Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I would say given the infection rates that it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to be made mandatory outdoors in densely populated areas. Unbelievable, I know. :) Fauci said similar in relation to protests so seems applicable to any cities. I'd trust his science credentials more than yours.

I've seen numerous people waking the wilds of the burren in facemasks over the last week. Some people just have no comment sense.
    Biden didn't say in crowded spaces, he said outdoors. People will take that at face value and believe he said outdoors.
    Once you start using the Ant-Man quote your basically telling people if you don't mask up your threatening someones life, they government might get away with it here but not in Alabama. Your turning people against each other with no real world evidence, that is politically wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dr. Siegel tells Tucker Carlson there is 'no science' behind Biden's mask mandate
    Siegel called it 'the politics of fear'

Media not buying it after all, I'm sure CNN will retort later to say everyone is going to die if they don't listen to Professor Biden.

The same Dr Siegel who fawned over Person Woman Man Camera TV? Hardly an impartial observer.

He and Carlson do not represent “the media”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-marc-siegel-gushes-over-trumps-cognitive-test-rant-he-was-extremely-sharp-on-every-second/

He didn't "mention" it. He was asked the question by a reporter.

Let me guess was it OAN

I've seen numerous people waking the wilds of the burren in facemasks over the last week. Some people just have no comment sense.
    Biden didn't say in crowded spaces, he said outdoors. People will take that at face value and believe he said outdoors.
    Once you start using the Ant-Man quote your basically telling people if you don't mask up your threatening someones life, they government might get away with it here but not in Alabama. Your turning people against each other with no real world evidence, that is politically wrong.

Just scientific evidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Overheal wrote: »
    The same Dr Siegel who fawned over Person Woman Man Camera TV? Hardly an impartial observer.
    From an interview on Hannity in March talking about H1N1:

"DR. MARC SIEGEL (FOX NEWS MEDICAL CONTRIBUTOR): Absolutely. And over 300,000 deaths in the United States alone when all the figures were counted. And let me tell you something, this virus should be compared to the flu. Because at worst, at worst, worst case scenario it could be the flu. And as you pointed out, the president has jumped in quickly, started the travel bans. He understands the public health issues. He's got top leaders advising him. Guess what the reason is? Try to prevent and slow the spread before it takes root here. "

---

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Let me guess was it OAN

Ding ding ding ding ding...

Give that man a prize!!!!

It was indeed the one and only Chanel Rion.

Let me guess was it OAN

In relation to this, they're not even the nuttiest group with a press pass. The Epoch Times have one and they're basically a new age religious cult.... I think they get a pass because they're anti-communism and pro Trump. They don't sell their newspaper, it's just an unsolicited newspaper you get through your letterbox, across the globe...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Ding ding ding ding ding...

Give that man a prize!!!!

It was indeed the one and only Chanel Rion.

Oh man how could I have known! It definitely doesn’t have to do with coordination between OAN and the Trump Administration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just scientific evidence?

There's no scientific evidence outside of a labatory, there will be soon. No mask policy is based on real world studies.
    Don't tell me you think everyone should he wearing one outside as well, Biden is only interested in protecting himself and scoring political points.

There's no scientific evidence outside of a labatory, there will be soon. No mask policy is based on real world studies.
    Don't tell me you think everyone should he wearing one outside as well, Biden is only interested in protecting himself and scoring political points.

I'm not sure where you got your science degree but you're talking complete nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Here we have Zappone, the head the ball, showing her cloying adulation for Biden and ilk. Apparently, she became an Irish citizen in 1995, So why does she say she's "so proud to be an American"? I remember when many people in Ireland were branded "racist" for calling her a yank! And yet here we have it !! Her Irish citizenship was more of a means to an end than it is a marker of one's identity. A travel document really.

Some people have short memories

https://twitter.com/k_zappone/status/1293354661681012737

So when ROI beat Italy in NYC in 1994 no Irish person with US citizenship had a right to say they were proud to be Irish?
    And WTF does K. Zappone got to do with whether USA should have a decent, honourable man as president or a deranged, amoral, bullying, grabbing, uneducated, ignorant, draft-dodging, lying, womanising imbecile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

she is a dual citizen, born in the US. is she not allowed to be proud of her native country? an unsurprisingly stupid post.

Of course, she is allowed to be proud of her native country, the place she was born, and grew up in. She is an America with travel documents for Ireland :D Stupid people see the stupid in everything around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Dual citizenship is allowed by both America and Ireland.

Do you feel that Irish citizens should give up all other passports if they wish to retain their Irish citizenship, 1800_Ladladlad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,640 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He's recommending people wear them outside after meeting with experts on the issue. I'd prefer for a person to follow the recommendation of experts which he is. And I'm fine with using laboratory tests as a basis, on top of that countries who have a tendency to mask up and follow other precautions have tended to have been far less seriously hit btw.

He's recommending people wear them outside after meeting with experts on the issue. I'd prefer for a person to follow the recommendation of experts which he is. And I'm fine with using laboratory tests as a basis, on top of that countries who have a tendency to mask up and follow other precautions have tended to have been far less seriously hit btw.

'BuT tHatS NOT ScYNteefek! :mad::mad:'

'BuT tHatS NOT ScYNteefek! :mad::mad:'

He's gonna shout 'unbelievable' again shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Did Trump send Private Investigators to Cuba and Canada looking for his birth cert?

Did the whole GOP and Fox News spend 2 years banging on about it demanding that Cruz release the long-form version of his birth-cert to prove his claims?

Or did they only do that to the Black guy?

Does Trump tell Nancy Pelosi to "go back to where she came from" when she gets under his skin or does he only say that to the Black women?

Here's the thing the GOP fueled by Fox News have spent decades telling their supporters to fear "different" to fear "the other"

They have invested massively in telling their supporters that anyone that doesn't have the same beliefs as them , anyone that doesn't look,act and sound like them is a threat to their very existence.

"They are going to take your guns" , "They are going to take away religion" , "They are going to Destroy Suburbia" , "The WAR on Christmas" on and on and on and on, ad infinitum.

Call it Racism , call it Xenophobia , call it Sectarianism - Call it whatever you like.

It's the Politics of hate and fear.

To the GOP, anyone that is different is not someone to find common ground with - They are a mortal enemy.

fox is republican, you can admit that? criticism, smearing; why is that racist?

not the 'black guy', a political opponent.

re polisi, he does all the time. 'go back and clean up san fran'.

obama's professor...Laurence Tribe of Harvard, however, described Cruz's eligibility as "murky and unsettled".

Did Trump send Private Investigators to Cuba and Canada looking for his birth cert? in relation to that, I'm not sure what you're talking about?

They have invested massively in telling their supporters that anyone that doesn't have the same beliefs as them , anyone that doesn't look,act and sound like them is a threat to their very existence.
    can you give any specific example of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

President Trump:

"Everyone said this would be impossible"

"This is a truly historic moment"

"We have been working on this for a very long time, It has been a labor of love..."

An accord with UAE, that great bastion of human rights, whose shaggy sheikhs are as representative of the people of UAE as they are of Arab people as a whole. I wonder if the fella who mislaid one of his wives was involved.

I highly recommend watching the full conference it get very emotional. You can see what it means to everyone. Thank you president Trump.

I'm fighting to hold back the tears. In fact, I think I'm going to urinate in my trousers. Thank you Stable Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I am amazed that people think suggesting Biden is only interested in protecting himself is an insult.

What do you think motivates Trump every day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You do realise that scientific studies happen everywhere, not just in a designated lab. I'm guessing you're not familiar with the empirical process. You know the method in which enables you to able to write on this website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I am amazed that people think suggesting Biden is only interested in protecting himself is an insult.

What do you think motivates Trump every day?

That dastardly Biden not wanting to die of Covid. It’s all about him the fiend and the people he’s trying to protect wearing the mask. Does he think of no one else but himself and others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

fox is republican, you can admit that? criticism, smearing; why is that racist?

not the 'black guy', a political opponent.

re polisi, he does all the time. 'go back and clean up san fran'.

obama's professor...Laurence Tribe of Harvard, however, described Cruz's eligibility as "murky and unsettled".

Did Trump send Private Investigators to Cuba and Canada looking for his birth cert? in relation to that, I'm not sure what you're talking about?

can you give any specific example of that?
    Thats some level of reaching there and unless you're somehow under the impression that San Francisco is in a country other than the US you know it.

Had he told Schiff, Pelosi, Clinton and Biden to go back to their home countries or claimed they weren't from America with Fox and co running with it for weeks, months or years you might have a point re political opponents. But they didn't, and you don't.

Condoning and defending racism isn't a great look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Thats some level of reaching there and unless you're somehow under the impression that San Francisco is in a country other than the US you know it.

Had he told Schiff, Pelosi, Clinton and Biden to go back to their home countries or claimed they weren't from America with Fox and co running with it for weeks, months or years you might have a point re political opponents. But they didn't, and you don't.

Condoning and defending racism isn't a great look.

for me to 1st 'condone and defend' racism, you must 1st establish racism was present.

can you give a specific example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Technically yes and they have always been allowed , the GOP have been banned from doing it since the early '70's having been found to be guilty of extreme voter intimidation and other illegal practices.

They finally got the ban overturned in 2018 (after the mid terms) so this will be the 1st time in almost 50 years that they've been allowed to have monitors.

They are planning to go whole hog with it in all the places that they feel are "Hotbeds for voter fraud" which are, in surprise to no one , predominantly Democrat , mainly Black/Hispanic voting districts.

How do these election monitors work in practice? Like I presume voters carry their ID and polling card to the station and nothing else. Other than that whats the monitors criteria for deeming them eligible to vote? This election is getting so messed up at this stage it wouldnt surprise me to see militia with automatic weapons asking voters for their birth cert, high school exam results along with a letter from the tooth fairy confirming it took their first tooth from under a pillow on American soil.

for me to 1st 'condone and defend' racism, you must 1st establish racism was present.

How many white presidential candidates have had their legitimacy questioned by Trump?

duploelabs wrote: »
    How many white presidential candidates have had their legitimacy questioned by Trump?

Just Ted Cruz. I can't think of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Trumps frequent claiming, and both his supporters and fox news etc continued insistence, that non white political opponents are not from America, not eligible to be president, an/or should go back to their own countries with absolutely nothing to support it.

Trump-racism-scandal-1962928.jpg?r=1563347590660

BirtherTrumpTweet-e1473985014311.png

If you can't see that as racism, well...

Is anyone in this thread legitimately suspicious she isn't a natural born citizen? Because, I mean, there is no room for it at all.
    In 2009 in Ankeny v. Governor,[63] the Indiana Court of Appeals reaffirmed that persons born within the borders of the United States are "natural born Citizens", regardless of the citizenship of their parents. The court referred to the case of Wong Kim Ark, and provides a compilation of the arguments pertaining to this topic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause#2000s

• Advertisement

Is anyone in this thread legitimately suspicious she isn't a natural born citizen?

Some believed hydroxychloroquine was a legitimate treatment for Covid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement