Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,486 ✭✭✭weisses

It is what it is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/trump-scarborough-klausutis.html

A few examples from the great leader ....

It is what it is indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Danzy wrote: »
    These people have the same fanaticism and poison of the worst Christian Brothers.

You're talking about Trump supporters right? Good description of them alright.

Disgusting posts. A mans dear brother has died.

Polish-20200816-114502955.jpg

He was playing golf while his "dear" brother lay dying. Doesn't look too upset here does he? Maybe if he had shown some empathy towards the thousands of dead Americans, people might have some empathy for him now. But nobody gives a shiit apart from his dumb brainwashed base.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We're supposed to empathise with someone who just shrugs as a quarter of a million Americans are set to die from Covid. Couldn't make it up.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

weisses wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/politics/trump-scarborough-klausutis.html

A few examples from the great leader ....

It is what it is indeed

It constantly amazes me that people defend this guy. Comparing people to christian brothers etc. Why not apply those same standards to Trump? What about all the genuinely scummy things he has said and done? The so called christian's who row in behind him never cease to amaze and disgust me with their hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

He also looks about 100 years old in that photo. Probably because his make up and fake tan has dripped off his face and onto his shirt. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You're talking about Trump supporters right? Good description of them alright.

Some of them, certainly.

Many of his opponents are deeply disturbed though.

There was incredible sanctimony and righteousness in the 90s in America from Evangelicals.

That has been superceded by a religious type of sanctimony and righteousness in much of the left or self declared progressives.

I don't like absolutist, religious thinking, whether it is from Evangelical types or the modern left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

As it gets closer to the election, the rhetoric and blind defense of the "leader" coming from Trumpists will only increase. There's no point trying to show them the awfulness of Trump as they already know and don't care or the have blinded themselves to it. The accelerated decline of the US which impacts us all, is fascinating and troubling to watch. Another 4 years of Trump would be madness but chaos is always an element of the decline of empires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You wouldn't see Trump supporters salivating at the death of one of Biden's family members. It really shows the difference between the sides. Its not classy at all.

You wouldn't see Trump supporters salivating at the death of one of Biden's family members. It really shows the difference between the sides. Its not classy at all.

It is Trump himself who is disrespectful to grieving families ... You should take issue with that ....

3980l3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We're supposed to empathise with someone who just shrugs as a quarter of a million Americans are set to die from Covid. Couldn't make it up.

They've the same death rate as us, yet Leo and Harris are portrayed as national heroes for their handling of the crisis. Couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

John McCain anyone?

They've the same death rate as us, yet Leo and Harris are portrayed as national heroes for their handling of the crisis. Couldn't make it up.

And then you managed to do just exactly that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's apathy based on previous form not salivation, big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

It wasn't a press conference. They were signing nomination papers so basically amounted to a photo op. You get very excitable...

I doubt think Biden knew it was a "photo op", or what he was signing tbh.

Amazing how Trump lives rent free in the minds of so many Irish.

It's a thread about Trump, what do you expect?

Pathetic

No they don't.... The US is at 521 deaths per million and Ireland is 359. Are numbers are pretty much at a standstill too. Also not a fan of Varadkar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Polish-20200816-114502955.jpg

He was playing golf while his "dear" brother lay dying. Doesn't look too upset here does he? Maybe if he had shown some empathy towards the thousands of dead Americans, people might have some empathy for him now. But nobody gives a shiit apart from his dumb brainwashed base.
    The stain on his shirt...he looks a total mess tbh

I am no fan of him at all btw but better things to go after him than this.

They've the same death rate as us.

More lies. When you're corrected on this, I expect you'll slink off or just ignore the responses and post some equally incorrect rubbish. The usual.

• Advertisement

Who exactly is salivating at anyone's death here? No one is celebrating his brothers death, but it's also hard to feel sorry for such a callous man like Trump. Who himself has no problem mocking the dead or their families. This is the man you guys are on here defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Well apparently you can make it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Errrrr....awkward

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/07/republican-spokesman-mocks-photo-of-biden-holding-son.html

Not just a Trump supporter a republican spokesman...classy.

The difference between the sides comment is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I wouldn't expect any less from his pathetic, virtue signalling death cult followers. If there is one thing they truly hate, it is people treating him hwo he treats others.

Honestly though, I don't really care. Do u?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Who has "salivated" over the death of his brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

That statement still has me smiling considering it's coming from the losers circle. You've literally looked in the mirror and decided that's how winners feel, hilarious.
    4yrs playing the victim has certainly taken its toll on people.

As for the other poster above who thinks it's cool to be nasty as orange man was once beggers believe. If you can't beat them join them:rolleyes:

LOL That's certainly triggered you hasn't it? Your response has got very little to do with what i said yet I got you typing mad. Brilliant. Too easy

What part of the States are you in/from btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

82803aa3e23fb042.jpg

Looking forward to CNN's response when 4 more years is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Interesting observation, hopefully both sides of the debate will see the funny side. "Kamala" in Finnish means horrible, terrible, awful, ghastly, dreadful, abysmal, shocking, terrific, appalling, chronic, grim, atrocious, infernal, ghastly

fhT48Ev.jpg

Hilarious. My sides nearly split.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Did Leo advocate injecting bleach as a remedy?

Any amount of deaths will look disproportionate in small country like Ireland so pull the other one.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement