Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If that annoys you then you are going to hate the GOP convention. It has an epstein co-accused appearing every night.

The GOP needs to be burned to the ground.
    However the "left wing party" can't really lecture when its rolling out war criminals and Bill Clinton either to their convention.

Their is no rule against criticising both parties you know, if people knew that would make this thread much more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Did you read the article I linked to?

Under the law, it is not a private Street. The residents would like it to be and by having the gate etc. they try to make it seem that way.

But it is in fact a public Street that any one is allowed to walk down.

Why do you keep trying to refute things that people have provided hard evidence to support without providing ANY yourself??

It is a private street. Under the law, it is still a private street. These issues have been well known in St. Louis for some time. People can access Portland and Westmoreland through public access but they are not entitled to be on private land which is what some of these private streets still are, one being the street in question. You are lying.

Can you show me the law that overturned Portland Place being a private street? Why are you continually lying and making things up to suit your argument?

The argument in the article you presented is a blog statement whose 'sources' amount to "many legal experts argue...". That is not proof. Then it quotes Eric Banks who offers nothing to your argument except an opinion on whether or not the McCloskeys or private residents in general can control 'comings and goings of citizens on your private street'. If this is your proof then you need to start using better judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

by protesters i mean the protesters that the guns were pointed at. that should be clear. i am trying to make this as simple as possible for the trump supporters to understand but you dont make it easy.

I'm not a Trump supporter. You shouldn't assume things, you keep getting it wrong clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The GOP needs to be burned to the ground.
    However the "left wing party" can't really lecture when its rolling out war criminals and Bill Clinton either to their convention.

Their is no rule against criticising both parties you know, if people knew that would make this thread much more interesting.

the Dems are not a left wing party. i have no idea what you think you are doing by repeating it.

Akesh wrote: »
    I'm not a Trump supporter. You shouldn't assume things, you keep getting it wrong clearly.

Sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Sure.

Ohno will let you know what you believe Akesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Yes, they had nothing to be fearful of, not large groups illegally entering a private road in the context of BLM rioting across the US including St. Louis. The McCloskeys must have damaged the gate themselves, right?

No reason to be fearful? :pac:

It's a public road, and the protestors were peaceful. We know this because the whole thing is on video. We even saw someone who appears to be a resident just stroll by then at the gate in a business suit (not something people typically protest in), without the slightest bit of bother at all. But don't let that get in the way of you creating your own "alternative facts" while simultaneously accusing others of lying.

I did get a kick out of Eric Cartman continuing go read and thank posts through the thread though, while continuing to hide away from answering why he was posting fake news stories about opposition to Susan B. Anthonys pardoning. It's par for the course for him to run away from refutation of things he posts, though.

---

Edit - I will actually correct myself here as I prefer to get the truth behjdn something rather than just push an agenda, as it appears Portland place is a private street. The following link will not work for me due to GDPR but Google has given the following snippet: "St. Louis City Counselor Julian K. Bush affirmed that Portland, as well as several other streets in the West End, are indeed private. “They are owned by the property owners, and the owners pay for them, the street repairs and maintenance,” Bush said Monday."
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/joe-holleman/portland-place-where-couple-pointed-guns-at-protesters-has-long-been-home-to-wealthy-st/article_1764a072-9403-5b1a-a452-ba5609608d56.amp.html

So they were on private property, not that someone who appears to be a neighbour seemed to care much, as the protesters are sctin about as violently as a Mardi Gras or Paddy's Day parade. That however, is not cause to point guns at people and claim they were damaging a gate that clearly was in immaculate condition when the guns were pointed with video proof (and when we don't have any evidence of who did damage it).

Perhaps Eric can do the same and explain to us if he was duped by fake news, or if he was intentionally spreading it.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Ohno will let you know what you believe Akesh.

i have no intention of telling anybody what they think. i will however happily tell them that i dont believe them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,654 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know I'm fairly surprised all the contrarians here aren't talking about the convention. Did you not watch it? Doing yourselves a disservice, there's plenty to engage/pick apart. Even some truly bizarre moments that added to the spectacle. That guitarist is a Father Ted extra and I live for his performance. Shame on you for not watching this :pac: Instead you're all growling over the left over gristle on the fecking mansion story. Move on, can we?

I think the GOP has a lot to be concerned about, as the Dems have a very united tent this time around. In 2016 disinformation worked, splitting the party cleave in two halves of Bernie and Hillary that was never truly reconciled. Not so much in 2020, both the moderate core and the progressive wings of the party are united behind the candidate, there is no bababooie speech here, no Bernie or Bust. This is all wings of the party: Bernie, Biden, Obama, Clinton, even Carter, "The Squad," and even Republicans, the RVATs, the Lincoln Project, Kasich, Powell... whereas the GOP tent looks awfully small, they've alienated the McCain and Romney bases, the GWB base, even the Bolton's and the Amash's, and scores of regular-ass conservatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Demonstrating Overheal's point above, inspiring video here, could reassure some of the more reasonable GOP supporters that it is time to dump Trump.

• Advertisement

Demonstrating Overheals point above, inspiring video here, could reassure some of the more reasonable GOP supporters that it is time to dump Trump.

Yep - I should mention that the DNC has also courted the McCain wing of the GOP party. Probably the Romneys also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,003 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

the Dems are not a left wing party. i have no idea what you think you are doing by repeating it.

Of course they are left wing ,all liberal parties are.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/26/opinion/sunday/republican-platform-far-right.html

Perhaps you meant to say that they are not far left wing ?

People are trying to say AOC doesn't endorse Biden.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-kilmeade-bizarrely-claims-aoc-leading-far-left-dem-takeover-with-hostage-video-endorsing-bernie-over-biden/

It takes a very special misunderstanding of what happened at the convention to conclude that. 2 people each officially nominate the candidates who filed the paperwork for nomination - Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders. She was one of the 2 people to formally introduce the nomination for Bernie. The delegate roll call also counted the amount of delegates that Bernie Sanders received.

Here's the full roll call - you can see AOC's Bernie nomination therein. If you watch the whole thing you will see a whole lot, including the most bizarre plug for fried calamari I have ever seen in my life

Skip to 31:45 for the calamari. AOC is the 2nd person to speak in the video after the chairman.

DNC crushed it with the roll call.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/26/opinion/sunday/republican-platform-far-right.html

i'm pretty sure i said what i meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The Liberal Democrats weren't left wing.

i'm pretty sure i said what i meant.

In that case I suggest you read a book on politics.
    The Liberal Democrats weren't left wing.

They are centre to centre left,they certainly aren't right wing.

you're grand.

They are centre to centre left,they certainly aren't right wing.

It does however show the republicans to be closer to far right than centre right or even right wing, which is what many have been saying for a while now.

CONPLAN 3501-08 already exists to allow the Military to augment the postal service during a crisis, it is only inaction from POTUS and SecDef for why it is not activated. This would certainly clear out any postal backlog and ensure the speedy delivery of lawful ballots.

https://publicintelligence.net/usnorthcom-dsca/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It does however show the republicans to be closer to far right than centre right or even right wing, which is what many have been saying for a while now.

the GOP are right wing but nowhere near far right. the Dems are centre right by European standards but Obama started the shift from left of centre to left by American standards and being solidly left is the ticket that Hillary ran on and Biden will continue to run on. The far left (us standards) / moderate left (Europe standards) section like AOC and Bernie have certainly gained traction and the party has moved increasingly left to keep those votes in the centre.

Lumping moderate right policies and actions into the 'far right' is probably the most dangerous thing to do in politics, it gives the actual far right an avenue to creep up.

the GOP are right wing but nowhere near far right. the Dems are centre right by European standards but Obama started the shift from left of centre to left by American standards and being solidly left is the ticket that Hillary ran on and Biden will continue to run on. The far left (us standards) / moderate left (Europe standards) section like AOC and Bernie have certainly gained traction and the party has moved increasingly left to keep those votes in the centre.

From the same link shared above to call Democrats Left Wing:

Lumping moderate right policies and actions into the 'far right' is probably the most dangerous thing to do in politics, it gives the actual far right an avenue to creep up.
    I am literally repeating what the article Mister Anarchy linked to said.

Now back to the fake news article you posted of the video opposition to Susan B Anthony's pardoning being in opposition to Trump (when it was actually from Nov 2018), were you duped by that or just intentionally spreading something you knew to be false?

Trump isnt a typical Republican though ,his policies are much more central.

Trump isnt a typical Republican though ,his policies are much more central.

very true, much less interested in war and god than other republicans.

very true, much less interested in war and god than other republicans.

sure
    Trump-prayer.jpg
    OIP.dbhSJ_yOawdavf1VldrtbAHaEK?pid=Api&rs=1

I am literally repeating what the article Mister Anarchy linked to said.

Now back to the fake news article you posted of the video opposition to Susan B Anthony's pardoning being in opposition to Trump (when it was actually from Nov 2018), were you duped by that or just intentionally spreading something you knew to be false?

the video was finding historic racism and holding it to modern standards, I failed to see it was an earlier timestamp.

Susan B Anthony was and is still a hero of womens rights in America. That video and other posts asserting her as a racist are only re-occuring now because of who pardoned her. That video is fake news, along with most of 'nowthis' shock value anti trump content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

the video was finding historic racism and holding it to modern standards, I failed to see it was an earlier timestamp.

Susan B Anthony was and is still a hero of womens rights in America. That video and other posts asserting her as a racist are only re-occuring now because of who pardoned her. That video is fake news, along with most of 'nowthis' shock value anti trump content.

How is it fake? Everything thing in it is true. The #IMPOTUS pardoning her was just a dogwhistle, laughable with his assault on voting rights (and the census FFS, he even blurted something about redistricting recently)

• Advertisement

the video was nothing to do with trump. can you at least admit that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement