Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

It was Tara reade who made an allegation against biden not tara reid

FYI its 'Tara Reade' and 'Biden'. Capitalization rules apply to names.

francois wrote: »
    The law and order President has seen Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, Stone and now Bannon, all associates, indicted.
    Even more hilarious, Bannon was ripping off the die hard Trump supporters using one of Trump's main election promises.
    Those alt right grifters gotta grift

The best people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Steve Bannon arrested for fraud by SDNY, and Trump's appeal against his subpoena for tax records is also thrown out. We would appear to have the answer now to the murky firing of Geoffrey Berman as head of the SDNY and failed effort to get a lackey put in his place recently.

Now we know why he was promoting QAnon this week. That distraction tactic is showing ever diminishing returns though. Not a good day for him, especially about 10 weeks out from the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Michael Cay Johnson's book, The Making of Donald Trump is well worth a read though it's fierce depressing. It's an utterly grim portrayal of a man truly without any redeeming qualities.

No need to read it you can see it live and in HD every night live on Fox news

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Earlier while bragging about war crimes, Trump got distracted by a mosquito and went off on a complete tangent about sharks and seals. The guy has zero marbles left at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Earlier while bragging about war crimes, Trump got distracted by a mosquito and went off on a complete tangent about sharks and seals. The guy has zero marbles left at this stage.

have got subtiltles in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,606 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

jamule wrote: »
    have got subtiltles in english?

It still wouldn't make any sense.

Now imagine if you would if that had been Biden, what do you think the reaction of our resident Trump zealots would be right now?

It still wouldn't make any sense.

Now imagine if you would if that had been Biden, what do you think the reaction of our resident Trump zealots would be right now?

Trump, his enablers and sycophantic followers have worked hard to normalise Trump's bizarre rants and insidious behaviour. But it isn't normal and it was never normal. Getting distracted by a mosquito and ranting about sharks and seals is where we are at now with Trump.

FYI its 'Tara Reade' and 'Biden'. Capitalization rules apply to names.

How many criminals does it take for one man to hire for you to stop and think for once, and go maybe this Trump guy is not the person I thought he was?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump, his enablers and sycophantic followers have worked hard to normalise Trump's bizarre rants and insidious behaviour. But it isn't normal and it was never normal. Getting distracted by a mosquito and ranting about sharks and seals is where we are at now with Trump.

Greatits Orator EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Former Republican national security officials endorse Biden. Names on the website and there are plenty of them.

https://www.defendingdemocracytogether.org/national-security/

"We are former national security officials who served during the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and/or Donald Trump, or as Republican Members of Congress. We are profoundly concerned about the course of our nation under the leadership of Donald Trump. Through his actions and his rhetoric, Trump has demonstrated that he lacks the character and competence to lead this nation and has engaged in corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as President."

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Re sharks, Stormy Daniels said of a meeting with Trump in 2007 -
    The strangest thing about that night — this was the best thing ever,” Daniels said. “You could see the television from the little dining room table and he was watching Shark Week and he was watching a special about the U.S.S. something and it sank and it was like the worst shark attack in history. He is obsessed with sharks. Terrified of sharks."

“He was like, ‘I donate to all these charities and I would never donate to any charity that helps sharks. I hope all the sharks die,’” Daniels continued. “He was like riveted. He was like obsessed. It’s so strange, I know.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Features in Quint's soliloquy in Jaws

"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was comin’ back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. We’d just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn’t know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin’ and hollerin’ and sometimes that shark he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ those sharks come in and… they rip you to pieces.

You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don’t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin’, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boson’s mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he’d been bitten in half below the waist.

At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol’ fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin’ for my turn. I’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb.”

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So looks like Trumps first attempt at a law suit blocking mail-in voting is going about as well as you might have expected.

They sued in Pennsylvania claiming that Mail-In voting resulted in rampant fraud , so the judge asked them to provide some examples.

They replied with a 524 Page document containing not a single example of mail-in fraud

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S campaign, ordered by a federal court judge in Pennsylvania to back up its claims of fraud in the state’s vote-by-mail system, has documented only a handful of cases of election fraud in recent years — none of which involved mail-in ballots. The revelation, which came in the form of a partially redacted 524-page document produced by the Trump campaign last week, undermines the claim by Trump team operatives that mail-in ballot fraud is a grave risk to Pennsylvania voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

This sounds like that fake guerrilla channel thing that was going round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Anyone watch the Biden speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Yes! I thought it was pretty good!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Anyone watch the Biden speech?

Didn't watch it, but read the reviews.

Went very well by all accounts. Even Fox News said it was excellent, possibly the best speech of his career.

Looks like it highlighted the key problem of Trump's continuous attacks on Bidens mental capacity.

The result of all that rhetoric is that when he comes out with a fairly solid speech without any "Senior moments" it just utterly destroys Trump's entire campaign angle.

Compare that to Trump's speech last night, rambling about sending the police to polling stations , the 2nd amendment being taken away, taxes being quadrupled and once again claiming that the Virus is nearly gone and about to "go away".

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Didn't watch it, but read the reviews.

Went very well by all accounts. Even Fox News said it was excellent, possibly the best speech of his career.

Looks like it highlighted the key problem of Trump's continuous attacks on Bidens mental capacity.

The result of all that rhetoric is that when he comes out with a fairly solid speech without any "Senior moments" it just utterly destroys Trump's entire campaign angle.

Compare that to Trump's speech last night, rambling about sending the police to polling stations , the 2nd amendment being taken away, taxes being quadrupled and once again claiming that the Virus is nearly gone and about to "go away".

He hit all the main points you would expect, pretty much pointing out all the things Trump hasn't done to deal with the complete meltdown America is at the moment and pointing out that the president it supposed to look after all citizens and not just lining his and his flunkies pockets! One comment was that is was nice to see him using full sentences as apposed to Trumps rhetoric and random jibes (paraphrasing)

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Don't forget in his speech yesterday Trump also had a rant about sharks and how much he hates them, and that the rant was triggered by a mosquito - this actually happened!!

• Advertisement

He never mentioned sharks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Trump did

Oh yes he did just yesterday. These are the rantings of a man suffering from some sort of breakdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,610 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

namloc1980 wrote:
    Oh yes he did just yesterday. These are the rantings of a man suffering from some sort of breakdown.

He's not having a breakdown, he's just a dumb fool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

duploelabs wrote: »
    Features in Quint's soliloquy in Jaws

"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side, Chief. We was comin’ back from the island of Tinian to Leyte. We’d just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first shark for about a half-hour. Tiger. 13-footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn’t know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the infantry squares in the old calendars like the Battle of Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin’ and hollerin’ and sometimes that shark he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be livin’… ’til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin’ and your hollerin’ those sharks come in and… they rip you to pieces.

You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don’t know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin’, Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boson’s mate. I thought he was asleep. I reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he’d been bitten in half below the waist.

At noon on the fifth day, a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol’ fat PBY come down and started to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened. Waitin’ for my turn. I’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. 316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb.”

It was true, they were delivering bomb parts. Paul Allen paid to find the Indianapolis and did find it, it's in the Philippine sea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Indianapolis_(CA-35)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,475 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    He's not having a breakdown, he's just a dumb fool

Trump should adopt that as a campaign slogan. "I'm not having a breakdown, I'm just a dumb fool"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So the narrative pushed by Trump, and repeated by some on here, is that Biden is senile old man incapable of cogent thoughts and not suitable for the highest office in the land.

And that by extension, one should support Trump.

So yesterday we saw two speeches, one by each of the candidates.

One was delivered well, following a clear path and hitting on key themes.

In the other we had a man distracted by an insect who then went on a rant about sharks and something about seals.

But of course Trump supporters will wave this embarrassing episode off as just Trump being Trump. Yet again highlighting the massive hypocrisy in their position.

If the situation wasn't so scary I would be enjoying it immensely! The really worrying thing is that I have relatives in the states and most of their news is local they don't get nearly as much of the big picture stuff as we do unless they go looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭randd1

“....Its called save the sharks, I say not thank you, I have other things I can commit funds to.

I recognize Israel’s true capital....“

Jesus, even by Trumps standards is some leap to rambling about seals and sharks to going directly into Middle Eastern politics.

And Biden has lost his mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The talking points, must be a bit late today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement