Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Just over a year ago Bayern were considering exercising his (James) buy-out option for over 40 million euro, but he asked them not to because he wanted to be a guaranteed starter.

If Bayern were considering keeping him it's fair to say he could be brilliant for Everton if he adapts, and he obviously has a strong connection with Ancelotti, who it seems is always trying to sign him for any club he goes to. It'll be interesting to see how he's priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What price James rod come in at ya reckon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What price James rod come in at ya reckon ?
    I guess 8m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

manual_man wrote: »
    I guess 8m

7.5m confirmed

Will he start the season im interested but not sure i see him starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ampadu in at 4.5.

Can play at CB or CM.

https://twitter.com/SheffieldUnited/status/1303290574880018432?s=19

Sheffield United other 2 signings also both in at 4.5

https://twitter.com/SheffieldUnited/status/1303289412546179079?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Ampadu as a 4.5 def might be worth considering. I reckon he was signed to play mostly in midfield for SheffU as they have very few options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Ampadu as a 4.5 def might be worth considering. I reckon he was signed to play mostly in midfield for SheffU as they have very few options there.

A bit risky getting him in at the start I reckon. He won't be a 1st choice CB, or can't see him replacing Fleck, Berge, or Norwood.

Not sure he will get many minutes. Could be wrong though. One to monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    A bit risky getting him in at the start I reckon. He won't be a 1st choice CB, or can't see him replacing Fleck, Berge, or Norwood.

Not sure he will get many minutes. Could be wrong though. One to monitor

No I wouldn't be go near him for GW1, very unlikely to start now I'd say. An injury or he might work his way to a starter in midfield, in which case he could be an oop option. Not worth a punt now but one to monitor, as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Depending on his price, I feel like Callum Wilson could be a trap..... and a trap I could fall right into immediately!

Like a moth to a flame :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seems a fairly easy decision for me
    1. Wilson, Soucek + €0.5
    2. Antonio, ASM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/1303359241873510400?s=20

Every game televised in September, no excuses now to miss any game FPL wise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Seems a fairly easy decision for me
    1. Wilson, Soucek + €0.5
    2. Antonio, ASM

Only thing about Soucek is he's in quarantine. He's in my draft currently though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Only thing about Soucek is he's in quarantine. He's in my draft currently though
    Yeah, I'm not convinced he'll still be in Quarrantine on Saturday but having missed a week of training he mightn't play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Anyone going double Chelsea attack from the start? I can see myself having triple Chelsea attack when Pulisic is back fit. They look underpriced to me especially the midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Anyone going double Chelsea attack from the start? I can see myself having triple Chelsea attack when Pulisic is back fit. They look underpriced to me especially the midfielders.

Captaining Werner GW1 but can see me getting a second after GW2

Green&Red wrote: »
    Captaining Werner GW1 but can see me getting a second after GW2

Just had a look there and you could easily have Robertson, TAA, De Bruyne, Fernandes , Havertz, Pulisic and Werner all in 1 team without messing the rest of the team up. It looks very tempting.

I brought in Havertz for Son in my latest draft, haven't seen him in much teams but I'm a big fan

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I brought in Havertz for Son in my latest draft, haven't seen him in much teams but I'm a big fan

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll use Havertz. Hopefully it will be a central attacking role behind Werner but I'm not sure Lampard will ditch Abraham to the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just had a look there and you could easily have Robertson, TAA, De Bruyne, Fernandes , Havertz, Pulisic and Werner all in 1 team without messing the rest of the team up. It looks very tempting.

I think the Chelsea mids will be great value but it’s knowing who will be playing. Pulisic is the one I’d be looking at along with Werner once he’s fit

Edit: having said all that we were in the exact same position this time last year talking about RLC and CHO. Just that these lads are better players

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You have two unknowns really in that team - Havertz/Werner may need time to settle, and with the squad death that Lampard has - will they start GW1 and play the full 90 mins?

Auba being oop is probably a player you'll want to have - 22 goals in last 2 seasons, plus assists, and now going to have the CS point. Yes it's Arsenal, and yes he's a FF troll, but he has the history whereas there is no guarantee that the 2 Chelsea lads you mention will hit the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll use Havertz. Hopefully it will be a central attacking role behind Werner but I'm not sure Lampard will ditch Abraham to the bench.

Giroud was favoured over Abraham towards end of last season and he scored again tonight, whereas Abraham didn't even get a run out.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think the Chelsea mids will be great value but it’s knowing who will be playing. Pulisic is the one I’d be looking at along with Werner once he’s fit

Edit: having said all that we were in the exact same position this time last year talking about RLC and CHO. Just that these lads are better players

Pulisic and Werner are definitely the safe picks. It's hard to know yet if Havertz will play every week.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Giroud was favoured over Abraham towards end of last season and he scored again tonight, whereas Abraham didn't even get a run out.

Yea good point. I was thinking more along the lines of will he play Werner with a target man or as the main centre forward. I don't think Giroud and Abraham will be fpl options this season

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You have two unknowns really in that team - Havertz/Werner may need time to settle, and with the squad death that Lampard has - will they start GW1 and play the full 90 mins?

Auba being oop is probably a player you'll want to have - 22 goals in last 2 seasons, plus assists, and now going to have the CS point. Yes it's Arsenal, and yes he's a FF troll, but he has the history whereas there is no guarantee that the 2 Chelsea lads you mention will hit the ground running.

Werner has been a lock in my team from the very beginning fwiw. I think he'll hit the ground running. What a player and could make a mockery of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pulisic and Werner are definitely the safe picks. It's hard to know yet if Havertz will play every week.

Havertz is a record signing. I would be surprised if he was ten minute cameo player

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Havertz is a record signing. I would be surprised if he was ten minute cameo player

He won’t be, but he might start out that way.

He has only turned 21 in the last few months, you could see in the Bundesliga post-lockdown how much ability he has, but also how much developing he has left to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Havertz will start every game when fit. The only question mark will be will he start GW1. Best to wait for Frank's presser for more info.

Advertisement