Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Well I did support Sanders in a state primary, and I'll now support Biden. To say that you'd have supported Sanders, but now support Trump, implies no logical consistency to policy positions which you believe in.

Who's Sanders saying to support?

I now consider Trump to be a moderate Republican, based on his actions since taking office, and I have no issue with a moderate Republican....I'd have voted for Saunders in 2016 driven by my disdain for Trump at the time and my belief that Saunders by Irish standards would be moderate by any measure.

And it is possible to be flexible in what I believe in, growing up has taught me that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Kamala Harris was saying only a few weeks ago the claims against Sleepy Joe were credible and now she has no problem running as his VP, haven't seen her challenged on why she changed her mind about him.
    Because you're chatting nonsense.

Give us some links to back up what you're saying there sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, it was Biden himself that chickened out:

"The Biden campaign said in a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates that it would accept the planned debate schedule for September and October, and it [b[registered opposition to the Trump campaign’s push for an additional presidential debate"[/b]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-rejects-trumps-push-for-more-debates-11592860503

No one "chickened out" it was because they wanted to control the debate
    The Trump campaign also included in its request a list of suggested moderators for the debates. The commission said it would stick to its longstanding process of selecting moderators. 

"It will do so with great care, as always, to ensure that the selected moderators are qualified and fair," the letter said.
    The campaign also suggested two dozen potential debate moderators, including Fox News’ Bret Baier, Shannon Bream, Harris Faulkner and Bill Hemmer, as well as David Muir of ABC News and Norah O’Donnell of CBS News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kamala Harris was saying only a few weeks ago the claims against Sleepy Joe were credible and now she has no problem running as his VP, haven't seen her challenged on why she changed her mind about him.
    A few weeks ago? You have a link to that? Thanks.

The only thing I can find is from April 2019....

I now consider Trump to be a moderate Republican, based on his actions since taking office, and I have no issue with a moderate Republican....I'd have voted for Saunders in 2016 driven by my disdain for Trump at the time and my belief that Saunders by Irish standards would be moderate by any measure.

And it is possible to be flexible in what I believe in, growing up has taught me that!!!!
    What do you think Biden is, on the political spectrum?

• Advertisement

What do you think Biden is, on the political spectrum?

I don't think Biden himself knows what he is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No one "chickened out" it was because they wanted to control the debate

I'm surprised they didnt suggest somebody from OANN.

What does this mean?

Another "feeling" that will be impossible to challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Because you're chatting nonsense.

Give us some links to back up what you're saying there sure.

No I'm not talking talking nonsense she did say it, educate yourself before having a go at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

and yet he has published a whole host of policy docs. and King Chairman Trump..... I can't even type with the laughter, something about staying more in washington

• Advertisement

No I'm not talking talking nonsense she did say it, educate yourself before having a go at me.

well then put up a source that confirms it.

She said it a few weeks ago according to you? So give us a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,773 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I also believe that the articulate liberal class do not understand what is happening and often resort to a kind of condescending attitude to those who they can't understand (in general I mean)...but what is happening is the people the leadership of major political parties are supposed to be representing have sent a very clear message...calling them deplorables is typical of that articulate liberal class!!!

What is this very clear message?

Hillary won the popular vote by 3M in 2016, so, at that point, the majority of the people in the US did not want Trump as President.

Now, he is, and deservedly so as he won the electoral college system which determines who ends up in the White House but this vague rhetoric about 'the people' and silent majority has no basis in evidence?

I have no problem in saying that I find some of the advocates of Trumps ideas to be deplorable because for the most part it is rooted in a desire for their lifestyles to be protected irrespective of who else has too suffer as a consequence of that. Hence the angle he took with telling suburbanites that he would protect their neighbourhoods recently. That was a message coming from the President of the United States. One who supposedly has the support of many who would live in lower class neighbourhoods and yet we have people here telling us that he is their guy.

As for the support for Sanders at this point, I take it with a pinch of salt. Sanders is all for the BLM movement and the Green New Deal. Lets see people supporting those ideals on threads dedicated to them and I'll start to believe they would support Sanders if he was still in the mix.

I'm not having a go, what you said was complete nonsense. The fact that you won't back up what you've said, demonstrates that.

gmisk wrote: »

Well thats when I heard it on the news, fair enough it was last year but she did say it and now has changed her mind.

What is this very clear message?

Hillary won the popular vote by 3M in 2016, so, at that point, the majority of the people in the US did not want Trump as President.

Now, he is, and deservedly so as he won the electoral college system which determines who ends up in the White House but this vague rhetoric about 'the people' and silent majority has no basis in evidence?

I have no problem in saying that I find some of the advocates of Trumps ideas to be deplorable because for the most part it is rooted in a desire for their lifestyles to be protected irrespective of who else has too suffer as a consequence of that. Hence the angle he took with telling suburbanites that he would protect their neighbourhoods recently. That was a message coming from the President of the United States. One who supposedly has the support of many who would live in lower class neighbourhoods and yet we have people here telling us that he is their guy.

As for the support for Sanders at this point, I take it with a pinch of salt. Sanders is all for the BLM movement and the Green New Deal. Lets see people supporting those ideals on threads dedicated to them and I'll start to believe they would support Sanders if he was still in the mix.

if it was Sanders on the ticket they would be decrying him as a commie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You made a claim, the onus is on you to provide evidence for the claim when asked

Any comments she made about him were at the time when she was on the ticket for the Presidential nominee, which was months ago, and so it pretty much is a free for all at that point. Obama did the same about Hillary on 2008 and then made her secretary for state.

But seeing as it bothers you, do you want to go through the before and after comments from Trump about Cohen, Bolton, Bannon, Tillerson (and them about him) and examine those in the context of his 'I hire the best people' claim.

What does this mean?

Another "feeling" that will be impossible to challenge?

Calm down....

I think Biden should be enjoying his time with the grandkids and not running for the highest office in the country, he is clearly deteriorating and if the pandemic were not allowing him a handy excuse, it would be cruel to subject that man to a Presidential election, that is what I mean....now that is my opinion, which you asked for....if you don't like it go f##k yourself!

You made a claim, the onus is on you to provide evidence for the claim when asked

I was watching Sky news when it was mentioned, I doubt Sky are just making it up

• Advertisement

what did she actually say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It was over a year ago but your correct. https://finance.yahoo.com/video/sen-kamala-harris-says-believe-181901449.html

I was watching Sky news when it was mentioned, I doubt Sky are just making it up

This is up there with Trumps 'Many people say' style of flat out lying.

Calm down....

I think Biden should be enjoying his time with the grandkids and not running for the highest office in the country, he is clearly deteriorating and if the pandemic were not allowing him a handy excuse, it would be cruel to subject that man to a Presidential election, that is what I mean....now that is my opinion, which you asked for....if you don't like it go f##k yourself!
    Quite impressive telling me to calm down, AND to go f##k myself in the same post

Any comments she made about him were at the time when she was on the ticket for the Presidential nominee, which was months ago, and so it pretty much is a free for all at that point. Obama did the same about Hillary on 2008 and then made her secretary for state.

But seeing as it bothers you, do you want to go through the before and after comments from Trump about Cohen, Bolton, Bannon, Tillerson (and them about him) and examine those in the context of his 'I hire the best people' claim.

No but people here are suggesting i just made it up, I admitted I was wrong in the time period in my previous post but she did say it.

what did she actually say?
    Snopes have a decent summary of it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-believe-biden-accusers/

He did also apologise.

It was April 2019 when she said it.

What's True
    On April 2, 2019, Harris said "I believe them," in reference to four women who had by then accused Biden of inappropriate touching.

What's False
    Harris has not said that she believes all of Biden's accusers, in particular Tara Reade, who, almost one year after Harris' remarks, accused Biden of raping her. When questioned about Reade's allegations, Harris did not say that she believed them.

Quite impressive telling me to calm down, AND to go f##k myself in the same post

Well, don't be condescending I will extend the same courtesy...

Snopes have a decent summary of it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-believe-biden-accusers/

He did also apologise.

It was April 2019 when she said it.

What's True
    On April 2, 2019, Harris said "I believe them," in reference to four women who had by then accused Biden of inappropriate touching.

What's False
    Harris has not said that she believes all of Biden's accusers, in particular Tara Reade, who, almost one year after Harris' remarks, accused Biden of raping her. When questioned about Reade's allegations, Harris did not say that she believed them.

this is a link to the video that somebody shared. she says "I believe him" not "I believe them".is there a different video?

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/sen-kamala-harris-says-believe-181901449.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYm9hcmRzLmllL3ZidWxsZXRpbi9zaG93dGhyZWFkLnBocD90PTIwNTgwOTk2NTEmcGFnZT01MA&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAN2PFOb46SfcVKVLbBcl-FTXf_H5goBofvTISToCxuehyxv-Dx4PYDxeK8Jcd0KurBxuBxDXkpKJK9lvrMM7_J3UXGLpnmQKtQizxfO2_B_Y1TQvKEUp5d7pta4jcC03GC4Ttt1dvFpcCESJ5A8KUHvglqckVTrNn23ZvmszqsVb&_guc_consent_skip=1597522793

It says I believe him in subtitles but I am pretty sure it's them she says.

It's a real mountain out of a molehill imo, it was also a fair while ago and he apologised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Calm down....

Just to quote you earlier.

“I never said you were...I'm just asking you a question, feel free to throw a cleverly disguised insult at me for asking you that question or just ignore me, whatever it's just an online forum, and it is just a question.“

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement