Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Leicester could disappoint this season but I think Justin is worth the punt. He should be guaranteed 90 mins each week for a while with Pereira injured. Most of the other 4.5 options play for Burnley, Southampton or Palace, even if Leicester have a bad season these teams could flop worse. I will almost certainly go with Justin for the first 5 GWs, apart from the City game their other four fixtures are favourable with three at home. Would prefer if they'd splash out on a CB to partner Soy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have a feeling that Leicester may buy Jamal Lewis to replace Chilwell. Whether Lewis is bought before or after Chilwell is sold could influence his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Don’t forget the Europa League distractions for Leicester as well. Had Justin last year he scored well any time I didn’t play him so he is a no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

patmac wrote: »
    Don’t forget the Europa League distractions for Leicester as well. Had Justin last year he scored well any time I didn’t play him so he is a no for me.

Appreciate that. Straight in my team. Can you bench him?

patmac wrote: »

The way I see it, the only time I don't play Justin for the first 5 GWs is against City. It may not work out but I don't I don't see the risk with him being any higher than the other 4.5 options.

• Advertisement

Branthwaite starts for everton pre season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Branthwaite starts for everton pre season

They were 3-0 down to Blackpool after 11 mins though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

They were 3-0 down to Blackpool after 11 mins though!

Yeah but then we did an instanbul and finished 3-3. Branthwaite won't be a starter this season. Could be even loaned out

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Yeah but then we did an instanbul and finished 3-3. Branthwaite won't be a starter this season. Could be even loaned out

From an FPL perspective there is zero indication of him being loaned that I'm aware of?

He's a solid 4.0M option currently to get zero points because we'll concede two with or without him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lots of talk about Keita online. Anyone have any thoughts?

I’d be interested but if I have TAA and Robbo then it would be hard to take the third spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Green&Red wrote: »
    Lots of talk about Keita online. Anyone have any thoughts?

I’d be interested but if I have TAA and Robbo then it would be hard to take the third spot
    I wouldn't bother. He's a talented player alright, but Henderson-Wijnaldum-Fabinho is the preferred midfield 3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother. He's a talented player alright, but Henderson-Wijnaldum-Fabinho is the preferred midfield 3

I said that too on social media but Liverpool fans feel sure that Keita is now preferred to Wijnaldum

CSF wrote: »
    I said that too on social media but Liverpool fans feel sure that Keita is now preferred to Wijnaldum

Depends on signings I guess, Thiago is deffo movingby the sounds of it and most rumours are for Liverpool.

Kieta also has a bad injury record in the last 2 seasons although he wont be hard to move on if it happens.

on a sperate note

Werner looks like a must, giroud and abraham were both in the top 4 non penalty goals per 90 in the league last season

Does willian threaten Pepes postion

Felt like a cheaper arsenal punt but not really on a potential non starter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Koeman wants Wijnaldum at Barca,I think Pool fans saying "he wasn't in our best 3 anyway" is a spot of therapy for losing him.

Anyone think Reece James could be a useful asset this season, potentially even become a must have? Chelsea look to be signing Thiago Silva to go with the four CBs they already have, plus Azpi is more than competent there, they could play with three CBs and WBs. James and Chilwell being the WBs and a combination of Rudi/Zouma/Christiansen/Tomori/Azpi/Thiago. At 5.0, he is attractively priced if he is playing every week.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Anyone think Reece James could be a useful asset this season, potentially even become a must have? Chelsea look to be signing Thiago Silva to go with the four CBs they already have, plus Azpi is more than competent there, they could play with three CBs and WBs. James and Chilwell being the WBs and a combination of Rudi/Zouma/Christiansen/Tomori/Azpi/Thiago. At 5.0, he is attractively priced if he is playing every week.

Chelsea would have to prove they can defend. Eight CS last year. Brighton had nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea would have to prove they can defend. Eight CS last year. Brighton had nine.
    Agree. Thiago Silva would be a huge step in that direction of convincing me. GK and CB are the weaknesses if they have Chilwell, Azpi and James covering the fullback spots.

If James was starting every week, he could be a good asset. Even a slight improvement on CSs from Chelsea, coupled with his attacking threat (and them being a strong attacking team in general) would give better points potential than others at that price point. The question is does he start but if he does, and as a WB providing width going forward, he could be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I just wanted to make a point on something there re Johnstone. West brom had a shocking end to last season and were very lucky to go up in the end, now they kept Cs in that poor run from post lockdown but they might be dodgy if they have a bad start. Just saying a word of warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Keita is preferred to Wijnaldum, but your problem is two fold.

Wijnaldum or Thiago (should he sign) will get plenty of starts anyway, so you never know when Keita will be dropped.

And also, Klopp has a habit of subbing Keita early.

Too many other Liverpool assets are completely nailed on to consider yet. The above will have to change first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

With the heavy fixture list this season, I expect there to be a lot of rotation. Keita is a big injury worry so will be rotated a nice bit in order to keep him fit IMO. He is still the 4th choice for the middle 3 for Klopp I think, but the game every 3 days may wash away the 'first 11' idea for a while. He has potential to be a great asset though.

3 G/A in 5 starts post-lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

SlickRic wrote:

Not sure you saw in the Zarquon thread but your mailbox is full so can't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wijnaldum started 35 of 38 league games last season. The idea that all of a sudden he's no longer first choice is fanciful at best. However it's not Wijnaldum or Keita I'd be looking at as a cheap mid. A fit Henderson would be the FPL pick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

SlickRic wrote: »

Wijnaldum or Thiago (should he sign) will get plenty of starts anyway, so you never know when Keita will be dropped.

And also, Klopp has a habit of subbing Keita early.

Too many other Liverpool assets are completely nailed on to consider yet. The above will have to change first.

Do we think Ox will get much game time or where would he be in the pecking order, was an integral part up until his injury

Do we think Ox will get much game time or where would he be in the pecking order, was an integral part up until his injury

I think he just injured himself again recently. Perhaps a Liverpool fan can confirm but I thought I saw that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think he just injured himself again recently. Perhaps a Liverpool fan can confirm but I thought I saw that somewhere.

Anything but a Liverpool fan but ....
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to miss the remainder of Liverpool’s pre-season programme after sustaining a knock to his knee during training.

The midfielder picked up the injury during a challenge in Austria and has returned to Melwood to begin his rehabilitation with the club’s medical team.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/406193-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-austria-pre-season

Does willian threaten Pepes postion

Felt like a cheaper arsenal punt but not really on a potential non starter

We should find out more at the charity shield. Hard to see them drop their record signing

How much will Messi be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Suarez rumoured to get leaving Barca . Wonder will he go back to the premiership

Advertisement