Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Green&Red wrote: »
    Adams

I know he looked decent post lockdown but he is 1 in 4 for Birmingham and 1 in 7 for Southampton.

Would much rather Mitro who will be the focal point of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

chris445 wrote: »
    I thought that at first too but only 3 points between them last season.
    I do think Robertsons ceiling is higher though.
    More minutes for Van Dijk by quite a bit. VVD is more reliable for minutes but if you have Robertson at the right times you will be doing better. Sometimes, that is easier said than done, but as we've seen Robertson outscores VVD even with less minutes and recently he is on set pieces more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone seen a team with vvd-taa-robbo in it?

manual_man wrote: »
    No, its an ok high risk/high reward strategy for someone who prefers Auba and the Manchester assets to Salah/Mane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking of going with Callum Robinson at 5.5 - my cheap striker who will prob be on my bench most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

If Messi had come to City would have been even more viable.. hard to go without Salah/Mane as captaincy options.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m thinking of going with Callum Robinson at 5.5 - my cheap striker who will prob be on my bench most of the time

If he is going to be on your bench most of the time, would you not just pick one of the 4.5 strikers and use the 1.0 elsewhere?

What's the difference in a 4.5 being 2nd sub on your bench a 5.5 being 2nd sub on your bench? They both won't contribute most of the time.

What do we think of Pereira as a gw1 punt? Possible good gw1 score and early price rise bandwagon? Have 8m to spend if I want. Already have Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Fitz* wrote: »
    If he is going to be on your bench most of the time, would you not just pick one of the 4.5 strikers and use the 1.0 elsewhere?

What's the difference in a 4.5 being 2nd sub on your bench a 5.5 being 2nd sub on your bench? They both won't contribute most of the time.

2/5 defenders are not definite starters . And I think with covid the bench will be important. Not sure if any striker cheaper than 5.5 will start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

@Klopp or any other Liverpool people

How likely is Minamino to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'm thinking of mostly playing with one up front (Werner to start with) and then Callum Robinson who can come in as needed and a bench fodder striker. Lots of points potential from big hitters in midfield, thats where I'll focus the funds.

@Klopp or any other Liverpool people

How likely is Minamino to start?

Unlikely but first attacking sub on.

None of the front three traveled for international

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Unlikely but first attacking sub on.

None of the front three traveled for international

I would have thought if he was starting he'd be in the second line of three?

I would have thought if he was starting he'd be in the second line of three?

If he is starting, that is where he will start - but it would be "un-Klopp" to change the system for the first game of the season.

Was including a front 4 as attacking sub as if he is starting its a clear 4-2-1-3

Liverpool did play that formation in the last pre-season friendly though

I can't see Minamino starting the first game but he will probably get a good few starts with rotation and the need to rest players in a more congested than normal season. I don't think he is a good FPL option unless one of the established front three get injured.

If Messi had come to City would have been even more viable.. hard to go without Salah/Mane as captaincy options.

Is it though? TAA is very arguably a good captain pick

McCarthy
    TAA VVD Robbo Doherty
    Mahrez Pulisic Alli
    Werner Ings Jimenez

Midfield could easily be chopped and changed eg. Son + 2x 8m or Son + 8m + 7.5m. There are many tempting options in the 7.5m to 9m range.

Plus the advantage of having triple Liv defense is you can be happy to just leave them there and leave your transfer activity to your attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    2/5 defenders are not definite starters . And I think with covid the bench will be important. Not sure if any striker cheaper than 5.5 will start

I'd try and find 0.5m and upgrade if i were you. Few decent options at 6m

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of mostly playing with one up front (Werner to start with) and then Callum Robinson who can come in as needed and a bench fodder striker. Lots of points potential from big hitters in midfield, thats where I'll focus the funds.

I feel the template this year could easily end up:
    three top strikers in the 8.5 to 10.5 range.
    3/4 top defenders in the 6 to 7.5 range and
    3/4 mids in the 7.5 to 9 range

The value up front is there with 8.5 ings and Jimenez touching 200 points last season. About 40 points off Salah. Aguero and Kane at 10.5, excellent value if they are fit and firing. Werner at 9.5 is a bargain imo.

The value in midfield could be amazing. It’s not clear yet so it’s safest to keep a balanced team to start, for me that’s 2 premium defenders, 2 premium Price and 1 mid priced in midfield and a premium striker.

After 3/4 game weeks If a number of the below players (7.5 to 10.5) are returning I might rip up my team and Wildcard!!

havertz, pulisic, ziyek, alli, son, Greenwood, martial, ings, Jimenez, Kane, Aguero, vardy and Werner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'm personally happy with my team over all the only decision I'm not sure on is southhamptons adams or westhams Antonio. I know Antonio is 0.5m more but I can afford him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

The Pulisic news has thrown me. Now deciding between Kane/Zaha (or equivalent 7m mid) and Pulisic/Son.

I'd have a 4.5 FW instead of MF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Pulisic news has thrown me. Now deciding between Kane/Zaha (or equivalent 7m mid) and Pulisic/Son.

If Pulisic is defo going to start I'd prefer him and Son.

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I feel the template this year could easily end up:
    three top strikers in the 8.5 to 10.5 range.
    3/4 top defenders in the 6 to 7.5 range and
    3/4 mids in the 7.5 to 9 range

The value up front is there with 8.5 ings and Jimenez touching 200 points last season. About 40 points off Salah. Aguero and Kane at 10.5, excellent value if they are fit and firing. Werner at 9.5 is a bargain imo.

The value in midfield could be amazing. It’s not clear yet so it’s safest to keep a balanced team to start, for me that’s 2 premium defenders, 2 premium Price and 1 mid priced in midfield and a premium striker.

After 3/4 game weeks If a number of the below players (7.5 to 10.5) are returning I might rip up my team and Wildcard!!

havertz, pulisic, ziyek, alli, son, Greenwood, martial, ings, Jimenez, Kane, Aguero, vardy and Werner

There will certainly be good value to be had in some of the mid-priced mids but knowing which ones is the problem. I am happy to start with a few premiums and it is easy to switch to a cheaper player if some they look like delivering better scores. There is the risk if funds are spread fairly equally that you are are 0.5/1 short of the player you want and need two transfers to get him.

Just on Jimi, I feel him and Wolves might disappoint this season. They have gotten weaker while those around them have strengthened. No Doherty or Jonny to supply Jimi and everyone will be prepared for Traore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Hadn’t considered it, but having a look at it, it could be an option, although the weeks they concede would be a bit of a head wreck.
    Taa, Robertson and Vvd racked up an impressive 568pts last season, 606pts the season before. A repeat of that wouldn’t be too bad a return for 21m.

I know there’s no certainty they’ll score the same this season, but last season included 9 games with Adrian between the sticks with 2 clean sheets, wheras they kept 13 clean sheets in the 27 games Allison played in goal.

If they kept up similar performance to the last 2 seasons could be looking at a 600+ return

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is a punt on Bellerin a terrible idea? Anearly wildy might be likely anyway and the first 2 fixtures are very nice. 5.0 and attacking return possibilities.

I know they might sell but they're asking for about 50m, showing how highly they value him.
    He started the Community Shield and imo is a top attacking right back, a superb player

Not the safest pick but i think i have space for this a possible high reward punt. Not seeing him mentioned at all however in any teams

Morzadec wrote: »
    Is a punt on Bellerin a terrible idea? Anearly wildy might be likely anyway and the first 2 fixtures are very nice. 5.0 and attacking return possibilities.

I know they might sell but they're asking for about 50m, showing how highly they value him.
    He started the Community Shield and imo is a top attacking right back, a superb player

Not the safest pick but i think i have space for this a possible high reward punt. Not seeing him mentioned at all however in any teams

I don't think it is that high reward actually, but certainly is high risk. Clubs always look to get as much as they can for a player they are selling, the fact they are willing to listen to offers suggestions he is not assured of his place if he stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morzadec wrote: »

3 tough away fixtures in the first 7/8 games puts me off. Injury prone too and Maitland-Niles could also get games at right back and soares too. I'd prefer Tierney

eh i dunno wrote: »
    3 tough away fixtures in the first 7/8 games puts me off. Injury prone too and Maitland-Niles could also get games at right back and soares too. I'd prefer Tierney
    Been some rumors Bellerin is a target of Barcelona too

Uugghhh why is Reece James feeling like the best idea ever

Uugghhh why is Reece James feeling like the best idea ever
    He has really good xA stats if he actually starts consistently. If not, and we suddenly get news of Chilwell coming back, its a transfer you don't want to have to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

What is the pulisic news? I see he’s still flagged at 50% on the website

Advertisement