Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I hope they cover the Claire Byrne debate tonight on tomorrow's show, even if it's just for 5-10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Happy enough if the new LOI slot is semi regular. I'm probably more interested in the 6 nations than LOI but I have no interest in the commentary around rugby generally. The lads on the LOI slot are decent. New audio bed for it is good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Would love if they did a regular enough LOI slot and not just the usual start of season segment and then if any bad news story happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wilbury Twist

They should get Roddy Collins back for the League of Ireland slot, he could even read out a few tweets!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I actually really want Roddy on now! Agree about hoping LOI is given regular coverage, the two lads are an easy listen. Plus more they're on less opportunity for Miguel to appear!

• Advertisement

They don’t seem as flippant and jokey about it now so I wouldn’t mind hearing more if they kept that up. Leaving it to the guests more is a good idea. For a long time they’d have been better not covering the league rather than the 15 minutes of giggling and pisstaking they did serve up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Dante

I don't have much interest in LOI but would enjoy a dedicated slot every couple of weeks to give it more exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't have much interest in LOI but would enjoy a dedicated slot every couple of weeks to give it more exposure.

Same.

Also, listening back to Monday's rugby pod. There was a 60 second period where Trimbs, Hendo, Shaggy, Dricco, Earlsy were all referenced. Had to tune out.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

dulpit wrote: »
    Also, listening back to Monday's rugby pod. There was a 60 second period where Trimbs, Hendo, Shaggy, Dricco, Earlsy were all referenced. Had to tune out.

Simon threw in a nickname at one point as well, I actually cringed when I heard him use it. At least the other guys are mates / played together (not that that excuses using the nicknames on the podcast, as it sounds weird!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

Maybe i was just in bad form listening to the book review pod today but i thought Gary O'Toole came across like he was totally up his own ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Dante

dulpit wrote: »
    As soon as I heard Dricco I stopped listening. Its like nails scraping down a blackboard.

Sadlier did some waffling about David Forde’s role. I’d say he’d have been all over it like a rash if he’d been offered it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

"Did anyone story tell before Americans came along"

Obrieski wrote: »
    Simon threw in a nickname at one point as well, I actually cringed when I heard him use it. At least the other guys are mates / played together (not that that excuses using the nicknames on the podcast, as it sounds weird!)

I think Simon called Trimble Trimbs. At least that was to each other. It's when they start doing it for the players that I have to bail out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That McTepid take was spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Thar McTepid take was spot on!

He got what we wanted... and now we are out of the World Cup.

He got what we wanted... and now we are out of the World Cup.

Were we ever in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Were we ever in?

For about 40 minutes....
    I don’t blame the players or the manager. John Delaney basically destroyed football here for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

jones wrote: »
    Maybe i was just in bad form listening to the book review pod today but i thought Gary O'Toole came across like he was totally up his own ar$e.

I thought it was good. I liked the fact that since it was swimming and Ken has an interest that he was heavily involved in the back and forth. As for the book reviews generally I dont think they work but this one mixed the book with other elements of his life and felt like it covered enough of both.

• Advertisement

I loved Ken saying 'topical' in a sarcastic tone, when Roy Curtis mentioned NPHET briefings in his article.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I loved Ken saying 'topical' in a sarcastic tone, when Roy Curtis mentioned NPHET briefings in his article.

Or when he was taking the piss by continuing on with the weirdly sexual analogies Curtis was using to describe different Irish managerial reigns "when we were rolling under the covers with Jack Charlton".

It's always entertaining when Ken gets catty about something another journalist has written.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

There's history between the lads and Roy Curtis isn't there? I kind of remember Curtis, in a 'New Year Predictions' type piece, predicting the lads to disappear even further up their own asses in the year ahead! Back in the OTB days maybe?

I really enjoyed Ken ripping the pi$$ out of him yesterday. Curtis is some spoofer.

jones wrote: »

I just finished listening to it. Could listen to Gary O'Toole all day to be honest, it was great to hear him talk about all different elements. Didn't really pick up much about the book itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

healy1835 wrote: »
    There's history between the lads and Roy Curtis isn't there? I kind of remember Curtis, in a 'New Year Predictions' type piece, predicting the lads to disappear even further up their own asses in the year ahead! Back in the OTB days maybe?

I really enjoyed Ken ripping the pi$$ out of him yesterday. Curtis is some spoofer.

Which pod was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Is it O Toole that sometimes used to stand in on OTB back about 3 years ago? Someone like him used to, and for some reason they used to be always going on about Gerrard and Rafa at Liverpool. Am I thinking of the wrong man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Oh man Killian's piece on A Life in the Day of Murph was feckin gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

yermandan wrote: »

It sounds like Murph lives the average day of a college student with frosties and beans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭deisedude

bamayang wrote: »
    Is it O Toole that sometimes used to stand in on OTB back about 3 years ago? Someone like him used to, and for some reason they used to be always going on about Gerrard and Rafa at Liverpool. Am I thinking of the wrong man?

He was a regular on the Sunday paper review

• Advertisement

yermandan wrote: »

I was driving home and had to take the long way back to get the last of it. Some diet for a gaa player...

Wonder what the 2000th episode will bring?

Advertisement