Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m considering him going for Bruno in GW2

Edit: Does this mean I’m not a proper player

There's only 1 proper player in FPL and he plays in midfield for Brighton..... I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

This is probably asked a lot here but here goes.. what’s the best go to websites for xg, xa, xgc (individual players and teams) shot info (In the box/on target) and maybe some heat maps/ average position, previous line ups/ formations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    This is probably asked a lot here but here goes.. what’s the best go to websites for xg, xa, xgc (individual players and teams) shot info (In the box/on target) and maybe some heat maps/ average position, previous line ups/ formations?

Fantasy Football Scout Members Area

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Fantasy Football Scout Members Area

I tried it but found it difficult to navigate and find there is information overload. I’ll give it another look and see can I make sense of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ha.

You’ll see.

Edit - like I said above. I’m changing the way i play this season. It’ll be hard as I’m taking a more back seat approach but I have to try something different to see if I can get a better finish.

Same here. The game is back indecently early and I just can't get up for it. So I'm going with a low risk, safe team and will spend less time on it. I'm also playing NFL fantasy for the first time and it, or the novelty, seems much more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Great team name in the Harps league......Klich Bait. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I tried it but found it difficult to navigate and find there is information overload. I’ll give it another look and see can I make sense of it

Theres a whole lot of info but you end up just a few tools a lot of the time. Comparison tool is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

How much will Messi be?

It's an interesting one. The most expensive player currently is 12m so i can't really see him being more than 1m more than that so 13m would be my guess.

In saying that i think the most expensive player ever was 14m (Aguero a few seasons ago? Could be totally wrong. Suarez also got pretty high) so if he was priced at that it wouldn't surprise me either.

Degag wrote: »
    It's an interesting one. The most expensive player currently is 12m so i can't really see him being more than 1m more than that so 13m would be my guess.

In saying that i think the most expensive player ever was 14m (Aguero a few seasons ago? Could be totally wrong. Suarez also got pretty high) so if he was priced at that it wouldn't surprise me either.

A few players have been 14 at times think the highest was 14.2/14.3 maybe Henry or Ronaldo back in the day? I would imagine he'll come in as the most expensive if he does make the move but can't see him being that high as a forward but if they decided to make him a mid wouldn't be surprised if he was 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Degag wrote: »

A number of players have been 14m in the past. Suarez, RVP and Ronaldo I know for sure have been that price. Agüero’s max starting price was 13m.

EDIT: I imagine Henry must have been 14m in his heyday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Anybody thinking of playing sky fantasy football this season you listen to the fantasy football hub sky podcast tonight at 9

You get advice and tips from two past winners

https://youtu.be/_OJ33COodsc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anybody thinking of playing sky fantasy football this season you listen to the fantasy football hub sky podcast tonight at 9

You get advice and tips from two past winners

https://youtu.be/_OJ33COodsc

Available on Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

CSF wrote: »
    Available on Spotify?

Will be available on Spotify on Monday I think.

https://open.spotify.com/show/1h5ZzNlYxcihr0Rol1n25g?si=KaceF1oGS5eTZg0O9VQwqA

Have been giving consideration to the idea of having 3 value midfielders (2 5.5s and a 5.0) along with my 2 premium mids.

I really don’t like much of the value from 6 to 10 million in midfield and it frees up so much value to go super strong over the rest of the team.

Going with a 3rd premium mid is another option but that would involve gutting approx 6 million out of the rest of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    Have been giving consideration to the idea of having 3 value midfielders (2 5.5s and a 5.0) along with my 2 premium mids.

I really don’t like much of the value from 6 to 10 million in midfield and it frees up so much value to go super strong over the rest of the team.

Going with a 3rd premium mid is another option but that would involve gutting approx 6 million out of the rest of the team.

Mahrez is the city asset I want most, I think he’s super value and silva going should mean more settled starts, he’s why I’m hovering around Perez, Pepe, Zichek etc

Mahrez is the city asset I want most, I think he’s super value and silva going should mean more settled starts, he’s why I’m hovering around Perez, Pepe, Zichek etc
    I'm sure he will make my team at some stage. But I'm quite reluctant to shape my team around, or bench a guy in GW1 when I can't even be that confident he will start in GW2. Need to figure out what will be going on there with Foden and Fernan Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Dilva usually played deeper, I don't his departure will change much for Mahrez. Might make Gundog a more reliable FPL asset though?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I have 2 southampton players in my team currently. Just wondering if there are a better 12m combination than ward prowse and adams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I have 2 southampton players in my team currently. Just wondering if there are a better 12m combination than ward prowse and adams?

Those two "could" turn out to be decent value but too much of a risk, especially Adams. One alternative is ASM (5.5) and Antonio (6.5).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Those two "could" turn out to be decent value but too much of a risk, especially Adams. One alternative is ASM (5.5) and Antonio (6.5).

ASM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    ASM?
    Saint-Maximin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sheroman01 wrote: »

Newcastle don't score enough goals while Southampton had the 6th highest xG last season and are coming off the back of a very good restart. I don't see them as too risky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What price will donny v de beek be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Thaiago Silva (DEF - Chelsea) added at 5.5
    Koch (DEF - Leeds) added at 4.5
    Lemina (MID - Fulham) added at 4.5
    Rodrigo (FWD - Leeds) added at 6.0

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What price will donny v de beek be?

He really should be coming on quite cheap but wouldn't be surprised if he was similar to the price Fernandes came in at after he joined. Can't see him really becoming much of a factor in fpl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Rodrigo (FWD - Leeds) added at 6.0

Interesting. Anyone picking him over Mitro? Maybe both if he starts well. Premium mids, cheap FWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Interesting. Anyone picking him over Mitro? Maybe both if he starts well. Premium mids, cheap FWs.

One to watch, I don’t think he starts straight away.

4 goals in La Liga last year

Whats the story with Shaw? Is he fit for the start of the season? Will he start if he is fit?

FML FPL made a good point about Doherty. It wasn't that he was a supreme finisher that made him such a good option, it was the positioning he got into for Wolves. Nuno can replicate that player very easily, whereas if Doherty isn't given the same freedom it could have a real impact on his points. That he's not a TAA type who creates it cause he's class, a lot of it was just down to being a centre forward listed as a defender

Made a lot of sense to me, might take me away from Doherty towards Davies until I see how he goes

Also talked about Chelsea and how much they've improved their defence, I'd previously been dead against them but if I downgrade Doherty to Davies it means I go from Doherty + 4m to Davies + Reece James. Obviously depends on him starting but it has peeked my interest

• Advertisement

FML FPL made a good point about Doherty. It wasn't that he was a supreme finisher that made him such a good option, it was the positioning he got into for Wolves. Nuno can replicate that player very easily, whereas if Doherty isn't given the same freedom it could have a real impact on his points. That he's not a TAA type who creates it cause he's class, a lot of it was just down to being a centre forward listed as a defender

Made a lot of sense to me, might take me away from Doherty towards Davies until I see how he goes

Also talked about Chelsea and how much they've improved their defence, I'd previously been dead against them but if I downgrade Doherty to Davies it means I go from Doherty + 4m to Davies + Reece James. Obviously depends on him starting but it has peeked my interest
    They have nice fixtures though and Mourinho will have that team solid I think so I think it’s best of worlds. If he’d been priced what I expected him to at 6.5 I think I’d have stayed away, but I think he was underpriced in the first place which makes me more willing to consume the additional risk.

Advertisement