Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Think it was Denis O Brien maybe ?

Yep. He who must not be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gene is going to have a field day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I burst out laughing whilst walking past a bus stop full of people when Ken said loudly 'welcome to Penalty Ball' Eoin.

Best few quid I spend every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A GAA PODCAST ON A MONDAY IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Personally I was delighted they did a GAA podcast instead of a pod on Ireland Wales in either of the 2 glorified friendly matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

Garry Cash-parov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

It was a big weekend of it in fairness, but as a football man I was hoping for the usual Monday football pod. I suppose with the inclusion of the "Comedian's" ramblings that's two pods and we'll have to wait for the football later in the week. Football Weekly pod it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

deisedude wrote: »
    Personally I was delighted they did a GAA podcast instead of a pod on Ireland Wales in either of the 2 glorified friendly matches

Your forgetting about the young lion Grealish winning the hearts and minds of England after a glorious display against the Belgians

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Your forgetting about the young lion Grealish winning the hearts and minds of England after a glorious display against the Belgians

I didn't forget, I just don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

They will really need to go back to two pods on a Monday. The masters, GAA, Hurling, football, Rugby and Boxing on this weekend alone is some amount of stuff to get through. Would sometimes listen to a GAA pod but two on a Monday is needed. Given all that was on this weekend, tomorrows pod should be good hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

duffman13 wrote:
    They will really need to go back to two pods on a Monday. The masters, GAA, Hurling, football, Rugby and Boxing on this weekend alone is some amount of stuff to get through. Would sometimes listen to a GAA pod but two on a Monday is needed. Given all that was on this weekend, tomorrows pod should be good hopefully

How many podcasts is there a week. Is it one a day, mon to fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Don’t like the way the DOD isolation pod clutters up my feed, is there no way to separate them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Jim Root wrote: »
    Don’t like the way the DOD isolation pod clutters up my feed, is there no way to separate them out?

Ah f*ck off haha. You have very little to complain.

Few swipes and job done. Takes about a second to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

How many podcasts is there a week. Is it one a day, mon to fri?

Yeah one a day, used to be two on a Monday, was usually needed bar maybe during the summer (June/July)

Its good value but I find myself listening to maybe two pods a week where I'd probably listen to 4 or so. I drive a lot so the second one on a Monday is missed

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

" i hate the ****ing picture"

Ken makes me laugh with the simplest of things.

Few swipes and job done. Takes about a second to delete.

Instant delete for me. He's insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Instant delete for me. He's insufferable.

Isn't it great then that you can instantly delete him then.

I can totally understand why people find DOD irritating - but the more you listen to him the funnier he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I would disagree with Ken about holding the euros trans Europe. Whats the difference between all the internationals over the past week and having it as planned. Of course no fans but it can still go ahead if they want to! Champions league and europa league are doing it just fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Today Ken was saying something along the lines of "why not just stay here relaxing on the lakeside? Why go out and catch more fish, only to then want to build up your business, then... Etc."

I recognise that it's a reference to something, and possibly directly lifted from the source, but I can't quite recall where it's from. Anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Today Ken was saying something along the lines of "why not just stay here relaxing on the lakeside? Why go out and catch more fish, only to then want to build up your business, then... Etc."

I recognise that it's a reference to something, and possibly directly lifted from the source, but I can't quite recall where it's from. Anyone help?

Haven't heard the pod yet but sound like something Cantina might say?
    Could be way off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Haven’t listened today yet but assume it’s this story

https://www.momentum-coaching.eu/en/inspiration/the-parable-of-the-businessman-and-the-fisherman

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

unplayable wrote: »

Yeah that's it, sound. Now I just have to figure out where else I've seen it referenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

unplayable wrote: »

Ah yeah, that's it.
    I've seen that somewhere else recently as well. Maybe doing the rounds on social media or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

They guys have used that parable before once or twice. Its been around a long time referenced in many spheres.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

Ken was in top form today; I’ve often had that two shower debate.

Arghus wrote: »
    Isn't it great then that you can instantly delete him then.

I can totally understand why people find DOD irritating - but the more you listen to him the funnier he gets.

Its great that i can delete of course ! Artistic taste is not subject to demographic referendum thankfully. Otherwise we would all like the same things and what a boring world that would be.

My assertion that he is insufferable is just as valid as yours that he is funny.

Ken was in top form today; I’ve often had that two shower debate.

I have three most days !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Beersmith wrote: »
    They guys have used that parable before once or twice. Its been around a long time referenced in many spheres.

Yes Ken def used that previously it’s a well known parable may have been in a movie also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Its great that i can delete of course ! Artistic taste is not subject to demographic referendum thankfully. Otherwise we would all like the same things and what a boring world that would be.

My assertion that he is insufferable is just as valid as yours that he is funny.

No, I believe that I have objectively better taste.

Advertisement