Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I like the way you inserted ... instead of quoting him further. Nice tactic.

Sorry to bring this up again but I think this illustrates my point better.

The "..." came from your post (#1568), which I copied and pasted verbatim:

iCol6ws.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"As we continue to confront the China Virus we are rebuilding Americas economy like nobody thought possible."

"Stock market up almost 300 points again today."

"Our economy is performing significantly better than Europe...at the same time, Europe has experienced a higher excess mortality than the US...we are working with Europe on their difficulty's and we are going to help them all the way."

"We have the strongest performing economy in the world, were up 9 trillion dollars in value since March."

Only got around to watching the presidents conference today. Impressive figures indeed. Despite the virus, Americans pockets are getting lined, this will be reflected on polling day for sure. Its also nice that the Trump administration is giving aid to us in Europe, this is also a vote winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sorry to bring this up again but I think this illustrates my point better.

The "..." came from your post (#1568), which I copied and pasted verbatim:

iCol6ws.jpg

So you're saying you didn't bother checking out the full source which I posted i.e. the videos on the tweets. Didn't bother looking into it further and just ran with what you saw that you thought supported your man. Yup, sounds about right for a Trump supporter. :pac:

Your also ignored the rest of the post highlighting Trump's blatant lies. Again pretty standard for a Trump fan.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So you're saying you didn't bother checking out the full source which I posted i.e. the videos on the tweets. Didn't bother looking into it further and just ran with what you saw that you thought supported your man. Yup, sounds about right for a Trump supporter. :pac:

Firstly, you accused me of doctoring president Trumps words, now everybody knows I did not. Secondly, if anyone wants to look back on my posts, they will see that I did indeed watch the videos (I made a post saying the video was cut too short and that it would be nice to see the full one). Thirdly, I went and found the article in question and shared it with everyone here so I did check the full source.

In summary, I did not doctor President Trumps words, I watched the video and I read the full article in question. All of this can be seen previously in thread.

You wont admit you were wrong on this but I've made my point and that's the last I'll say on the matter.

• Advertisement

Only got around to watching the presidents conference today. Impressive figures indeed. Despite the virus, Americans pockets are getting lined, this will be reflected on polling day for sure. Its also nice that the Trump administration is giving aid to us in Europe, this is also a vote winner.

How are Americans pockets getting lined exactly? Millions remain unemployed. You seem to think that everyone in America has money invested in the stock market. Bizarre.

In addition the stock market is still down on where it was. It hasn't recovered from the losses incurred since the start of the year. It's amazing how grown adults are still swallowing Trump's lies hook, line and sinker after all this time.

Firstly, you accused me of doctoring president Trumps words, now everybody knows I did not. Secondly, if anyone wants to look back on my posts, they will see that I did indeed watch the videos (I made a post saying the video was cut too short and that it would be nice to see the full one). Thirdly, I went and found the article in question and shared it with everyone here so I did check the full source.

In summary, I did not doctor President Trumps words, I watched the video and I read the full article in question. All of this can be seen previously in thread.

You wont admit you were wrong on this but I've made my point and that's the last I'll say on the matter.

Are you saying that Trump said "dot, dot, dot" during his presser? Sounds like something he'd say so I'll grant you that. :D Why didn't you include his full quote? Why haven't you STILL addressed the blatant lies he told about "they're saying" Harris was not born in the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"As we continue to confront the China Virus we are rebuilding Americas economy like nobody thought possible."

"Our economy is performing significantly better than Europe...at the same time, Europe has experienced a higher excess mortality than the US...we are working with Europe on their difficulty's and we are going to help them all the way."

"We have the strongest performing economy in the world, were up 9 trillion dollars in value since March."

The country is trillions in debt, the stock market is getting pumped with billions via the fed, millions unemployed and millions face eviction.
    It’s a catastrophe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The country is trillions in debt, the stock market is getting pumped with billions via the fed, millions unemployed and millions face eviction.
    It’s a catastrophe.

But the #IMPOTUS said it's all good so it must be true! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

But the #IMPOTUS said it's all good so it must be true! :D

Honest Don would never lie.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,672 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lol joe goebbels would be creaming himself with that level of propaganda there....

"in a few short months we're going to be supplying the world with ventilators"....

Eh.... Your already a few short months too late you imbecile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In case you wasted your time like I did reading that Newsweek article about Harris and were duped into thinking the Claremont Institute was even slightly legitimate, a writer for Slate destroys Eastman's argument and shines some light on the sewer that is the Claremont Instittute: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/kamala-harris-birther-birthright-citizenship-claremont.html?via=homepage_taps_top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Igotadose wrote: »
    In case you wasted your time like I did reading that Newsweek article about Harris and were duped into thinking the Claremont Institute was even slightly legitimate, a writer for Slate destroys Eastman's argument and shines some light on the sewer that is the Claremont Instittute: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/08/kamala-harris-birther-birthright-citizenship-claremont.html?via=homepage_taps_top
    Eastman clearly had an agenda and was pissed off at losing out in the AG race to her.
    Newsweek have made a serious mistake imo publishing this guff....they seem to be back pedaling furiously.

There is a massive sort of apology/disclaimer at the start of the original article now that says it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

I haven't been paying attention to the polls for obvious reasons but iv'e just had a look there and bunker Joe is on average holding a 6% lead over the president at this stage. Clinton was almost double that at 11% at the same stage 4 years ago and yet still lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I haven't been paying attention to the polls for obvious reasons but iv'e just had a look there and bunker Joe is on average holding a 6% lead over the president at this stage. Clinton was almost double that at 11% at the same stage 4 years ago and yet still lost.

Citation? Where is this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Not according to this poll from yesterday. Biden leads golfing Don by 11%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I posted 538 model from 2016 earlier, and this is just flat out wrong. But I think you know that.

Have you links to back up either of your assertions, actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I haven’t been looking at polls for obvious reasons but the one I did look at suited my narrative so I did look at that one but none of the others I promise.

The only poll worth watching is the bookies odds.

Currently Joe Biden is 8/11

Trump is 7/5

In a two horse race that's a big difference and no where near a tight call.

I do expect those odds to tighten as trumps election suppression methods become more obvious

• Advertisement

What poll was that then?
    Nearly every poll I have seen has biden with a 10+ percent lead.
    The bunker joe thing doesn't really work....Trump was the one who was hiding in a bunker for a start lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Think harris is impressive and will probably be the next president after biden who will noway seek a second term, thinking trump is goosed at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why do you think bunker Joe is a name to call him? You do know that staying in and away from others, particularly given his age, is exactly what he should be doing.

And yet he is using this time to get a VP pick, get his message out.

On the other hand you had Trump hold a rally, against the wishes of the local politicians and against the advice of the CDC, which turned out to be a complete disaster.

He is also surrounded by doctors and everyone meeting him is supposed to be meidcially verified prior.

One is showing leadership and showing how, even in changing and difficult circumstances he can still lead and play a leadership role, while Trump complains about everything and blames everybody for things not working out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The only poll worth watching is the bookies odds.

Currently Joe Biden is 8/11

Trump is 7/5

In a two horse race that's a big difference and no where near a tight call.

I do expect those odds to tighten as trumps election suppression methods become more obvious

Sure trump was 3/1 on election night 2016, wouldnt take the odds into account for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

You were better off when you weren't paying attention. When you paid attention you fupped up and came on here to show everybody your incompetence.

Here is an RCP page comparing 2016 with 2020, what it doesn't show is the number of undecided, which are a lot lower this time and much less likely to break for Trump than in 2016. RCP is a site with a pro GOP editorial stance btw. in case you think they are some kind of fake news.

Sure trump was 3/1 on election night 2016, wouldnt take the odds into account for now.

Obviously the huge glaring difference between then and now is that trump is no longer an unknown quantity....

His quantity and quality are all too well known unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He was, but he was also running against the most unpopular candidate that the Democrats ever ran. That's not the case this time, plus a lot of swing voters will hopefully have seen what a danger Trump is to American lives and civilised society.

I'm not saying that he won't win - in fact, I think he'll probably try to hold onto power, win or lose. But he's definitely up against it this time round.

Bunker Joe? Remind me who was hiding in a bunker when some citizens were exercising their right to protest outside the white house.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Bunker Joe? Remind me who was hiding in a bunker when some citizens were exercising their right to protest outside the white house.

It's amazing the mental gymnastics that the Trump zealots perform, Constantly calling Biden names or accusing him of something while all the time ignoring the fact that #IMPOTUS has done the same and worse :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Trump has now brokered the historic UAE/Israel deal, and shook hands with Kim Jong-un, all in his first term.
    And not started any wars.

The first peace president in decades.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement