Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Protestors in Hong Kong are CIA plants, of course the "silent majority" supports China and the CCP.

BLM are astro-turfed protestors funded by the DNC, of course the silent majority of Black voters support Trump.

Different sides of the same coin; deluded claptrap.
    The similarities between Trump and his supporters, and Xi and his are quite telling alright.

It's the same with many of the 'Christian freedom militia' and Islamic terrorists, and with parts of the 'religious right' (including actual elected Republicans) who explicitly want to start a holy war to enforce "Biblical Law" at the threat of killing every single American male who does not fall in line. That's f*cking outright ISIS stuff, and yet the usual crowd on here couldn't care less because they see Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez as a bigger threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It is a ridiculously stupid question that is why I didn't answer it....even if I did know a black american how many would I need to know to be able to express an opinion 100?1000?...I have expressed an opinion, a belief, I may well be wrong, but I don't believe that black communities in certain major cities in the US are happy with where their policing policies are going...

So what do you think they're protesting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

So you're basing your assertion that Black communities will support Trump, on nothing other than you support Trump yourself.

It's nonsense.

Jesus christ, do you know what an opinion is?

It is my opinion that his support in the black community will rise above 8%

It's ok to disagree with me....f##king hell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,681 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The black community were at historic low unemployment levels before the pandemic....that is a start surely....and it is a sad indictment on the previous administration that is remains so low.

How is it an indictment on the previous administration?

Can you point to any policy that had a measurable net change on unemployment? The unemployment graphs don’t show any supposed inflection point in the Trump administration that would signify any changes imposed by any sort of policy shift:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

Jesus christ, do you know what an opinion is?

It is my opinion that his support in the black community will rise above 8%

It's ok to disagree with me....f##king hell!!!

And they’re not allowed to call out their opinion that your opinion baseless nonsense in turn? Hello!

• Advertisement

The black community were at historic low unemployment levels before the pandemic....that is a start surely....and it is a sad indictment on the previous administration that is remains so low.

It was on a downward curve since 2011. And that downward curve was as a direct result of the previous administration. You haven't provided any economic policy that is currently responsible for increased job numbers. The one you've cited resulted in gentrification which isn't actually of much benefit for black communities, often negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I feel like we’re going around in circles here.

Now it’s not anymore.
    Obama started the recovery, trump continued it and now there are millions unemployed.

How will he get those jobs back?

I feel like we’re going around in circles here.

Now it’s not anymore.
    Obama started the recovery, trump continued it and now there are millions unemployed.

How will he get those jobs back?

I agree, we are going round in circles here....

I'd imagine a good start will be shipping outsourced manufacturing jobs in the health/medicine/pharma back from China and others including ourselves but what do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,773 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd imagine a good start will be shipping outsourced manufacturing jobs in the health/medicine/pharma back from China and others including ourselves but what do I know.

Isn't that what Trump said he was going to do prior to 2016?
    Why hasn't it happened?

Last year, Trump got involved when Ford were going to open a new manufacturing plant in Mexico. They changed their plans.... and opened it in China.

Isn't that what Trump said he was going to do prior to 2016?
    Why hasn't it happened?

Last year, Trump got involved when Ford were going to open a new manufacturing plant in Mexico. They changed their plans.... and opened it in China.

Yip Tell me how...it would seem ye are all correct...Trump hasn't done a single positive thing since being elected President!!!!

I apologise to all for suggesting anything different!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Yip Tell me how...it would seem ye are all correct...Trump hasn't done a single positive thing since being elected President!!!!

No need to apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Any word on debate scheduled, or are those not till closer to November?

All the terrible things he’s done overshadow any positives.

All the terrible things he’s done overshadow any positives.

But you couldn't even name a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Will you/would you vote for Trump instead of Biden?

So you agree with my point, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Snotty wrote: »
    Any word on debate scheduled, or are those not till closer to November?

President Trump has asked for an extra debate and/or a debate in September. The Biden campeign has so far not taken him up on the offer, possibly due to fear

President Trump has asked for an extra debate and/or a debate in September. The Biden campeign has so far not taken him up on the offer, possibly due to fear

Fear :D Thanks for the Daily propaganda

Will you/would you vote for Trump instead of Biden?

I'm not American.

And I am not being condescending saying that...I've never felt so ill informed in my entire life due to hysterical nature of the media industry. (on a variety of issues not just Trump)

So it really is difficult to say, on account of the ludicrous media coverage this administration has received.

I can understand why Americans would vote for him, and I can understand why he is disliked...he is a novice, crass at times, he is too often his own worse enemy but I also have to admire his energy and sense of humour at the same time.

I think his policies are more impressive than his behaviour but you could argue that isn't too difficult...and when push comes to shove it would be policies that would dictate my vote....I attribute the booming economy to Trump, many don't.

I've done a 180 on Trump since he got elected, and I don't know if I'm right to do so..

I do know he is no where near racist, he is not a fascist, or authoritarian, he is just anti establishment, as in, he is not a product of the American Political system, he has been up against a very hostile Permanent Government that exists in every country and a very hostile media pack...he has used inflammatory rhetoric at times which we haven't seen before, which is too often unnecessary, he is not the type of guy you'd like to lose to...

All in all, I think he will come in around average in terms of performance which for a novice isn't bad at all.

The Democratic Party however has succumb to the identity politics that has destroyed two Political Parties in the UK and I believe the same fate is destined for them in the US....I don't think people realise how deep the rot of this culture goes and it's impact on the Political machine...which is why you get a very poor ticket in Biden/Harris both of whom have very little enthusiasm within the party membership itself, I get the sense that Sanders was their best route to the Presidency who let's not forget isn't a member of that party, but again, what do I know!!!

I'd be concerned if I was living in America, I don't know how much more instability it can take...so a clear mandate needs to be received whoever gets it...interesting times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why should the Biden camp give Trump anything?

Trump wants another debate, he wants to dictate the venue and who the adjudicator is, again why should the Biden camp give him what he wants? Do you think Trump would agree to those terms if the Biden camp asked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Why should the Biden camp give Trump anything?

Trump wants another debate, he wants to dictate the venue and who the adjudicator is, again why should the Biden camp give him what he wants? Do you think Trump would agree to those terms if the Biden camp asked?

Biden would be foolish to take that offer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,608 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Danzy wrote: »
    Biden would be foolish to take that offer up.

The Trump camp asked for it knowing it would be rejected but now they use the "running scared" mantra. The fact is neither camp gets to decide anything about the debates, its just #IMPOTUS team playing games in a sad attempt to try and claw back a few votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm not American.

And I am not being condescending saying that...I've never felt so ill informed in my entire life due to hysterical nature of the media industry. (on a variety of issues not just Trump)

So it really is difficult to say, on account of the ludicrous media coverage this administration has received.

I can understand why Americans would vote for him, and I can understand why he is disliked...he is a novice, crass at times, he is too often his own worse enemy but I also have to admire his energy and sense of humour at the same time.

I think his policies are more impressive than his behaviour but you could argue that isn't too difficult...and when push comes to shove it would be policies that would dictate my vote....I attribute the booming economy to Trump, many don't.

I've done a 180 on Trump since he got elected, and I don't know if I'm right to do so..

I do know he is no where near racist, he is not a fascist, or authoritarian, he is just anti establishment, as in, he is not a product of the American Political system, he has been up against a very hostile Permanent Government that exists in every country and a very hostile media pack...he has used inflammatory rhetoric at times which we haven't seen before, which is too often unnecessary, he is not the type of guy you'd like to lose to...

All in all, I think he will come in around average in terms of performance which for a novice isn't bad at all.

The Democratic Party however has succumb to the identity politics that has destroyed two Political Parties in the UK and I believe the same fate is destined for them in the US....I don't think people realise how deep the rot of this culture goes and it's impact on the Political machine...which is why you get a very poor ticket in Biden/Harris both of whom have very little enthusiasm within the party membership itself, I get the sense that Sanders was their best route to the Presidency who let's not forget isn't a member of that party, but again, what do I know!!!

I'd be concerned if I was living in America, I don't know how much more instability it can take...so a clear mandate needs to be received whoever gets it...interesting times!!!

I don't agree with quite a bit of what you say but that's a very honest post. I agree that, despite his egotistical persona, he does give voice to much of what a sizeable cohort actually believes in, even if they are reluctant to articulate those beliefs. You make a good point about the Democrats and Labour but I think Trump's obnoxious personality will overshadow any splits in the Democrats and (hopefully) cause people to vote anyone but Trump. I'm with you on not living in America. It's become irreparably divided, something that got Trump elected and something he has fostered since. Unfortunately, I think it will become a dangerous place in the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Wasn't it the (nonpartisan) committee on presidential debates that rejected Trumps idea?

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-request-debate-biden-rejected-5170307-Aug2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Trump camp asked for it knowing it would be rejected but now they use the "running scared" mantra. The fact is neither camp gets to decide anything about the debates, its just #IMPOTUS team playing games in a sad attempt to try and claw back a few votes.

As if any other would play it differently?

The “ask” was by Trump via Giuliani to the Commission for Presidential Debates, not Biden - and the CPD said no.

I don't agree with quite a bit of what you say but that's a very honest post. I agree that, despite his egotistical persona, he does give voice to much of what a sizeable cohort actually believes in, even if they are reluctant to articulate those beliefs. You make a good point about the Democrats and Labour but I think Trump's obnoxious personality will overshadow any splits in the Democrats and (hopefully) cause people to vote anyone but Trump. I'm with you on not living in America. It's become irreparably divided, something that got Trump elected and something he has fostered since. Unfortunately, I think it will become a dangerous place in the next couple of years.

It's not easy to like Trump, I will say, I never admired that guy I often can't believe he is President and that I have come to admire him somewhat.

We were led to believe that Obama was some kind of demi god like President when in actual fact he was just more of the same...I mean he received a Nobel Peace Prize in his first year in office.

It says a lot about his Presidency when the two leading contenders for the respective party nominations were Trump and Sanders (in 2016) both very anti establishment....and this is party members deciding this...it reveals how far leadership of both parties have ventured from their base...

If Sanders had received the nomination in 2016 as he should have, hands down, if I were American I'd have voted for him...again, I can't say I would have been right.

I also believe that the articulate liberal class do not understand what is happening and often resort to a kind of condescending attitude to those who they can't understand (in general I mean)...but what is happening is the people the leadership of major political parties are supposed to be representing have sent a very clear message...calling them deplorables is typical of that articulate liberal class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wasn't it the (nonpartisan) committee on presidential debates that rejected Trumps idea?

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-request-debate-biden-rejected-5170307-Aug2020/

No, it was Biden himself that chickened out:

"The Biden campaign said in a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates that it would accept the planned debate schedule for September and October, and it registered opposition to the Trump campaign’s push for an additional presidential debate"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-rejects-trumps-push-for-more-debates-11592860503

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Silentcorner; Well I did support Sanders in a state primary, and I'll now support Biden. To say that you'd have supported Sanders, but now support Trump, implies no logical consistency to policy positions which you believe in.

Who's Sanders saying to support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kamala Harris was saying only a few weeks ago the claims against Sleepy Joe were credible and now she has no problem running as his VP, haven't seen her challenged on why she changed her mind about him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement