesn't seem to me to change anything in the ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

President Trump:

What has been achieved here exactly? Just saw Netenyahu say that this does not change Israel's plan to annex parts of the West Bank and is not in any way to be interpreted as Israel agreeing to any two state solution. So how is this "deal" a good thing? Stinks of a pr exercise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

President Trump:

This comes across like very poor quality propaganda to be honest. No idea why you're thanking Trump. Doubt he reads Boards.ie.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This comes across like very poor quality propaganda to be honest. No idea why you're thanking Trump. Doubt he reads Boards.ie.

My summary: The #IMPOTUS got a headline for doing something seemingly reasonable. All sing praises to the #IMPOTUS.

Andddddd.... who supported the annexation that now Israel is postponing? A quid pro quo perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Getting really tired of all this peace stuff

Where's the invasions and regime changes?

So sick of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Getting really tired of all this peace stuff

Where's the invasions and regime changes?

So sick of Trump

You'll be glad to know then that sales to the Saudis have skyrocketed and drone strikes (remember those?) across the middle East have gone up so much that they have just stopped reporting their figures. It may have been disappointing that the coup attempt in Venezuela failed in almost comical fashion last year, but hey... maybe next time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Yeah just the gassing and unmarked arrest of citizens and the defunding of USPS to deny democracy.

Not to mention giving tacit support for neo nazis and armed militia storming County legislature.

Then of course there is the support for Chinise concentration camps.

Or the stoppage of reporting drone strikes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement