Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Andy Moran is fond of an oul plug or two for his business while he’s on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm not a fan of this Premier League chat seeping into the weekly Monday GAA pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Problem with a sports pod is it's always going to cover sports you don't like. At one point my podcast playlist was so backed up I was hoping for a gaa podcast just so I could delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

How did Ken’s diet / nutrition audio bed not make it into the top 8?! One of my favourite ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That carabao cup/war and peace chat is up there with some of their best stuff ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Obrieski wrote: »
    How did Ken’s diet / nutrition audio bed not make it into the top 8?! One of my favourite ones!

Best thing since Russia world cup, ole titanium jaw Ken.

https://www.secondcaptains.com/2020/05/20/episode-1772-let-us-be-your-apollo-creed-the-second-captains-running-playlist/
    Starts at 4:16

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Obrieski wrote: »

Agreed, I think this is the best. Keep meaning to have a Ritter sport bar as a result.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The horror in Eoin's voice is the best bit about the one where Ken going on about his diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

ongarite wrote: »

Ah I cannot believe it didn’t make it in!!
    Surely an oversight from the Second Captains men!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The horror in Eoin's voice is the best bit about the one where Ken going on about his diet.

I like the elephant roar at the end myself.

• Advertisement

I love the McGregor bed with him trying to sound solemn and serious mixed with the horrible obnoxious things he says during press conferences.

Ken was right during the Summer when he said Charlton was more astute than he got credit for.

I love the McGregor bed with him trying to sound solemn and serious mixed with the horrible obnoxious things he says during press conferences.

The "Who the fùck is that guy?" is perfect placed, makes me laugh every time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah the MacGregor one is a great one.

"Let's go...Ireland...Let's go...Rest of the World"

Toe curling cringe. Absolute gormless ejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

https://jigsaw.news

This might come in handy over the next few days.

My nephew is already referring the fence and the bòllox, and he never even heard the tripod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I enjoyed the war and peace talk, Ken knew far more about it that Murph who had only recently read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

A belated Christmas present for Ken: Chelsea losing badly to a weakened version of the worst Arsenal team of the PL era. The next football show should be good.

I hope there will be a pod tomorrow with just ken and JW. There wasn't at all last year and it was disappointing, they were playing the ****ee live recordings last year.

Beersmith wrote: »
    I hope there will be a pod tomorrow with just ken and JW. There wasn't at all last year and it was disappointing, they were playing the ****ee live recordings last year.

I think the next show will be Monday.

A belated Christmas present for Ken: Chelsea losing badly to a weakened version of the worst Arsenal team of the PL era. The next football show should be good.
    He already had a go at lampard on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The players have betrayed Frank again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Strange pod today. I had not read the book so couldn’t connect with this at all. It’s a tough time
    As it is for everyone and would have preferred a light hearted pod. Bit of a mis step I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

unplayable wrote: »
    Strange pod today. I had not read the book so couldn’t connect with this at all. It’s a tough time
    As it is for everyone and would have preferred a light hearted pod. Bit of a mis step I think.

Yep gave it a miss myself. Not particularly interested in seeking out more tragedy in podcast form.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Festive period content has been lacklustre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭deisedude

I take your point about it not being light hearted however I have to say I did find it quite interesting and i could relate to the subject matter having lost family members well before their time too.

Ridleys explanation of his journey through grief was fascinating and I could empathise with a lot of it.

While many might not feel its the appropriate time of year for the subject matter Christmas can be the most excruciating time of year when you are missing a loved one and that shouldn't be shied away from. Personally I couldn't fully enjoy Christmas for years until I became a parent.

I did enjoy today’s episode and I wasn’t looking forward to when I saw the episode’s description in advance of listening to it. I’m surprised they didn’t make the connection between Ken involuntarily spilling the six pints in the Phoenix Park and today’s interviewee watching the man at the cricket spilling multiple pints after being hit by a frisbee.

I did enjoy today’s episode and I wasn’t looking forward to when I saw the episode’s description in advance of listening to it. I’m surprised they didn’t make the connection between Ken involuntarily spilling the six pints in the Phoenix Park and today’s interviewee watching the man at the cricket spilling multiple pints after being hit by a frisbee.

I think they did as the interview was recorded before so reminded them of the ken incident which they then mentioned at the start

Im not grieving anyone but I thought it was a great interview ans I would really like to read the book. Christmas time is as good as any for the subject matter. Pity it doesn't seem available via kindle which is surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Return of the isolating podcast from Monday?
    Would be great if he was back in Achill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is it returning or are you speculating?
    Doubt he's in Achill at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oooh, I hope so.

Listened back to the very first week of them the other day. It's so different to what it ended up being like. He sounds really fed up at the start.

Advertisement