Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Overheal wrote: »
    Is anyone in this thread legitimately suspicious she isn't a natural born citizen?

Some believed hydroxychloroquine was a legitimate treatment for Covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

this is what i cant understand, regardless of what side you're on. an opinion piece? either they were or they were not. that should be easy to ascertain.

look at her DOB, look when the parents were naturalised. put the story to bed one way or another.

it is irrelevant when her parents were naturalised. the requirement is that she is a natural born citizen. she was born in california so that qualifies her as a natural born citizen. there is long established case law to support this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,689 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah the status of her parents makes no difference. She was born here, end of, with 2 and a quarter centuries of judicial interpretation to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And you got the answer - Universal support across every single Demographic in the US , including a Majority of Trump Supporters.

Unfortunately facts mean nothing to Trump supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,773 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

duploelabs wrote: »
    Some believed hydroxychloroquine was a legitimate treatment for Covid.

And some believe that it helps against covid while also believing covid simply doesn't exist. Cults tend to have that kind of effect on people, especially when the leader of said cult alters his vision of reality every other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

specifically, where is the racism? is joe racist, cos kamlila inferred it? i dunno, what's the standard here?
    you can't see that those 3 examples are racist....come on now.

Who is kamlila?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,673 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

specifically, where is the racism? is joe racist, cos kamlila inferred it? i dunno, what's the standard here?

Kamlila????

Have some decency and spell the woman's name correctly at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

duploelabs wrote: »
    You do realise that scientific studies happen everywhere, not just in a designated lab. I'm guessing you're not familiar with the empirical process. You know the method in which enables you to able to write on this website

Can you point me to one real world trial? Yea didn't think so, if you believe what's happening in reality and the lab are the same your a sheep.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    you can't see that those 3 examples are racist....come on now.

Who is kamlila?

Kamala Harris

are we reduced to that, spelling someones name incorrectly?

i'm asking you, an example of racism. not a link to an article.

surely if you take a position, you can defend it.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Kamlila????

Have some decency and spell the woman's name correctly at least

i now. shame on me.

Kamala Harris

are we reduced to that, spelling someones name incorrectly?

i'm asking you, an example of racism. not a link to an article.

surely if you take a position, you can defend it.

You've already been given some but didn't reply.
    Trumps frequent claiming, and both his supporters and fox news etc continued insistence, that non white political opponents are not from America, not eligible to be president, an/or should go back to their own countries with absolutely nothing to support it.

Trump-racism-scandal-1962928.jpg?r=1563347590660

BirtherTrumpTweet-e1473985014311.png

If you can't see that as racism, well...

You've already been given some but didn't reply.

again, can you spell out the racism?

like specifically?

from margin call

from .35s on. pretend i'm the retriever.

Insisting people are not American based on nothing more than their skin colour is pout blank racist. If you want to continue to defend this, it implies you agree with his assessment.

Insisting people are not American based on nothing more than their skin colour is pout blank racist. If you want to continue to defend this, it implies you agree with his assessment.

We have a severe problem with Racism here, we have never acknowledged it. It is beyond criminal what the state is doing to disadvantaged kids. We are destroying their future day after day in the district court system.
    The headline story reads don't do drugs they'll destroy your future, it's not drugs are destroying these kids future it's the criminal justice system.

'There's none so blind as those that will not see'.

what is specific racism for you? A signed declaration by someone that their views conform to the textbook definition of racism?

You seem to believe that unless someone uses a racial term, it isn't actually racism.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,673 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

again, can you spell out the racism?

like specifically?

Its simple.... If the difference between two actions is down to the colour of skin, then its racist.

Trump did not question John mccains proprietary for running for president..... He questioned Obamas.

The difference..... Skin colour.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah the status of her parents makes no difference. She was born here, end of, with 2 and a quarter centuries of judicial interpretation to support it.

Technically, there are some exceptions such as children of foreigners sent to the US on international assignment for their government, but I have seen nothing to indicate that she falls under them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1294263214071521281?s=19

Tributes to Donald from the people that know him best.

• Advertisement

'There's none so blind as those that will not see'.

what is specific racism for you? A signed declaration by someone that their views conform to the textbook definition of racism?

You seem to believe that unless someone uses a racial term, it isn't actually racism.

maybe i'm blind (i do wear glasses!). i'm open enough to be swayed though if someone can point me in the direction.

why don't you (maybe not you specifically, i dunno) define that. trump is being labeled a racist.
    is the burden of proof not on the person who makes the accusation?

surely you need to prove his guilt (i know its not a court but the principle remains)? is that not how this **** works?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

There's a whole list of Donald's racial views here, with links and references, and the odd defence. They stack up.

But to pick one, if you're defending a rally by white supremacists and the KKK, you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls you racist.

maybe i'm blind (i do wear glasses!). i'm open enough to be swayed though if someone can point me in the direction.

why don't you (maybe not you specifically, i dunno) define that. trump is being labeled a racist.
    is the burden of proof not on the person who makes the accusation?

surely you need to prove his guilt (i know its not a court but the principle remains)? is that not how this **** works?

You look at what someone says, the words they use, the manner in which they say them and you consider these in the context of whether or not that person is consistent in how they treat all people in comparable situations.

Trump doesn't.
    He hasn't told white people to go back to where they came from.
    He hasn't referred to countries which are largely occupied by white people as being sh*thole countries.
    He didn't apply a travel ban consistently given that his reason for introducing it was to curb terrorism and yet didn't include the country from which most of the terrorists which carried out the most deadly terrorism act on the US as part of this ban.
    He suggested there were good people on all sides of protests where one side was occupied by white supremacists.
    He suggested that protests were illegal and should be met with violence when what they were advocating for was for Black people to be treated fariely.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

There's a whole list of Donald's racial views here, with links and references, and the odd defence. They stack up.

But to pick one, if you're defending a rally by white supremacists and the KKK, you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls you racist.

Everyone is entitled to express their view and everyone is entitled to change that view point as well. Snowden is a perfect example, Trump said he should be hanged for Treason, that view point has changed, Snowden might now be a Trump asset. A pardon isn't out of the realms of possibility.
    Trotting out what you previously said proves nothing only a view based on one snapshot in time. It's not today's thinking. I've had it myself posters in current posts throwing something you said 5yrs ago at you, times change, people change, it's not fair to say your opinions now are the same as they were then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Everyone is entitled to express their view and everyone is entitled to change that view point as well. Snowden is a perfect example, Trump said he should be hanged for Treason, that view point has changed, Snowden might now be a Trump asset. A pardon isn't out of the realms of possibility.
    Trotting out what you previously said proves nothing only a view based on one snapshot in time. It's not today's thinking. I've had it myself posters in current posts throwing something you said 5yrs ago at you, times change, people change, it's not fair to say your opinions now are the same as they were then.

His comments about Harris were yesterday so your "he could be a changed man" theory doesn't wash. Nice try though.

You look at what someone says, the words they use, the manner in which they say them and you consider these in the context of whether or not that person is consistent in how they treat all people in comparable situations.

Trump doesn't.
    He hasn't told white people to go back to where they came from.
    He hasn't referred to countries which are largely occupied by white people as being sh*thole countries.
    He didn't apply a travel ban consistently given that his reason for introducing it was to curb terrorism and yet didn't include the country from which most of the terrorists which carried out the most deadly terrorism act on the US as part of this ban.
    He suggested there were good people on all sides of protests where one side was occupied by white supremacists.
    He suggested that protests were illegal and should be met with violence when what they were advocating for was for Black people to be treated fariely.

has he told non-whites to "go back to where they came from"? do you really think 'non whites' are incapable? Thats on you.

has he referred to countries they are predominantly non-white as **** holes?

but yet excluded the 2 biggest muslim populations in the world? being egypt and indonesia.

do you think there were were good people in the irish nationalist movement? pretty much, we can all decide that extremes of the left and right are abhorrent.

did he say that, that 'protests were illegal and should be met with violence' im pretty sure he said riots that were burning federal buildings was against the constitution.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

has he told non-whites to "go back to where they came from"?

Yes.

has he told non-whites to "go back to where they came from"?

Yes
    has he referred to countries they are predominantly non-white as **** holes?

but yet excluded the 2 biggest muslim populations in the world? being egypt and indonesia.

The fact he left Egypt out invalidates his argument that it was being done in order to limit terrorism.
    do you think there were were good people in the irish nationalist movement? pretty much, we can all decide that extremes of the left and right are abhorrent.

Yes but if someone pointed that out in the immediate aftermath of the Omagh bomb, about the RIRA, I would have said that they were supporting that group

did he say that, that 'protests were illegal and should be met with violence' im pretty sure he said riots that were burning federal buildings was against the constitution.

Yes. On a conference call with Governors he implored of them to use the National Guard and to get tough and to arrest and jail the protesters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Welcome, you must be new around these parts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

There are many, many examples of Trump's racism over decades;

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history
    https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

Of course, there's no point trying to convince some people. They'll attack the sources or take random examples (out of literally dozens) and argue that you can't prove Trump's intent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement