Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Malissa Reddy sounded like a South African teenager trying to explain her love for a K-pop performer to her grandparents.

Murph/ Ken's out of fashion fur coat / Jose analogy was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

She gave me a laugh recently on OTB when she said Liverpool went to Chelsea and proceeded to “absolutely blow them”

Reminded me of this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFFb-wNP1GI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Only got to listen to the interview this morning but agree with some of the comments here, pretty turgid stuff. Sounded a bit like a female Graham Hunter to be honest, too much fawning over Klopp for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I have to agree. Obviously Klopp is an amazing manager, but it was just far too much. She legitimately loved Jurgen Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Tomorrow’s pod all about Diego I wonder? At least a good portion of it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

That Klopp book sounds like a bit of a hagiography.

Does that mean pure sh1te - the interview sounded like watching oireachtas report

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

den87 wrote: »
    Tomorrow’s pod all about Diego I wonder? At least a good portion of it anyway

Hopefully they will have Tim Vickery on

There is also that brilliant Argentine journalist they have on once in a blue moon. I can't remember her name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Arghus wrote:
    There is also that brilliant Argentine journalist they have on once in a blue moon. I can't remember her name though.

Both were on OTB this evening

Both were on OTB this evening

Thanks, I listened back.

Hopefully they'll turn up on SC over the next few days. OTB is fine and Joe Molloy is grand, but he does ask kind of square and perfectly servicable predictable questions. You kinda want a bit of Ken really: to get a bit poetical and metaphysical, especially about Maradona, and I think it brings out something different in the guests too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Klopp love fest was harder to get through than the rugby analysis, went on for about 20 minutes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Who was the English player they had on about Maradonna's hand of god goal and then we went on a rant about how the whole world is against England because of 1966?

I looked up the English players from that team but none of them are jumping out to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Terry Fenwick I think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Tim Vickery on the Pat Kenny show after the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Tim Vickery on the Pat Kenny show after the ads.

Two worlds collide !!! Could be fireworks #SickBag #Scum

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

enjoyable pod today. jonathon wilson can be a bit dramatic and over the top at times but was perfect for Diego. great tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Loved the context as to how he was predicted as a messiah and the impact he had on Argentinian identity

What a blast from the past to hear them close out with that Maradona song.

Great discussions today. The conversations were deeper and more wide ranging than what I heard on OTB last night. I really love Marcela Mora y Araujo any time she is on.

Ken referring to Peter Shilton as the "gammon bulk" was just too perfect.

The clip with Terry Fenwick with the Todd Terje music is pretty epic. I cracked up at Ken's "yeah" as he figures out that Fenwick is going to full tinfoil hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

“Stop touching yourself Bob”

Ken has some unbelievable one-liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Klopp love fest was harder to get through than the rugby analysis, went on for about 20 minutes too long.

I actually zoned out and when I came to I couldn't believe she was still talking. Complete and total garbage and I like klopp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I thought the podcast was fantastic today. Well done lads!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yesterday's pod was worth this months fee alone, Ken laughing at Bob Wilson's self-righteous tone was the highlight, Marcela's cynicism at his political beliefs was interesting, and the stuff about the attitude about breaking rules is fine as long as you get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Without wishing to state the obvious, yesterdays pod on Maradonna was class.

Marcela on the local scene, Wilson's historical take and Ken in top form.

Ken's point on Maradonna being so supportive/forgiving to his less talented team mates summed up why he will always be far more loved than the current 2 world "stars".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Seamy Fitz wrote: »

Ken's point on Maradonna being so supportive/forgiving to his less talented team mates summed up why he will always be loved far more loved than the current 2 world "stars".

Yeah, I really liked that point actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Seamy Fitz wrote: »

Ken's point on Maradonna being so supportive/forgiving to his less talented team mates summed up why he will always be loved far more loved than the current 2 world "stars".

Spot on, Ken was great yesterday actually

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Arghus wrote: »
    The clip with Terry Fenwick with the Todd Terje music is pretty epic. I cracked up at Ken's "yeah" as he figures out that Fenwick is going to full tinfoil hat.

Jonathan Wilson summed up the hypocrisy of Terry Fenwick nicely. Fenwick still moaning about Maradona cheating with the use of his hand, but him spending the game trying to break his leg is perfectly fine

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

i tweeted at them yesterday asking if they would make the maradonna pod free but haven't got a reply, im not in a position to re-subscribe at the moment but ill listen as soon as i am , i loved Diego

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

humberklog wrote: »
    Malissa Reddy sounded like a South African teenager trying to explain her love for a K-pop performer to her grandparents.

Murph/ Ken's out of fashion fur coat / Jose analogy was very good.

She has an ad on football ramble pods and must have the most irritating voice ive ever heard.

I know nothing of her only the assualt on my ears from the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

i tweeted at them yesterday asking if they would make the maradonna pod free but haven't got a reply, im not in a position to re-subscribe at the moment but ill listen as soon as i am , i loved Diego

I've tried to gift a sub on a couple of Patreon pods I listen to and Patreon don't allow it off your own account. I eventually set up another account with my work email for my Dad but they are losing out on a lot of business and listeners by not allowing it I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

yermandan wrote: »
    I've tried to gift a sub on a couple of Patreon pods I listen to and Patreon don't allow it off your own account. I eventually set up another account with my work email for my Dad but they are losing out on a lot of business and listeners by not allowing it I reckon

Not sure how they are losing out on business by not giving their product away for free.

Advertisement