Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    Not something I've seen mentioned with Salah, but do we think Lovren's departure could affect his form? It was well documented they were best friends

I suppose it meant he didn't need to score as many extra goals now that Lovren wasn't giving then away at the other end

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I’ve seen a lot of Armstrong and Saint-Maximin in times, surprised at no love for Klich?

A 5.5m on pens is an attractive asset imo

16 goals and 14 assists in the last two seasons

Leeds have a tough run (would you be getting in a player mid-season if they'd Liverpool, SU (away), Man City and Wolves in their next 4).

Also, Championship stats aren't as impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

In regards Everton from a fan perspective it's going to be an interesting season. But unfortunately I fully expect James and Allen to get injured and for us to be back with Tom Davies and Siggy :pac:

FPL wise. I'm not looking at much Everton players yet. Especially with the opening away to Spurs. Tends to be a 1-1 or low scoring game.

If I was feeling risky I suppose I would have James.

As much as I love Digne in FPL he's just not an option right now. There's to many potential points of failure for me :

- Priced higher than expected
    - Likely to be booked
    - Likely to concede with Pickford in goal
    - Potentially on less set pieces with James

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

Is James likely to start do you think????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tyres wrote: »
    Is James likely to start do you think????

Daniel, Reece or Rodriguez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Someone called him it here a few days ago and I think we should stick with calling him JamRod, could be a bit of craic when the price change thread gets going too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Someone called him it here a few days ago and I think we should stick with calling him JamRod, could be a bit of craic when the price change thread gets going too!

Even shorter again what about Jaz. Would make more sense if Carlo can get a tune out of him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Very interested in Newcastle attack now they have got a solid finisher in C.Wilson.

Had Almiron for a good stretch last year and he always looked dangerous. I know AMS impressed in the final run of the league.

Comparing the two what do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hamrod for life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Aaron Connolly looks to be number 7 this season judging by his insta. Only 5.5 if he starts most weeks could be good value with lack of options at that price

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I know AMS impressed in the final run of the league.

Comparing the two what do you guys think?
    have a look at this thread at where ASM got his points last year, mainly playing v 10 men or lucky deflections

https://twitter.com/identityjohndoe/status/1302889717114056705?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

... Had floated the idea of a triple Liv DEF... Points per M they are probably all in the top 5 in the league... 2 issues with that is you're immediately ruling out their attacking returns, but mostly- it is quite likely that there will be match postponements this season... If you have 3 liverpool players in one position , you'll be badly stuck for players...At least if only 2 def you'll likely have 1 other premium, 1 medium, and then 1 transfer to have your back 3... I'm going all out for GW 1, with nothing on the bench...But have it set so in 3 GWs I'll have pretty much my team for the season (keeping one of Aubameyang Salah and Mane will be my big decision)... Probably the 1st season I'm planning to have my 1st 2 subs players that I'd happily have in my team...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    have a look at this thread at where ASM got his points last year, mainly playing v 10 men or lucky deflections

100%, outscored by Shelvey.

He is entertaining though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Has to be HamRod (look it up on Urban Dictionary!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Currently falling into the trap of selecting Cilson over Mitrovic.

EDIT: back out of that trap!

Have money to spare after switching Minamino -> Kilch. I kind of still want to include Minamino but I think he will only start 1 of the first 3 games so it really would only be a 1 week punt. The same price as Greenwood though, so an easy transfer there and entry into Utd team.

It’s a real shame (and surprise to me) that Reece James isn’t nailed.

If Lampard didn’t put Azpilicueta central last season then he’ll never do it.

Kante in front of - James, Azpilicueta, Silva, Chilwell looks pretty good to me.

I’m guessing Azpilicueta will fill in at LB til Chilwell is available but then who knows what happens to the RB slot. Maybe James will get a chance to cement it while Chilwell is out but Azpilicueta could easily be moved across to RB at that stage.

Anyone with a better understanding of the Chelsea FB slots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Might find it easier to look at the graphic when trying to figure out the 4.5 pairings:

https://twitter.com/legomane_fpl/status/1303768712072310786?s=21

Anyone care to hazzard a guess what wolves will do with the RWB slot.

Im currently considering neto looked good in a few games i saw he played but far from a guaranteed starter.

But if Traore got converted into that spot then there is room for him higher up the pitch.

Wolves have good fixtures also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Saw rumours of Brewster to Swansea on Twitter earlier😩

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

PEA + fodder or Ings + Pepe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Might find it easier to look at the graphic when trying to figure out the 4.5 pairings:

https://twitter.com/legomane_fpl/status/1303768712072310786?s=21

Thanks for that. Taylor and Lacellies it is

While they rotate well I’m not sure of the merit of having more than 1 newcastle player in the squad seeing as alot will have ASM or Wilson

Watkins in at 6m. Could represent some good value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »

I'm biased, so I like this counter argument:

"He missed 14 games via injuries, which meant he only started 20 PL games. Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt there given it was his 1st season. He also started 34 L1 games for Nice in 18/19 and no history of injuries.
    Wilson is on a different level to Joelinton."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

All of ASM's points came at the end of the season which means he's finding form. 24, ideal age to step up.

Has Wilson who can actually find the net.

Main attacking spark in his team.

Better Xg/Xa than any nailed starters in his price bracket.

Armstrong the best alternative but i prefer Adams as a cheap attacking Saints asset (due to value and lack of strikers) and don't want to over invest in Soton.

Keita might be the other one who interests me at that price but I've no Pool spots and he's not nailed. Otherwise maybe an upgrade to Trossard or Pereira but not sure they justify the extra 0.5 (though I've a sneaky suspicion Tross could come good).

That's my train of thought on having ASM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

All of ASM's points came at the end of the season which means he's finding form. 24, ideal age to step up.

Has Wilson who can actually find the net.

Main attacking spark in his team.

Better Xg/Xa than any nailed starters in his price bracket.

Armstrong the best alternative but i prefer Adams as a cheap attacking Saints asset (due to value and lack of strikers) and don't want to over invest in Soton.

Keita might be the other one who interests me at that price but I've no Pool spots and he's not nailed. Otherwise maybe an upgrade to Trossard or Pereira but not sure they justify the extra 0.5 (though I've a sneaky suspicion Tross could come good).

That's my train of thought on having ASM

Morzadec wrote: »
    All of ASM's points came at the end of the season which means he's finding form.

Can you really say he is finding form with a six week break to the last game?

Morzadec wrote: »
    All of ASM's points came at the end of the season which means he's finding form.

Can you really say he is finding form with a six week break to the last game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is Doherty worth 1m over Ben Davies??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is Doherty worth 1m over Ben Davies??

Advertisement