Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What's everyone thoughts on the opening weekend
    Should I add United and City players or avoid them till the second week when there actually playing ,

Very hard to tell who will be starting games and who won't at the start of this season ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I never get the ‘must haves’ conversation.

You’re limited to how many premium players you can get.

And I know it’s probably a boring thing to say but I can never get away from the fact that Ben Crabtree won FPL outright without owning any Liverpool player, all season, as he is a Everton fan.

I think that was the season Firmino, Coutinho and Mane did well.

He also had a top 500 finish before he won it.

The truth is not one player is a must have.

Any combo of 2-3 from a pool of 7–10 players can help you do well. It’s all about the timing.

You could go the whole season without TAA or Salah and win it.
    I think it just makes the game so much easier if you have 2/3 players who you leave alone. Just buy TAA/KDB/Salah, don't touch them, don't think about them. You won't miss any of their hauls, and you're fairly guaranteed 200+ points from each of them. There's 8 other spots then you can tamper around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

There is one place left in our €50 H2H draft just in case anyone is interested and hasn’t spotted the thread. We’re doing it tonight though so you will have to be quick.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I think it just makes the game so much easier if you have 2/3 players who you leave alone. Just buy TAA/KDB/Salah, don't touch them, don't think about them. You won't miss any of their hauls, and you're fairly guaranteed 200+ points from each of them. There's 8 other spots then you can tamper around with.

I agree with what you’re saying, to a degree, but many have jumped off Salah before a haul.

Some did the same last year with Liverpool defence before they went on a clean sheet run.

It’s easy to say get them and don’t sell them but the weekly ‘pressure’ is huge if they’re not returning because it’s a lot of money for no return.

People jump around. If Liverpool concede in their opening 3 games, likely to concede in 2, then there’ll be very few owning double Liverpool defence.

We have all been stung by selling premium players before a haul. It’s inevitable because of how intensely we play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

https://twitter.com/timspiers/status/1302900465458393088?s=21

As if things aren’t awkward enough, Vinagre rumoured to be leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »

In the post Covid I did the opposite of this, made one defensive transfer (Leno out for Martinez for a hit), just juggled the bigger hitters. Small sample size but it worked out great for me. It’s something I’ll try and do more of this year.

For that reason I’m steering clear of Vinagre, Justin, Ferguson etc. I want a playing defender sub not some punt there doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Anyone considering using Bench boost gw1 this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Depending on his price, I feel like Callum Wilson could be a trap..... and a trap I could fall right into immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

https://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/phil-foden-and-mason-greenwood-sent-home-from-england-duty-over-covid-breach-1016193.html

Will be interesting to see how their clubs view their attitudes, if they are in breach of covid rules, do they need to isolate? Or will they just be tested and if negative put into the team anyway ?

With Mahrez and laporte testing positive man city might need to review player protocols and testing schedules.

Could you guarantee all your players will play...nevermind get points ? At least later in the season you will have a better idea as to when to play your chips.

Ps. Some people keep bench boost for when there's a double gameweek (usually around gameweek 30 or so)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Depending on his price, I feel like Callum Wilson could be a trap..... and a trap I could fall right into immediately!

Not you too.

That record against West Hamis just the kind if trap I'd fall for.

And it would just seem weird not starting a season without one of Wilson or Josh King stinking up the team after you've inevitably chosen the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    But, the problem with leagues of that buyin, everyone you're competing against will be elite level. Hard to have any advantage there. Almost like entering a lottery.

You'd be surprised! For a lot of these guys this isn't even peanuts compared to what they normally play for. The reason it got shut off a bit was because word got out and a few UK players came along and won for a few years straight so anoraks were no longer allowed in you almost had to get vouched for by someone who knew you weren't a big football fan! Last few years it got a little easier because the regulars started to get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    You'd be surprised! For a lot of these guys this isn't even peanuts compared to what they normally play for.

Haha Jesus, maybe I’m entering the wrong leagues with all you highly skilled lower entry fee folk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Haha Jesus, maybe I’m entering the wrong leagues with all you highly skilled lower entry fee folk

But its much more rewarding to best a load of FSA regs than a random bunch of Americans! With the deadlines I guess we don't have quite the advantage we once did.

There is one place left in our €50 H2H draft just in case anyone is interested and hasn’t spotted the thread. We’re doing it tonight though so you will have to be quick.
    Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What site do people use for expected line ups? I used Football Fantasy Scout last year, It was OK. Just wondering if there are other good ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

James Rodriguez signs for Everton. Wonder how much he'll cost?

I assumed they were getting Burnley's Rodriguez, never expected the Colombianb would sign for Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »

I assumed they were getting Burnley's Rodriguez, never expected the Colombianb would sign for Everton
    Come on now James is no Jrod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Maybe not GW1, but definitely before I wildcard.
    Plan on starting with 2 x playing keepers and then after WC will have a set and forget + 4.0 bench.
    Ps. Some people keep bench boost for when there's a double gameweek (usually around gameweek 30 or so)

We did an experiment a few years ago and found no benefit to using BB in a DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think with out the city and united assets people (me included) are put off using it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

manual_man wrote: »
    Come on now James is no Jrod

2 jrods next season

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    2 jrods next season

Can we call him Hayrod....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

siblers wrote: »

Throwback to this gem.

DgC29PdX0AIsdk2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Has JamRod done anything remotely significant since the 2014 World Cup?

Cartman78 wrote: »

Hat trick against spurs next week ! Lol ... He was pretty much left to rot ...so answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cartman78 wrote: »

52 goals and 62 assists in 6 years for madrid and Munich isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SJIII

Throwback to this gem.

DgC29PdX0AIsdk2.jpg

Always makes me laugh that, absolutely terrible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

He's a player I'd keep an eye on. Also depends on price aswell. But the issue I have is he plays for Everton. So many times I've owned Everton attacking players and I've been let down.

• Advertisement

Shame Digne has been priced at 6.0m.

Could have been worth a punt at 5.5m (at the very most).

Advertisement