Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Captains Part II

1167168169170171173»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

How they present the idea will matter a lot. I'd actually support a restriction for the player along the lines of minutes per month. something that might level the field between top and lower clubs.

Cutting these extra games would also help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

the high priest of synth would approve of Joshua’s entry music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

If Ken can’t manage an hour on that first half alone tomorrow he’s a coward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Bad Monday for Ken to take off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ah here! Thats the second Monday this season he has missed? Gotta have some cop on and take Friday (or Thursday if its pre-recorded off). Monday probably the biggest day football wise for the podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah disappointed not to hear Ken today but I'm sure he'll have something to say about it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Eoin said at the start that he's off for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, sure, look, a man is entitled to his time off - but the timing isn't great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Essentially we pay his wages, so we should be consulted on any time off.

Member led holiday approvals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Dam I thought it was just today obviously misheard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

as Ken is soccer only, why didn't he take from the Euro 2024 final to the start of the charity shield off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

his wife works as far as I know and it’s a job of high responsibility (she’s a brain surgeon or maybe not quite but something in that field) so maybe he’s not permitted to take any time off at certain times of the year. Maybe he’s not on holiday, maybe there’s a bereavement or something. Not worth speculatating on but it might not be totally preplanned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Who gives a sh*t if they mention a hotel, who gives a sh*t if they take holidays.

It is what it is.

If I was my own boss I would be doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Imagine the free time they'd have if they just stopped doing the podcast altogether

Lads I know the dust up in the Emptyhad was great craic but it’s still only mid-September, it’s not like he’s taking a big week off in mid-May or one where the Irish team are playing and Heimir is getting ordered around by Johnno or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Blud

Jeez the rugby chat would annoy you. Thornley saying that the Leinster out half position will be the talk on barstools all over thr country - get outside your bubble ffs. And then 5 minutes chat about who Cullen will pick without once mentioning the blindingly obvious fact that its only a debate because none of the 4 lads going for it are good enough. Sexton was never worrying about the Byrnes or Frawley like.

Endless positivity, no critical analysis. Endless failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I mean Prendergast is one of the most talented underage players we've ever produced, so bit early to write him off. The most irritating part was the lads interrupting Gerry to bring up Frawley every time he tried to talk about Prendergast, they didn't even discuss Leinster's game on the weekend!

Always enjoy the rugby chat. The Leinster out half situation is going to be huge talking point because it directly effects the position at international level. I think both Sam and Frawley have higher ceilings that Crawley so whoever wins will have a real shot at challenging for the big starts come the Six Nations. The nightmare situation is if Goblet Cullen sticks with Ross Byrne.

Don’t enjoy Murph poo-pooing the number one ranking when the reason we ended up in such an absurd group last year was our ranking had tanked a few years out from the WC when the seeding for the tournament was made. We’ve beaten everyone there is to be beaten away over the last two years, we’re deservedly top and it certainly doesn’t mean nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It means absolutely nothing to be No. 1 in the world. We know that. The Belgians know it. The big teams dont care, they focus on the world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I’ve thought that Ken often sounds bored or uninterested these days, and hearing the clip of him on today’s show from years ago just confirmed that he seemed a lot more engaged in the past. Maybe it’s just age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ranking means nothing if you can't win a QF.

As difficult as our group was, we still topped it and went out at the first knockout hurdle. Murph spot on to "poo-poo" it, its an irrelevant stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭iancairns

Their show in Gaiety Theatre tickets went on sale yesterday on Ticketmaster. Even the upper tier tickets are €46 and that’s not included the fiver fees for for TM.

The shows in Liberty Hall were €25 pre Covid.

**** that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I couldn't even get tickets having gone on at 6:45pm

I’m always tempted to go to a live show but then I remember how many rugby matches I can get into for them same price, 63% of one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

For anyone interested, this was the Emmanuel Petit book that Ken was asking about:

Anyone know why Petit would deny/forget about it?

https://amzn.eu/d/bQ3qcQj

Advertisement