Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathfield Finglas, Dublin 11

Options
  • 27-07-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I created an account to share my thoughts on the homes and area.

If thinking of buying here and your not from Finglas please be very cautious and try to go up to the area for a week or two to get a feel for it.

I work right across the road in Cappagh hospital and decided in 2018 to buy in Heathfield, being from Cabra I kind of thought how bad can it be.

The houses are really nice in my opinion, beautifully finished and very economical, mine has solar which is really great and I find saves me quite a lot.

My dad is a builder and reckons no expense was spared, high quality insulation, fittings fixtures etc.

The back gardens although on the smallish are finished well and perfect for young children.

The main issue is the area unfortunately,

I just want to preface this by saying the vast majority of people are really nice and just going about their daily life and would never bother anyone, that goes for inside and outside the walls. I joined the local football team and was welcomed like i knew these people all my life.

my bicycle has been stolen from my back garden 4 times even when locked and with a expensive U-Lock, I just started to leave it in the spare room.

My girlfriend who is a foreign national has been verbally abused on a number of occasions and was quite shaken and upset.

5 minutes away is where “Mr Flashy” and his gang are based, this is the Kinahan stronghold in D11, I am pretty sure I heard live rounds being let off before, it’s distinct and different to just normal fireworks which I’m used to.

There’s a big problem with drugs especially outside I would go as far as saying epidemic but that’s just anecdotal.

Travellers live 60 seconds away and in fairness I never had any issues at all with them but some of my neighbours have had altercations.

We could live with all that but the straw that broke the camels back was my girlfriends car being stolen, she claimed the insurance but of course her annual premiums went up multiples.

I know all these things can happen in any area but Cabra wasn’t like this in any way.

To be honest I rushed into buying this house and after doing some renovation work roughly 30k, I have decided to sell and take a hit although hopefully not to much, the estate agent didn’t seem to confident considering the Covid-19 situation but the house is really fabulous and would be perfect for anyone with family close by.

I was blinded by the price and convenience of crossing the road for work but it’s just not worth it for a young couple especially when the discussion of raising a family arises.

I’m happy to answer any questions on the area or working in Cappagh hospital if anyone has queries.

To summarise: the houses are unbeatable for the price if you can overlook the anti-social issues

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

please do not post the same thing in multiple threads.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement