Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Ridiculously liberal views on here unfortunately. Thankfully the US has a high percentage of conservative voters that will power the president to 4 more years.

Remember you said this;
    I don't like Trump anymore than the majority of people here but surely the democrat's can find someone better than a guy suffering from early state dementia to oppose him

It's terribly sad to see.

in the politics forum? Now you're apparently thankful that Trump could win.

The mask slipped pretty quickly over in the politics forum. If you're as disingenuous as you are about something as basic as this, why should we take seriously anything you say at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

So obviously you are equally worried about Trump's incoherent response to a simple question like "What are your priorities for a second term"?
    EbZ53wQWkAExka2?format=png&name=small

Good response from the president. Funny how the liberals told us he'd start WW3 though isn't it :pac: They weren't happy when he binned Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Good response from the president. Funny how the liberals told us he'd start WW3 though isn't it :pac: They weren't happy when he binned Bolton

By what metric is that a "good response"? He was asked a fairly simple question regarding his plans/policies for the next 4 years, if he won.

And that was his answer.

Please explain why that is a "good response"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you think that is a good answer? decipher it for us then. what are trumps priorities for this second term based on that reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Good response from the president.

So from his answer, perhaps you can derive what's at stake and what his priorities are?

You said that it's a good response. If it is, it should at a minimum answer the question posed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This isn't about Trump for you is it?

It's the sheer disgust you feel at the thought of any 'Liberal' being happy at the outcome of the election.

You're not motivated by what impresses you or what you think is needed, you're motivated by your hatred for others. It's a common trait, amongst his fan base, you're not alone at least.

No ladies and gentlemen i actually believe Trump is a great president.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

How?

People suggest that Biden would go off on tangents , yet you describe this as a "good response" when it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the question he was responding to

The question he was asked was "What are your priorities for the next 4 years?"

Please explain how what he said in any way shape or form answers that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭irelandrover

That is a terrible response. From his answer you would never be able to guess the question that was asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Strange how so many of your posts focus on liberals so.

Can you give some examples of why you think Trump is a great President.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,934 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That is a terrible response. From his answer you would never be able to guess the question that was asked.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1292142528204951555?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1295363092449304576?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

12qhac.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Based on what metric? What Trump actually done himself in the last 3.5 years to fullfil his election promises? Or failing that what has he actually done to make him a great president?

For clarity, I think he's a failure as a human being, a businessman and a politician/president. Also trends which existed prior to him being elected are not his achievements, so it's literally what has he himself done in the last 3.5 years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Based on what metric? What Trump actually done himself in the last 3.5 years to fullfil his election promises? Or failing that what has he actually done to make him a great president?

For clarity, I think he's a failure as a human being, a businessman and a politician/president. Also trends which existed prior to him being elected are not his achievements, so it's literally what has he himself done in the last 3.5 years.

He makes them feel good. That's the only metric that matters to them. Not the economy, jobs, other people or even the lives of Americans. They get that special feeling of being validated and getting one over the libtards.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

He has continued to appoint conservative judges at a record pace.

He ordered the operation that killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

He delivered the biggest blow to Planned Parenthood in three decades.

His tariff threats forced Mexico to crack down on illegal immigration

His “maximum pressure” campaign is crippling Iran.

He stood with the people of Hong Kong.

He has got NATO allies to cough up more money for America's collective security.

He implemented tighter work requirements for food stamps.

Unemployment was at record lows before the China virus. Last year the number of job openings outnumbered the unemployed workers to fill them by the widest gap ever; wages where rising, and low-wage workers are experiencing the fastest pay increases. Fifty-seven percent of Americans said they where better off financially since Trump took office.

There is plenty of other positives Trump has brought to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭threeball

He makes them feel good. That's the only metric that matters to them. Not the economy, jobs, other people or even the lives of Americans. They get that special feeling of being validated and getting one over the libtards.

These fcukwits believe your a liberal if you don't keep slaves or that law enforcement should execute whomever they feel, or that separating a 3yr old child from their parent for the guts of a year and keeping them in a prison is wrong. Its quite a low bar to be labelled liberal but that's how shamelessly stupid you have to be, to be on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

can you translate that into a coherent answer for me, i'm a bit slow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

How did you feel about Adolf Hitler? Misunderstood as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,190 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump claimed today that New Zealand is experiencing a surge of cases and he doesn't want to see that happening in the US. New Zealand had 9 new cases today and last recorded a Covid-19 death in May. Meanwhile the US has 40k new cases and 600 deaths today! Absolutely deluded and clearly unstable but according to Trump sycophants it's Biden who has "health problems".

The nonsense he spouts....ffs

His "hair" is extremely distracting lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So it turns out you're a liar. Previously you claimed you didn't like Trump, now you says he's a great president.

What we can get from this is that you can't be trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Trump eventually started applying pressure over Hong Kong as it suited him politically to go after China. Look at the stories in 2019 from when the protests were at their height; Trump doesn't give a **** about the people of Hong Kong.

“We have to stand with Hong Kong, but I’m also standing with President Xi. He’s a friend of mine,
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/us/politics/trump-hong-kong-protests-xi.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

He has continued to appoint conservative judges at a record pace.

He ordered the operation that killed Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

He delivered the biggest blow to Planned Parenthood in three decades.

His tariff threats forced Mexico to crack down on illegal immigration

His “maximum pressure” campaign is crippling Iran.

He has got NATO allies to cough up more money for America's collective security.

He implemented tighter work requirements for food stamps.

Unemployment was at record lows before the China virus. Last year the number of job openings outnumbered the unemployed workers to fill them by the widest gap ever; wages where rising, and low-wage workers are experiencing the fastest pay increases. Fifty-seven percent of Americans said they where better off financially since Trump took office.

There is plenty of other positives Trump has brought to the table.

You see, this is the stuff the left would ignore.
    But it's the same reason that killary lost in 2016 and sleepy joe will lose this year. The silent majority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ELM327 wrote: »
    But it's the same reason that killary lost in 2016 and sleepy joe will lose this year. The silent majority.

but maybe if they call him orange and racist enough they can win :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ELM327 wrote: »

Because it's nothing more than propaganda and nonsense to please the white fragility brigade.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Don't you regularly drop in and make claims and never address the refutations? Eg claiming people dying was voter fraud and accusing posters of alarmism. Don't think you can accuse others of making poor points tbh.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So it turns out you're a liar. Previously you claimed you didn't like Trump, now you says he's a great president.

What we can get from this is that you can't be trusted.

No you guys have convinced me to look at things rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,607 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well if the cap fits....c'mon...the man wears a shìt load of fake tan!

Don't you regularly drop in and make claims and never address the refutations? Eg claiming people dying was voter fraud and accusing posters of alarmism. Don't think you can accuse others of making poor points tbh.

No. I drop in occasionally to make a post and then leave when anything I say that isn't a grossly exaggerated condemnation of trump is met with tonnes of replies saying 'defend this other thing' 'snarky remark about pussy grabbing' 'but trump is worse (in response to any criticism of Joe Biden). Its hard enough to dedicate much time to this thread when you're starting off on the back foot of posters constantly biased against trump and any conversation gets wildly dragged into the gutter by posters who would hate anything Donald trump does. They don't want to deal with the issue at hand, they just want to compound everything into posting anything they don't like about trump.

No. I drop in occasionally to make a post and then leave when anything I say that isn't a grossly exaggerated condemnation of trump is met with tonnes of replies saying 'defend this other thing' 'snarky remark about pussy grabbing' 'but trump is worse (in response to any criticism of Joe Biden). Its hard enough to dedicate much time to this thread when you're starting off on the back foot of posters constantly biased against trump and any conversation gets wildly dragged into the gutter by posters who would hate anything Donald trump does. They don't want to deal with the issue at hand, they just want to compound everything into posting anything they don't like about trump.
    That's not really true, you invariably make a claim and never address it. Eg accusing a poster of alarmism which was addressed by loads of people. Also the electoral fraud that isn't remotely backed up by reality. Plenty of posters engage in considered discussions for the record.

• Advertisement

That's not really true, you invariably make a claim and never address it. Eg accusing a poster of alarmism which was addressed by loads of people. Also the electoral fraud that isn't remotely backed up by reality. Plenty of posters engage in considered discussions for the record.

say something positive about Donald trumps presidency.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement