Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,681 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Because I don't believe the polls...I believe that the Democratic Party have lost control of the black vote just like they have lost control of the working class vote...which is why they are marching in cities shouting BLM in a vain attempt to remain relevant to an important demographic....I can't see Biden inspiring them to vote Democrat that is for sure.

The black voters will get to make their decision in November...until then we will just have to wait and see.

....are you saying the BLM protesters marching in the streets are all Democrats party operatives?

Because I don't believe the polls...I believe that the Democratic Party have lost control of the black vote just like they have lost control of the working class vote...which is why they are marching in cities shouting BLM in a vain attempt to remain relevant to an important demographic....I can't see Biden inspiring them to vote Democrat that is for sure.

The black voters will get to make their decision in November...until then we will just have to wait and see.

The president basically chose to go to war with the black community in the last few months.... So ya, he's not getting that vote. Can you point to what economic policies helped the black communities? Cause those numbers were increasing prior to Trump even being in office...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

8% of the black votes went to Trump in the last election.
    That’s a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

duploelabs wrote: »
    Seems a theme going with Trump supporters that they 'get offended' by the tone of a post, rather than disputing the post's actual contents

Sophomoric reverse psychology is what I was accused of...I am not in the slightest bit offended by it, it is a typical response by that particular poster..., but that is a thinly disguised insult...

8% of the black votes went to Trump in the last election.
    That’s a fact.

It is no longer at 8%, that is my belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

And what are you basing this on? All empirical evidence will be against you trying to argue this. Have you anything anecdotal? Do you know many Black Americans?

Sophomoric reverse psychology is what I was accused of...I am not in the slightest bit offended by it, it is a typical response by that particular poster..., but that is a thinly disguised insult...

It's just pointing out what you were engaged in was sophomoric, it was itself an insult to the intelligence of everyone on the thread.

What Trump policies "specifically targeted black unemployment?"

Do you have any specific examples to offer of the work Trump has done in the middle east that you found "effective?"

What economic policies has Trump specifically engaged in that increased employment levels?

Ah that’s alright so.
    Well done on backing up your belief with facts.

Overheal wrote: »
    ....are you saying the BLM protesters marching in the streets are all Democrats party operatives?
    Protestors in Hong Kong are CIA plants, of course the "silent majority" supports China and the CCP.

BLM are astro-turfed protestors funded by the DNC, of course the silent majority of Black voters support Trump.

Different sides of the same coin; deluded claptrap.

• Advertisement

Actually it's lower than that now - just 5%

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/thewashingtonpost-police-protest-race-062420

The president basically chose to go to war with the black community in the last few months.... So ya, he's not getting that vote. Can you point to what economic policies helped the black communities? Cause those numbers were increasing prior to Trump even being in office...

Gone to war with the black community? Are you suggesting that the black community on mass were responsible for the rioting and looting that the US has witnessed over the last few months?

Or just the extreme minority of the black community?

Is attempting to control those riots considered war?

He set up special investment zones and offered tax relief for investors allowing black people the opportunity of owning their own business in their own part of town....of course, many of those black owned businesses have been impacted by the rioting and looting but you can't hold Trump responsible for that surely?

AS i have previously said, the black community will get to express their opinion on Trump come November!

Protestors in Hong Kong are CIA plants, of course the "silent majority" supports China and the CCP.

BLM are astro-turfed protestors funded by the DNC, of course the silent majority of Black voters support Trump.

Different sides of the same coin; deluded claptrap.

So in HK there were between 330k to 2 million protesters.

The CIA's entire headcount is 21,575 employees.

Do you have evidence that the millions of protesters this summer are all funded by the DNC? You're discussing what must surely be billions of dollars. Do you have receipts?

Do you have any specific examples to offer of the work Trump has done in the middle east that you found "effective?"

Not to mention his handling of the blm movement.

He set up special investment zones and offered tax relief for investors allowing black people the opportunity of owning their own business in their own part of town....of course, many of those black owned businesses have been impacted by the rioting and looting but you can't hold Trump responsible for that surely?

That was Senator Tim Scott's policy, not Trump's. It had led to increased gentrification. Have any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Gone to war with the black community? Are you suggesting that the black community on mass were responsible for the rioting and looting that the US has witnessed over the last few months?

What's with labelling protesters 'rioters and looters'? A small minority were but not all.

In the same way, it's not commonplace to label Trump supporters racists, however it's quite a correlation to say that all racists are Trump supporters

Ya you see, I don't believe the polls.

I don't believe this one either...which puts it much higher

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/andrew-davenport/rasmussen-trump-approval-rating-36-among-black-voters

We won't know what it is until November but it ain't 8%...that I am sure of.

So in HK there were between 330k to 2 million protesters.

The CIA's entire headcount is 21,575 employees.

Do you have evidence that the millions of protesters this summer are all funded by the DNC? You're discussing what must surely be billions of dollars. Do you have receipts?

My point was that both are pure bollocks. Trump and Republicans will "support" Hong Kong protestors, and then say the same things about BLM protests that the CCP do about HK.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/andrew-davenport/rasmussen-trump-approval-rating-36-among-black-voters

2 different polls for 2 different topics: yours is for approval of the job Trump is doing as President, the one I linked to is an Ipsos poll that asked voters who they supported for the election.

My point was that both are pure bollocks.

Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He set up special investment zones and offered tax relief for investors allowing black people the opportunity of owning their own business in their own part of town....

23% of all African American men, women and children live below the poverty level in the US. What did he do for them? Because they don't have the money for basic food never mind to take advantage of tax relief or special investment zones.

I asked earlier; do you know many Black Americans?

You linked an approval rating, not a poll.

Or just the extreme minority of the black community?

Is attempting to control those riots considered war?

AS i have previously said, the black community will get to express their opinion on Trump come November!

I'm suggesting that they were primarily protests that tended to be inflamed when the president sent in troops that weren't asked for. He's entirely ignored the issue of how black communities are treated by the police. He's basically used the protests to show he's pro authoritarian more than anything else.

The opportunity zones benefits are greatly exaggerated. So nope, he cannot currently claim credit for countless jobs created via them.
    It added, “Although OZs were designed to spur job creation, the vast majority of OZ capital appears to be flowing into real estate, not into operating businesses.” That’s contrary to Trump’s claim that the program has created “countless jobs.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/trumps-unsupported-claim-about-opportunity-zone-investments/

That was Senator Tim Scott's policy, not Trump's. It had led to increased gentrification. Have any others?

Can I ask you a question, do you blame Clinton for the controversial crime bill that decimated communities of colour and accelerated mass incarceration or do you blame Joe Biden, the man who drafted it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crime_Control_and_Law_Enforcement_Act

Nonsense.
    I only brought up Hong Kong because the hypocrisy of Trump and the Republicans is clear when you compare the HK protests and BLM protests. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up HK as it's seemed to confuse things......but it's not nonsense. The idea that the CIA are funding the HK protests is bollocks, as is the idea that the DNC are funding BLM protests.

I asked earlier; do you know many Black Americans?

You linked an approval rating, not a poll.

It is a ridiculously stupid question that is why I didn't answer it....even if I did know a black american how many would I need to know to be able to express an opinion 100?1000?...I have expressed an opinion, a belief, I may well be wrong, but I don't believe that black communities in certain major cities in the US are happy with where their policing policies are going...

23% of all African American men, women and children live below the poverty level in the US. What did he do for them? Because they don't have the money for basic food never mind to take advantage of tax relief or special investment zones.

The black community were at historic low unemployment levels before the pandemic....that is a start surely....and it is a sad indictment on the previous administration that is remains so low.

It is a ridiculously stupid question that is why I didn't answer it....even if I did know a black american how many would I need to know to be able to express an opinion 100?1000?...I have expressed an opinion, a belief, I may well be wrong, but I don't believe that black communities in certain major cities in the US are happy with where their policing policies are going...
    So you're basing your assertion that Black communities will support Trump, on nothing other than you support Trump yourself.

It's nonsense.

Can I ask you a question,

• Advertisement

It's not exactly an opinion founded in reality. A huge proportion of black Americans are subject to poor treatment by the police so the last few months and how Trump responded to it are not likely to make them pro Trump. There's also no proof that he's responsible for substantial job increases for black Americans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement