Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

Michigan absentee ballots have to be in 4 days before Election Day, to a maximum of 7 days before Election Day, on average 7500 people a month die in Michigan. an average of 250 a day , so lets say 1750 people die in that 7 day period between ballots opening and Election Day , 50% of the dead would have had to be absentee balloters and actually mailed the ballot for all of them all to be legit, its highly unlikely.

Well, let's look back at 2016... 1780 died between voting and election day. So it is in fact reasonable to assume that it is not fraud.

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/08/14/michigan-sos-primary-ballots-invalid-absentee-voting-election/5584465002/
    According to Benson's office, clerks received nearly 850 ballots from people who are dead. None of these ballots was actually counted, said Tracy Wimmer, a spokeswoman for the secretary of state.

Wimmer noted that in the November 2016 election, more than 1,780 people had absentee ballots invalidated because they died in between the day they tried to cast them and Election Day.

On top of that, the secretary of state for detroit has also said they encountered no fraud across 3 elections this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The KKK were founded by Democrats, the racist people who fought to keep slaves were democrats, Happy the Republicans won the American Civil war but I dont think the Democrats have changed their ways and the comments about black people from Biden shows this, they pay lips service only in order to get the minority votes but this is all. Kamala Harris is really bad also, Some think she will help get the Black vote because of the colour of her skin but that is not going to work, people know better than to fall for such a simple lure and she is disliked almost as much as Clinton was, and a third of Black voters polled said they would not vote for the democrats due to Harris's new position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Lots of liberals have issue with her for the following reasons;

"Far from the “progressive prosecutor” Harris has been masquerading as since angling for a 2020 run, her record bears no resemblance to figures who might actually fit that description, like Larry Krasner or Keith Ellison. Even in a party that embraced Biden- and Clinton-style tough-on-crime policies, Harris stands out for her cruelty: she fought to keep innocent people in jail, blocked payouts to the wrongfully convicted, argued for keeping non-violent offenders in jail as a source of cheap labor, withheld evidence that could have freed numerous prisoners, tried to dismiss a suit to end solitary confinement in California, and denied gender reassignment surgery to trans inmates. A recent report detailed how Harris risked being held in contempt of court for resisting a court order to release non-violent prisoners, which one law professor compared to Southern resistance to 1950s desegregation orders."

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/08/joe-biden-kamala-harris-vice-president-neoliberalism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I see we have another one happy to ignore (or completely clueless about) the entire southern strategy and switching of roles by both parties over the last 60 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

You've claimed members of the Dems are in support of CCP policies, care to back that up?
    Doubtful he will, since it's nonsense. Support for HK has broad, bipartisan support in the States.

• Advertisement

Chris_Heilong, what are you basing your view that Black people won't go for Harris and the Democrats on? You've linked to a Jacobin article....they're people you go to often for news, are they? No polling of the Black community will back you up here. But even anecdotally, do you know many Black Americans?

Also just a question on your post about the KKK, Civil War, etc......is it the Democrats who have fought to keep statues up for Nathan Bedford Forrest or Confederate generals? Is it Democrats who fly the Confederate flag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did Leo advocate injecting bleach as a remedy?

No, and neither did Trump. He asked questions and advocated nothing but you'll continue to claim he did anyway won't you.

But sure given you have misquoted Trump in your sig (deliberately leaving out the word 'what's') so you could quote him out of context suggesting he meant something which he clearly did not, I shouldn't really be surprised that you're again suggesting that he said something which he did not.

Just for the record: when Trump said "Just remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening" he was specifically referring to the false narratives which the mainstream liberal media were spewing on an almost daily basis, as they attempt (for political gain) to convince the public that things are a way in which they are not and so his comment was very much apt and indeed, (given what has transpired in the interim) quite prophetic and not remotely what you (and other liberals suggest) when you compare his comments to the 1984 quote which you all seem so fond of doing.

The way the liberal media covered George Floyd's death is a perfect example of what Trump was talking about, as of course have many other things since, including the MSM going so far as to suggest that Trump said George should be proud of job growth shortly after his death. You repeating their bleach injection lies is also going a long way to vindicating Trump's comments given he did nothing of the sort despite the media in unison all claiming he had.

If you're interested in comparisons between 1984 and what's happening in the world today though, then I suggest maybe you take closer look at how the mainstream media operate and how it eerily resembles what Orwell called the Ministry of Truth. One also only has to look at how the left are behaving today to see many similarities between them and the Thought Police / Thinkpol. As ever it would seem the left just like accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,771 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No, and neither did Trump. He asked questions and advocated nothing but you'll continue to claim he did anyway won't you.

But sure given you have misquoted Trump in your sig (deliberately leaving out the word 'what's') so you could quote him out of context suggesting he meant something which he clearly did not, I shouldn't really be surprised that you're again suggesting that he said something which he did not.

Just for the record: when Trump said "Just remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening" he was specifically referring to the false narratives which the mainstream liberal media were spewing on an almost daily basis, as they attempt (for political gain) to convince the public that things are a way in which they are not and so his comment was very much apt and indeed, (given what has transpired in the interim) quite prophetic and not remotely what you (and other liberals suggest) when you compare his comments to the 1984 quote which you all seem so fond of doing.

The way the liberal media covered George Floyd's death is a perfect example of what Trump was talking about, as of course have many other things since, including the MSM going so far as to suggest that Trump said George should be proud of job growth shortly after his death. You repeating their bleach injection lies is also going a long way to vindicating Trump's comments given he did nothing of the sort despite the media in unison all claiming he had.

If you're interested in comparisons between 1984 and what's happening in the world today though, then I suggest maybe you take closer look at how the mainstream media operate and how it eerily resembles what Orwell called the Ministry of Truth. One also only has to look at how the left are behaving today to see many similarities between them and the Thought Police / Thinkpol. As ever it would seem the left just like accusing others of what they themselves are guilty of.

He has demonstrably lied over 20,000 times. 20,000!

Your defense of him could have some merit if he wasn't so intent in speaking directly to people either via Twitter or at Press Conferences. There can be no ambiguity about what he has said, or that he said it.

Similar with your take on the GF incident and how it is a media publication from the Ministry of Truth. Again, we have all watched the videos (both bystanders and those worn by police) and have drawn our own conclusions.

As someone said, when discussing the repeated and frequent emergence of videos of such incidents in recent years, 'racially motivated and unaccepted behaviour by police forces hasn't just started. It's just now being recorded'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Lots of liberals have issue with her for the following reasons;

"Far from the “progressive prosecutor” Harris has been masquerading as since angling for a 2020 run, her record bears no resemblance to figures who might actually fit that description, like Larry Krasner or Keith Ellison. Even in a party that embraced Biden- and Clinton-style tough-on-crime policies, Harris stands out for her cruelty: she fought to keep innocent people in jail, blocked payouts to the wrongfully convicted, argued for keeping non-violent offenders in jail as a source of cheap labor, withheld evidence that could have freed numerous prisoners, tried to dismiss a suit to end solitary confinement in California, and denied gender reassignment surgery to trans inmates. A recent report detailed how Harris risked being held in contempt of court for resisting a court order to release non-violent prisoners, which one law professor compared to Southern resistance to 1950s desegregation orders."

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/08/joe-biden-kamala-harris-vice-president-neoliberalism

This one particularly stands out to me. Sickening.

Lets not forget, she also slept her way up the political ladder:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/kamala-harris-launched-political-career-with-120k-patronage-job-from-boyfriend-willie-brown

Kamala Harris’ first significant political role was an appointment by her powerful then-boyfriend Willie Brown, three decades her senior, to a California medical board...

Then 30, Harris was dating 60-year-old Willie Brown, at the time the Democratic speaker of the California State Assembly, when he placed her on the California Medical Assistance Commission...

Harris had no medical background, according to a copy of her resume that she submitted to Brown at the time...

Granlund said the appointment seemed brazen at the time because of the relationship between Harris and Brown. “Screwing the speaker has its rewards,” he said. “Stevie Wonder could have seen through that play.”

Brown recently acknowledged in an op-ed for the San Francisco Chronicle that he “may have influenced” Harris’s career...

Slept her way up the ladder? Have you evidence of that past a fairly brief relationship with Willie Brown?

How much do you actually know about San Francisco politics, or even Willie Brown?

• Advertisement

You'd be as well arguing that Trump only got where he is through pure nepotism. It would be more accurate, for sure.

This one particularly stands out to me. Sickening.

Lets not forget, she also slept her way up the political ladder:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/kamala-harris-launched-political-career-with-120k-patronage-job-from-boyfriend-willie-brown

Kamala Harris’ first significant political role was an appointment by her powerful then-boyfriend Willie Brown, three decades her senior, to a California medical board...

Then 30, Harris was dating 60-year-old Willie Brown, at the time the Democratic speaker of the California State Assembly, when he placed her on the California Medical Assistance Commission...

Harris had no medical background, according to a copy of her resume that she submitted to Brown at the time...

Granlund said the appointment seemed brazen at the time because of the relationship between Harris and Brown. “Screwing the speaker has its rewards,” he said. “Stevie Wonder could have seen through that play.”

Brown recently acknowledged in an op-ed for the San Francisco Chronicle that he “may have influenced” Harris’s career...

Hey, better than grabbing them by the p*ssy.

She's a double qualified graduate with Business and Economics degree and a Law degree and has served as a senator. She has earned the right to be in this race way more than Donald did 4 years ago.

Harris had no medical background? Trump had no political background, and it has shown every day for since he was elected.

Slept her way up the ladder? Have you evidence of that past a fairly brief relationship with Willie Brown?

It just looks that way to me (and many others). I could be wrong though.
    You'd be as well arguing that Trump only got where he is through pure nepotism. It would be more accurate, for sure.

Perhaps as it pertains to his business career. Politically, he was elected fair and square.

Perhaps as it pertains to his business career. Politically, he was elected fair and square.

Trump terminology.

Say a lie, suggest others say it and leave room so you can say you didn't actually state it.

Are you saying that Kamala Harris's elected positions weren't achieved "fair and square"?

Are you saying that Kamala Harris's elected positions weren't achieved "fair and square"?

No. It looks to me like her first big job was, without merit, given to her by her "boyfriend"

And that was my point about Trump; his first big job was given to him without merit, by his father.

And that was my point about Trump; his first big job was given to him without merit, by his father.

I doubt Trump slept with his father to get there then claimed to be an advocate of women's empowerment. Not really a typical couple are they? Not stating she slept with him for his connections just that to me it looks like she did.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2Ffe%2F6e%2Ff2424e9349ec8ea8f1948a767509%2Fimg-0299.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,620 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd say there's a better chance trump was the one that slept his way into the job, and he's still asleep at the wheel!

I doubt Trump slept with his father to get there then claimed to be an advocate of women's empowerment. Not really a typical couple are they? Not stating she slept with him for his connections just that to me it looks like she did.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2Ffe%2F6e%2Ff2424e9349ec8ea8f1948a767509%2Fimg-0299.jpg
    I mentioned nepotism for Trump; ie that he used his connections to get a position he didn't earn or merit otherwise.

Why aren't they a "typical couple", anyway?

• Advertisement

Being in a non secret relationship with a man isn't exactly sleeping her way to the top. It also didn't lead her to a highly successful political career. It's really reaching and lends a fair bit of credence to misogyny in the Trump camp which is consistent with Trump himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Are you you saying she slept her way to become a senator and Vice President nominee?
    Cause that’s where she is now.

Pathetic little troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No. It looks to me like her first big job was, without merit, given to her by her "boyfriend"

Same could be said of Trump and Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump fears strong successful women, hardly surprising his fanboys are trying to discredit her. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

To quote an earlier post
    they would want to have their facts straight if they want their opinions to be respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump fears strong successful women, hardly surprising his fanboys are trying to discredit her. Embarrassing.

Biden picked the right candidate.
    You can smell the fear and intimidation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It looks to me like you're grasping at straws. It looks pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wait, the people who thought 'grab them by the pussy' plus other misogynistic hits wasn't a deal-breaker are afraid of a strong successful woman, well colour me shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I totally agree with Kid position that people getting jobs for which they have no qualifications based 9n who they know is wrong.

I also think that it reflects poorly on those in a position to give said job as they are looking for personal benefit rather than what is best.

I also assume Kid is aghast at Trump hiring both Ivanka and Jared into the WH with no experience or political qualifications.

If Harris is to be condemned for taking advantage of a system, surely those that facilitate and promote that system are to be condemned even more.

• Advertisement

Did you just slutblame?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement