Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Enjoyed the politics pod, was interesting if a bit depressing, Ken talking about how it's hard to take the piss out of Trump because he's so outlandish, is a bit like watching Apres Match over the old RTE panel, who were far more entertaining than any spoof of them, Might actually give his podcast a listen.

Ive added it to the iTunes library. Will give it a listen. Tim came across really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Todays report on sport involved Nigel Farage, government meal vouchers for kids in England,Brexit minister Steve Baker, politics in Nigeria. Uighur oppression in China.

I thought yesterday was the politics podcast with Tim Robbins? Did they tell us how the 49ers got on at the weekend during it?

I don't even know who scored the goals in the matches last night after listening to todays episode.

Download fcuking Sofascore if you want to see who scored in a match

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

deisedude wrote: »
    Download fcuking Sofascore if you want to see who scored in a match

Can you stop quoting him lads, makes having him on ignore list pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

healy1835 wrote: »
    Maybe Ken is a Liverpool fan, but it's to his credit that you'd never realise it.

From the podcasts, no, but it is apparent in his IT articles going back a long period.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

From the podcasts, no, but it is apparent in his IT articles going back a long period.

I'd read them every Monday, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that ;)

• Advertisement

He alluded to it on the Jarlath Regan podcast a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Rob Kearney has the most boring voice, I was nodding off listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

redbuck wrote: »
    Rob Kearney has the most boring voice, I was nodding off listening to him.

All ex rugby players seem to be like that.

Cienciano wrote: »
    All ex rugby players seem to be like that.

A retrospective whitewashing of how poor he was in the last decade. He alluded to doing what needed to be done to be picked next week as opposed to trying anything off the cuff to win a match. The self preservation society...

He's not fit to lace Ben Smith or Christian Cullens boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    A retrospective whitewashing of how poor he was in the last decade. He alluded to doing what needed to be done to be picked next week as opposed to trying anything off the cuff to win a match. The self preservation society...

He's not fit to lace Ben Smith or Christian Cullens boots.

The most decorated irish player of all time? Poor? Come off it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ken definitely had a few last night.

dulpit wrote: »
    The most decorated irish player of all time? Poor? Come off it..

Search for his name in the Rugby forum and see how we was received lately. One of the most divisive selections for the last 5 or 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rob Kearney has been a brilliant player for Ireland. And a big game player as well. Saved many of his best games for the biggest days. I mean he's been past his best for the last few years. He is 34 after all but doesn't really change the decade he had in a green jersey. I don't think there is much debate that he's Ireland's greatest ever full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Did anyone listen to bobbo supreme? I can't blame Ken for not listening to them all. I couldn't finish the first one.

Also, you don't know how these interviews come up. Perhaps it was at short notice like David Sneyd and the Dundalk owners. You can't really tell Tim Robbins to hold off until you listen to the full five episodes.

I'm being extremely kind to Ken though. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ken is definitely the best thing about the podcast, even if he is a closet scouser :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Anyone else think Ken’s comment about Frank Lampards hair was a cheap shot !!! ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone else think Ken’s comment about Frank Lampards hair was a cheap shot !!! ???

All I can hear is Pat Kenny saying 'cheap shot' over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

His distain for Frank is hilarious

Jim Root wrote: »
    His distain for Frank is hilarious

A guy I never liked either, so ken ripping into him brings me joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Kevin McCarra, ex chief football correspondent for the Guardian has died from Alzheimer's - he was only 62.

I remember him appearing a few times during the Newstalk days. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Poor “Migs” getting it in the neck on Twitter from Gary Lineker. No doubt means he’ll be on the pod this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Obrieski wrote: »
    Poor “Migs” getting it in the neck on Twitter from Gary Lineker. No doubt means he’ll be on the pod this week!

Playing the victim as well. Plonker. I skip through when hes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Playing the victim as well. Plonker. I skip through when hes on.

What did Miguel do?

What did Miguel do?

He wrote an article about Man City and because the headline dared mention Raheem Sterling, Lineker threw a tantrum. He offered nothing other than calling it rubbish and informing Delaney that playing football isn’t easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

What did Miguel do?

Wrote an opinion piece, linekar also voiced an opinion and that miguel was negative. miguel not happy that linekar tweeted out to all his followers instigating a "pile on"

Precious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Wrote an opinion piece, linekar also voiced an opinion and that miguel was negative. miguel not happy that linekar tweeted out to all his followers instigating a "pile on"

Precious

He lives for that type of thing judging by his Twitter.

In fairness, looks like Delaney won that outcome.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1320689118481911815

Presumably the tweet at the top that Lineker deleted was the below article followed by "negative nonsense"

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-results-raheem-sterling-west-ham-pep-guardiola-epl-table-b1325022.html

Cienciano wrote: »
    In fairness, looks like Delaney won that outcome.

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1320689118481911815

Presumably the tweet at the top that Lineker deleted was the below article followed by "negative nonsense"

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/man-city-results-raheem-sterling-west-ham-pep-guardiola-epl-table-b1325022.html

Yep. It was clear he didn’t read it and dived in because of the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

As a running bore myself, Richie and Ciaran’s gentle needling of Eoin’s marathon efforts was pretty funny yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I couldn't believe how annoying I found Rob Kearney on Friday. He is, what non rugby fans, view as rugby personified. I found it hilarious that Joe Schmidt said "were expecting a big game from you today" and Rob took it as "all of your friends and family will be murdered if you don't play well". Jesus what a dose of a man.

Advertisement