Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

dulpit wrote: »
    Is that you Liam Aherne?

Nope, must be a few listeners from outside Ireland though, be interested to know the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Grunge week is the worst thing SC do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Grunge week is the worst thing SC do

Grunge week is the greatest!

Although I think they should mix it up a bit. Looking forward to 80s hair metal week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

December needs to be prog rock month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I think a lot of the people giving out about GAA on a Monday are Monday freeloaders ;)

If you want the coverage of the sasanach ball, part with your fiver (+ Vat)

• Advertisement

I think a lot of the people giving out about GAA on a Monday are Monday freeloaders ;)

If you want the coverage of the sasanach ball ,part with your fiver (+ Vat)

The what??

I put down COLD HARD CASH every week... year AFTER YEAR !!! I expect more Then GAA ON A MONDAY !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Gaa pod on Monday is fine, give that away free. Put the Monday football for members only but give it to us. Monday is already a bit late. Totally football record their weekend round up on Sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod: Just a quick note here on a few issues.

Responding to criticism of the show by essentially telling the person to leave creates a toxic atmosphere and gives the impression that only praise is welcome.

If you feel the tone of criticism crosses a line, report it and it'll be reviewed. You should respond to the actual criticism raised as long as it's reasonably in good faith regardless of tone.

That said, criticising the show and its' presenters in a needlessly aggressive manner really isn't helpful and only serves to get people's defences up rather than sparking an actual discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

That Klopp book sounds like a bit of a hagiography.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hey lads, we're all getting a bit sensitive.

Let's relax with some music:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ken’s hair is pure grunge week

Nah It's a bit more classic rock.

That Klopp book sounds like a bit of a hagiography.

I remembered her name from when she did a Totally Football Show podcast, must have been maybe 18 months ago now or maybe longer and she just went on and on about Klopp and Liverpool maybe not knowing it was a general football podcast.

As the show went on James Richardson and the others would let her go on about her point and then just go 'Ok' and move on. It was before the Totally Football League Show was a thing I think so they had delved into League one and I remember she still managed to tie some league one club back to Klopp:D

She hasn't bee on the show since as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Did it annoy anyone else that DOD and the lads keep referring to the Wellington Testimonial in the Phoenix Park as the Wellington Monument? And what’s worse, the pedants who wrote in to Nerd Alert didn’t pick up on it. Gaaaaah!

Did it annoy anyone else that DOD and the lads keep referring to the Wellington Testimonial in the Phoenix Park as the Wellington Monument? And what’s worse, the pedants who wrote in to Nerd Alert didn’t pick up on it. Gaaaaah!

I've never heard of it referred to anything as other than the Wellington Monument.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The report on sport chat was remarkably daft today - "Keats is like an old football man" - I enjoyed it a lot.

I've never heard of it referred to anything as other than the Wellington Monument.

Monuments are named after dead people. Wellington was still alive when they commenced construction. That makes it a Testimonial.

<Nerd Alert>

If he's willing to denounce the word "hollibops" as the absolute bullshìt it is, then he can call that monument whatever he likes.

Now, I just need him to acknowledge that adults saying "yummy" is every bit as sickening. Nay, more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The only people that call it Wellington's Testimonial are the people that want to tell you why it should be called a Testimonial.

It's jignoble pedantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I always called it the obelisk

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    The only people that call it Wellington's Testimonial are the people that want to tell you why it should be called a Testimonial.

It's jignoble pedantry.

Just trying to inform the jignorant

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haha Ken was annoyed about Gaelic Football taking his slot Monday, the chat about Saint Jurgen seemed a lot longer than it was.

I couldn't listen to that Klopp chat. I find the chat fairly mundane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

huh?

That you Kevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

humberklog wrote: »

It's jignoble pedantry.

Is the Wellington ‘Testimonial’ a symbol of British Jignoism?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

I couldn't listen to that Klopp chat. I find the chat fairly mundane.

Skipped through a good chunk of it myself.
    Ken seems to have come around on José as well, the fur coat commentary was very funny.

I never liked the concept of Grunge week (wouldn't be my type of music) but found myself bopping along to the music they played out yesterday's show with...hope I am not turning into a convert! :eek:

I suppose with all this Covid nonsense the lads are unlikely to make the trip to the Christmas cabin this year.

So.... looks like there are the seeds of a Ken Jose love affair brewing ???

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I suppose with all this Covid nonsense the lads are unlikely to make the trip to the Christmas cabin this year.

Depends on which county the cabin is in and how big it is. They might have to make their own way this year and not altogether in the sleigh ride like before (that's how I remember the previous ones started).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

By the way, does anyone else think that Ken's rants, eg the one the last day about not having the football on the Monday, sound very much like Stewart Lee's rants onstage?

Sometimes they are very similar, methinks.

Advertisement