Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Suarez rumoured to get leaving Barca . Wonder will he go back to the premiership

Past his best and apparently ajax are looking him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If you had to choose between Auba and Salah for GW1 who would you go for?

Taking into account that city/united assets will need to be brought in over GW2-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Green&Red wrote: »

Taking into account that city/united assets will need to be brought in over GW2-4

If you had to base it on how players finished the season I'd go auba, he scored 6 in his last four.

But its a hard call. Liverpool might be sluggish starting off, it's hard to replicate what they've done the last 2 seasons

If I have Salah and I think I will I'll be keeping him, If I somehow end up with Auba my plan would be to move him on for a city asset most likely.

Also Im not sure of Arteas long term plan but he seems to be on the more defensive sided of managers not just taking in games against the big sides last season but against smaller ones when they went ahead.

That could also easily change if he actually has a better defence mind.

I know Livepools first 3 on paper are slightly worse but one is Arsenal themselves and Chelsea have yet to prove they will be better defensively this season.

Have you 2 Liverpool defenders seems like 1 or 2 too many given the the chances of clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

many considering going without mane or salah ? two liverpool defenders instead maybe and free up cash ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sheffield United in talks to take Brewster on loan..sweet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

miller82 wrote: »
    many considering going without mane or salah ? two liverpool defenders instead maybe and free up cash ?

I have Trent, Robertson and Salah to start but have a planned transfer after gw 1 to swap Salah out for Bruno. I think the combination of Bruno + Robertson will yield more points than Salah and a 5.5 def

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Benimar wrote: »
    Sheffield United in talks to take Brewster on loan..sweet :-)

Good news, any idea if it will be confirmed before gw 1? I already have 3 Liverpool slots taken so cant get him in til FPL change him to sheff U

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

...FPL favourite Matt Doherty is looking like going to spurs... Will be a big move for him, and surprised the fee is not higher... Given Mourinhos style of play, I wonder will he have as many attacking returns... Also Wolves had 13 CS compared to Spurs' 8...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

...FPL favourite Matt Doherty is looking like going to spurs... Will be a big move for him, and surprised the fee is not higher... Given Mourinhos style of play, I wonder will he have as many attacking returns... Also Wolves had 13 CS compared to Spurs' 8...

I saw an average position map of Aurier and Doherty last season and they were basically the exact same. He may have less options in advanced positions in a Mourinho team but I would take 2 things into account in his favour

1) The narrative that Wolves were an exciting attacking team was not really grounded in reality. They had a few good exciting attacking players but a very defensive system.
    2) Mourinho teams have a tendency to peak in year 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    I saw an average position map of Aurier and Doherty last season and they were basically the exact same. He may have less options in advanced positions in a Mourinho team but I would take 2 things into account in his favour

1) The narrative that Wolves were an exciting attacking team was not really grounded in reality. They had a few good exciting attacking players but a very defensive system.
    Yeah I don't see a huge change in Doherty's value, he'll get the same licence to get forward (Aurier was always bombing forward last year), and as you said, Mourinho teams tend to flourish in year 2, so similar number of clean sheets. He'll surely be allowed forward for set pieces, which Aurier wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Any value in the 4.0m and 4.5m fodder options in defence and midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

letsgo2018 wrote: »

There's a whole thread about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    There's a whole thread about it.

Fallen off the first page for the time being.

Here is the link: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058104675

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Doherty had more freedom to venture in the box though compared to Aurier so that might hurt his goal output. Spurs played mainly with 4 at the back last season(with an attacking bias for the right full compared to the left back) so we need to wait and see if Mourinho is changing to wing backs now which would be better for Dohertys attacking ouput.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Transfers are melting my brain
    Stopped tinkering until we see if my team is just gonna be: TAA+Messi+whatever else fits with remaining budget

Do we think if Aurier goes that Doherty slots in straight away?

Also I seem to recall Doherty getting subbed around 60 mins a few times with Wolves in Europe, I wonder if he's able for the fixture pileup that Spurs have ahead as well.

Transfers are melting my brain
    Stopped tinkering until we see if my team is just gonna be: TAA+Messi+whatever else fits with remaining budget

Do we think if Aurier goes that Doherty slots in straight away?

Also I seem to recall Doherty getting subbed around 60 mins a few times with Wolves in Europe, I wonder if he's able for the fixture pileup that Spurs have ahead as well.

Who takes Dohertys place in the wolves 11? He seemed to rotate with Podence and Jota a bit towards the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Who takes Dohertys place in the wolves 11? He seemed to rotate with Podence and Jota a bit towards the end of the season

Maitland-Niles if they sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

They are looking to sign Valencia full back Corriera. They could play Traore as wingback too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I wonder will Jose play Doherty and Sessegnon as wing backs and with three CBs? Doherty is better attacking than he is defending so I don't really see him fitting in as an orthodox RB, particularly in a Jose team. It would certainly make Doherty an attractive option this year.

• Advertisement

One thing to note about Salah. If he blanks in GW1, the absolute arse is going to fall out of his price to the Manchester guys.

Auba also but less so because he will have captain potential in gw2

One thing to note about Salah. If he blanks in GW1, the absolute arse is going to fall out of his price to the Manchester guys.

Auba also but less so because he will have captain potential in gw2
    Any proper player isn't buying him for one GW

Shedite27 wrote: »

I’m considering him going for Bruno in GW2

Edit: Does this mean I’m not a proper player

I’m considering him going for Bruno in GW2

Edit: Does this mean I’m not a proper player
    Having a plan to ditch him on opening day is different, you’re protected from price falls then.

I’m going without Salah this year.

I’m changing tact.

But I may own him for the opening GW.

I’m changing tact.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ysh2uzdrkzn0a9xkbbh6uk4p3ip4kh3vl8sa04t7&rid=giphy.gif

Of course, but unless you’re in there for the season price drops are very relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m changing tact.

Thinking the same. I’m thinking of approaching with a high risk opening strategy & try and get into top positions early doors & try consolidate there.

Coming from way back I.e 1.5mil is well achievable , however getting in those top positions early is very difficult.

That said, going without Liverpool players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Thinking the same. I’m thinking of approaching with a high risk opening strategy & try and get into top positions early doors & try consolidate there.

Coming from way back I.e 1.5mil is well achievable , however getting in those top positions early is very difficult.

That said, going without Liverpool players.

I'm kinda contemplating going without TAA for the first few weeks.

Likely to early wildcard anyway. After Leeds game hopefully he doesnt do too much damage. Best case scenario Liverpool don't keep clean sheets early on and can pick him up for 7.3. Worst case scenario it's a hit to get him is before his price goes the other way too far.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ysh2uzdrkzn0a9xkbbh6uk4p3ip4kh3vl8sa04t7&rid=giphy.gif

Ha.

You’ll see.

Edit - like I said above. I’m changing the way i play this season. It’ll be hard as I’m taking a more back seat approach but I have to try something different to see if I can get a better finish.

Advertisement