Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You wouldn't see Trump supporters salivating at the death of one of Biden's family members. It really shows the difference between the sides. Its not classy at all.

Is this some sort of bad windup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭francois

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Is this some sort of bad windup?

If Trump said it was raining soup his fanbois would be outside with forks (with apologies to Brendan Behan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,076 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looking forward to CNN's response when 4 more years is announced.

It's telling when Trump supporters can't really outline any great benefits to a 2020 Trump victory other than their own schadenfreude at watching CNN's coverage of it or viral videos of chronic Tumbler users having public meltdowns.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that watching videos Tumblerinas engaging in histrionics is pretty funny, but I don't believe a Trump victory to be worth it for that sight alone, unless you're coming from a fairly nihilistic viewpoint, or a juvenile one. Meanwhile, there have been many, many people hurt by his willfull inability to lead, and the legacy of his first 4 years is inheriting a good economy and turning it into a recession, and he must take responsibility for that, being the leader of U.S. He, himself, would have demanded this had it happened under Obama's watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its the Sun I know but I can verify its true...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12417106/twitter-trolls-donald-trump-brothers-death-wrong-trump-died/

HEARTLESS Twitter users trolled Donald Trump just minutes after the death of his beloved younger brother saying the “wrong Trump” died.

Almost immediately after, tweets calling for the president’s death were posted using the hashtag #wrongtrump, which quickly became the number four trending topic on the website.

Some people are just absolute dirtbags.

Jo Biden showed complete class however, fair play to him:

"Mr. President, Jill and I are sad to learn of your younger brother Robert’s passing. I know the tremendous pain of losing a loved one — and I know how important family is in moments like these. I hope you know that our prayers are with you all."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,771 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12417106/twitter-trolls-donald-trump-brothers-death-wrong-trump-died/

HEARTLESS Twitter users trolled Donald Trump just minutes after the death of his beloved younger brother saying the “wrong Trump” died.

Almost immediately after, tweets calling for the president’s death were posted using the hashtag #wrongtrump, which quickly became the number four trending topic on the website.

"Mr. President, Jill and I are sad to learn of your younger brother Robert’s passing. I know the tremendous pain of losing a loved one — and I know how important family is in moments like these. I hope you know that our prayers are with you all."

That's the type of dignity that is needed in the White House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's true and trending, don't know what most ordinary decent people would make of it, disgusting carry on could cost them. Biden was respectful, his base however.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If only Trump could be as nice

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1104711
    Rep. Debbie Dingell called President Donald Trump's suggestion that her late lawmaker husband John Dingell was "looking up" from hell hurtful on Thursday as a bipartisan group of lawmakers demanded the president apologize for the macabre crack.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/26/lori-klausutis-husband-asks-twitter-delete-trump-joe-scarborough-smears-death
    “the opening of a Cold Case against Psycho Joe Scarborough”. Previously, he tweeted: “Did he get away with murder? Some people think so.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/us/politics/trump-john-mccain.amp.html
    He said he gave Mr. McCain “the funeral he wanted, and I didn’t get ‘thank you,’” exaggerating the role he played in honoring the senator’s death four days before his 82nd birthday.

He blamed him for “a war in the Middle East that McCain pushed so hard.” He said that “McCain didn’t get the job done for our great vets” and the Department of Veterans Affairs. And he was blunt in saying that his animosity toward Mr. McCain was not going to change.

“I have to be honest: I’ve never liked him much,”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/26/did-trump-just-joke-about-john-mccains-death/%3foutputType=amp
    President Trump alluded Wednesday to his former Senate Republican critics having gone on to “greener pastures — or perhaps far less green pastures.” And given his history with the late senator John McCain, it wasn’t difficult to conclude that he was referring to something wholly inappropriate.

But was he?

First, here’s Trump’s full quote, from an appearance at the Faith and Freedom Coalition: “We needed 60 votes, and we had 51 votes. And sometimes, you know, we had a little hard time with a couple of them, right? Fortunately, they’re gone now. They’ve gone on to greener pastures — or perhaps far less green pastures. But they’re gone. They’re gone, Bill. I’m very happy they’re gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It's true and trending, don't know what most ordinary decent people would make of it, disgusting carry on could cost them. Biden was respectful, his base however.

Well sure look, at least that's one half of the effort that showed class. Trump and his base, on the other hand, have never shown anything of the sort. In any capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,076 ✭✭✭✭briany

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Well sure look, at least that's one half of the effort that showed class. Trump and his base, on the other hand, have never shown anything of the sort. In any capacity.

Yes, I couldn't imagine Trump himself being respectful if Hillary suddenly passed away, never mind his base who would probably claim that she had taken her place in Hell among the demons who torture mortals' souls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

82803aa3e23fb042.jpg

i'm not sure why anybody would be crying on the 3rd given the result wont be known until the 4th. trump supporters can't even get basic facts right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

i'm not sure why anybody would be crying on the 3rd given the result wont be known until the 4th. trump supporters can't even get basic facts right.
    It's an alternative fact?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It's funny watching Donnie's disciples trying to claim the moral high ground on stuff like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d imagine after pretty much anyone well known dies some dicks on the internet do this kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

My point was that both are pure bollocks. Trump and Republicans will "support" Hong Kong protestors, and then say the same things about BLM protests that the CCP do about HK.

You would be surprised how many in the democrat party are silent on HK or in support of CCP practices.

Both are in favour of censorship and a party line that all most toe for fear of ostrasization.

The protests in HK weren't as aimless as the BLM ones (no clear agenda or goals) and not as destructive in their early phases(Looting in the US and violence started immediately)

HK called for international support, they called for their laws NOT to be changed so they could be disappeared by the CCP, so their representatives weren't hand selected first by the CCP. A very worth cause with a very clear goal in sight.

Could you tell me what could be done that would make the BLM protestors happy? That they would all go home and resume normal life happy and content?

You've claimed members of the Dems are in support of CCP policies, care to back that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

salmocab wrote: »
    I’d imagine after pretty much anyone well known dies some dicks on the internet do this kind of stuff.

Of course. The hypocracy though when the same people have been lecturing us for months about morals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Billy Mays wrote: »
    It's funny watching Donnie's disciples trying to claim the moral high ground on stuff like this

Nobody loves a good auld virtue signal like a Trump supporter. In between bouts of trying to explain why those children that died in cages kind of had it coming, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Of course. The hypocracy though when the same people have been lecturing us for months about morals

"Yes, people are dying, it is what it is"

Nearly 200,000 people have died

Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters.....and Trump says "it is what it is".

So please tell me why his brother dying should get more sympathy than all of the others that died.

Yes, Trumps brother has died, he went and played golf while his brother was dying.

It is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Except of course that you have no idea if they are the same people of not. The fact that you say it anyway is why you need lectures on morals, which clearly are a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Have they though? Who are these people, I think your just making generalisations.

• Advertisement

That's the type of dignity that is needed in the White House.

It's just common decency. Which Trump lacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

salmocab wrote: »
    Have they though? Who are these people, I think your just making generalisations.

He thinks posters here have been "salivating" over the death when in fact, the overwhelming response has been apathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1294957462475255809?s=20

Can't wait for the debates , gonna be hilarious seeing this slavering senile old fool getting wound up by Trump.

Popcorn time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So if a few people on twitter are meant to now be representative of Biden supporters and boardsies who don't like Trump, are the KKK and white supremacists who support Trump meant to be representative of Trump fans here? Seems only fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1294957462475255809?s=20 ... gonna be hilarious seeing this slavering senile old fool...

Popcorn time!

"Person, woman, man, camera TV." Your guy was recently caught rotten saying he aced a basic cognitive health test when all he could recall was the above listed words, none of which featured in the test. Those in glass houses ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1294957462475255809?s=20

Can't wait for the debates , gonna be hilarious seeing this slavering senile old fool getting wound up by Trump.

Popcorn time!

without discussing trump or republican conspiracies or anything else, that seems like serious degeneration on bidens part, not speculating on whats causing it , likely just age itself but christ he's a shell of what he was in 08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/14/secretary-state-benson-6400-michigan-absentee-ballots-rejected-late-arrival/5584613002/
    More than 6,400 of Michigan's 10,600 absentee ballots rejected Aug. 4 were turned away because they arrived after Election Day, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson's office said Friday.

Another 2,225 ballots were discarded because there was no signature on the envelope; 1,111 were rejected because the voter moved; and 846 were not accepted because the voter was dead, according to data from Benson's office.

biko wrote: »

There's no indication that they were fraudulent.. Plus they easily eliminated them so the system is pretty effective at handling such scenarios, is that the point you're making?

Those individuals listed as dead or moved include voters who died or moved out of the jurisdiction after submitting their absentee ballots, Benson's spokeswoman Tracy Wimmer said. The state gets monthly updates from the Social Security Administration regarding new Michigan deaths so officials can identify ballots filed by people who have since died.

• Advertisement

There's no indication that they were fraudulent.. Plus they easily eliminated them so the system is pretty effective at handling such scenarios, is that the point you're making?

Michigan absentee ballots have to be in 4 days before Election Day, to a maximum of 7 days before Election Day, on average 7500 people a month die in Michigan. an average of 250 a day , so lets say 1750 people die in that 7 day period between ballots opening and Election Day , 50% of the dead would have had to be absentee balloters and actually mailed the ballot for all of them all to be legit, its highly unlikely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement