Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It looks to be taking off alright, congratulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

They confessed to restraining the victim whilst she was being raped. They should still be in jail IMHO
    The Central Park 5? You're contending that their confessions are still safe? They were kids put under immense pressure to confess; their convictions have been vacated and they've received a settlement from New York.

On what basis are you saying they should still be in prison? Should Gerry Conlon have died in prison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The Central Park 5? You're contending that their confessions are still safe? They were kids put under immense pressure to confess; their convictions have been vacated and they've received a settlement from New York.

On what basis are you saying they should still be in prison? Should Gerry Conlon have died in prison?

Firstly, this is pure opinion on my part but... they were in the park that weekend, up to no good (by their own admission). There was a wave of crime in the park over those few days (rapes, robbery's etc). Their parents were present when they confessed (so they were not being forced to confess). The victim stated that there were multiple people involved in her attack. I believe they played the race card to get off and the world being what it is, let them off. Nothing has changed, look at George Floyd for example - a complete waster being deified because of his race - its the same kind of situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

On what basis are you saying they should still be in prison?

His opinion. Facts and evidence don't matter. Typical Trump supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Firstly, this is pure opinion on my part but... they were in the park that weekend, up to no good (by their own admission). There was a wave of crime in the park over those few days (rapes, robbery's etc). Their parents were present when they confessed (so they were not being forced to confess). The victim stated that there were multiple people involved in her attack. I believe they played the race card to get off and the world being what it is, let them off. Nothing has changed, look at George Floyd for example - a complete waster being deified because of his race - its the same kind of situation.
    Pure drivel unsupported by any facts or objective facts; just your "opinion", as you say.

Interesting that you bring up them using the "race card" to get off, but seemingly dismissing the idea that it was only because of their race they got arrested and pressured into confessing in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Donald Trump says QAnon followers 'like me very much and I appreciate it' and that they 'love our country' despite his own FBI labeling conspiracy theory a domestic terror threat.”

He’s desperate for votes, now pandering to the conspiracy crowd.....oh wait......again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there anyone who thinks Joe Biden will make a good president?
    After all he was vice president for eight years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

biko wrote: »

Define good. Relative to the current IMPOTUS, abso-friggin-lutely.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Subscribers Posts: 41,664 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A good president...... Maybe

Better than the Donald???
    Absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Your "pure opinion" is a poor substitute for the subsequent confession of the actual rapist, corroborating evidence showing only the DNA found at the scene was his and all the other evidence which led to the overturning of their convictions.

Also, even if George Floyd was a complete waster, doesn't mean he deserved to be killed by police for it.

But hey, let's not let facts and logic get in the way of "pure opinion".

As per the other posters, no, probably not. He would have been fairly low down on my list when compared to most of the other Dem contenders.

But compared to Trump.... f*ck it, he'll do.

Reyes never referred to any additional attackers, his was the only dna found. Their confessions were entirely inconsistent to the point where they got details of the crime wrong. They were coerced.

In addition to that, the victim has no recollection of the attack due to amnesia. So while she may believe there was additional attackers, there is no basis for it being the teens.

The state of New York settled cause their evidence was shaky and questionable.

“Donald Trump says QAnon followers 'like me very much and I appreciate it' and that they 'love our country' despite his own FBI labeling conspiracy theory a domestic terror threat.”

He’s desperate for votes, now pandering to the conspiracy crowd.....oh wait......again.

Name any politician that will rubbish millions of supporters, oh yes Hillary, worked out well for her.

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said,..

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6182728660001

Name any politician that will rubbish millions of supporters, oh yes Hillary, worked out well for her.

I'm pretty sure if Obama got asked about such a group if they supported him, he would condemn them. They're a public danger and he's egging them on.

I'm pretty sure if Obama got asked about such a group if they supported him, he would condemn them. They're a public danger and he's egging them on.

A danger to who, pedophiles? The danger seems to be the left wing groups, it's in the Qanon charter to not behave the way there carrying on.
    You scared of them:D

A danger to who, pedophiles? The danger seems to be the left wing groups, it's in the Qanon charter to not behave the way there carrying on.

The FBI labelled them as a domestic terrorism threat.

Anyone they view as the deep state which is wide ranging. They targeted the pizza place years ago. On top of that the FBI agrees.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/455770-fbi-memo-warns-qanon-poses-a-potential-terror-threat-report

Penn wrote: »

They haven't done anything to warrant that, BLM is fine though, nice bunch of lads, loot away.

They haven't done anything to warrant that, BLM is fine though, nice bunch of lads, loot away.

Another one but nothing to worry about.. On top of that, Facebook used violence as part of their reason for removing qanon groups as they were attempting to incite violence.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2020/02/11/man-who-blocked-hoover-dam-part-qanon-beliefs-takes-guilty-plea/4724161002/

Also I'd imagine the fbi have made the conclusions via data we don't have and profiling of the type of people who engage in qanon conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hmm... so, special agent Drunkmonkey, you disagree with the FBI's designation? How do you define 'threat' and 'they haven't done anything?'

What rubbish. They're a threat. Good thing the FBI is watching them.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents-conspiracy-theories-terrorism-160000507.html

Anyone they view as the deep state which is wide ranging. They targeted the pizza place years ago. On top of that the FBI agrees.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/455770-fbi-memo-warns-qanon-poses-a-potential-terror-threat-report

There's that surname again, I don't trust or believe the Clintons, not for one second do I think they were as nieve as to not know anything about Maxwell or Epstein.

They haven't done anything to warrant that

So why did the FBI label them a domestic terror threat?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Hmm... so, special agent Drunkmonkey, you disagree with the FBI's designation? How do you define 'threat' and 'they haven't done anything?'

What rubbish. They're a threat. Good thing the FBI is watching them.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents-conspiracy-theories-terrorism-160000507.html

Propaganda! Get them Dems back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Propaganda! Get them Dems back.

From this administrations FBI?

Rubbish. They're a threat like most CT.

There's that surname again, I don't trust or believe the Clintons, not for one second do I think they were as nieve as to not know anything about Maxwell or Epstein.

Eh, Clinton only gets mentioned in relation to the conspiracy. So has nothing to do with the FBI's conclusions... Your point seems irrelevant. You don't believe in pizzagate by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Name one pedophile they've caught

Donald Trump?

“QAnon is a far-right conspiracy theory and loosely organized network centered around the belief that the U.S. is controlled by a cabal of child sex trafficking, Democratic elites hell-bent on bringing down President Trump.

Followers believe these elites, led by Dr. Anthony Fauci, have gone so far as to manufacture the coronavirus to bring Trump down. They heed cryptic online dispatches of someone named Q who's anonymous — hence QAnon — who claims the highest government security clearance.“

Penn wrote: »

Defending the conspiracy nutters to own the libs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If he wins (big if) he'll be a one termer.
    He may not even win the DNC nomination for a second term.

I still can't believe the dems didn't go with Sanders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement