Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

Is Tierney going to get many assists playing in his position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fitz* wrote: »
    Could go with Bavies this week and if he gets a clean sheet, he will 6 points. Which is better than Shaw's 0. Shaw does have better fixtures long term, on paper though. Even a -4 to get Shaw in for Bavies in GW2 would have a net score of 2 points gained if they both receive the same score in GW2.

Is Shaw certain to start? Lindelof is probably more likely.

That math only works if he doesnt have a sub to come in for Shaw and goes with 10 players.

Shaws zero plus whatever the sub scores.

Are we in any doubt as to whether Doherty starts for Spurs at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FHFC wrote: »
    Are we in any doubt as to whether Doherty starts for Wolves at the weekend?

Definitely won't happen

You heard it here first

Definitely won't happen

You heard it here first

Dammit, you beat my ninja edit. :D

• Advertisement

For any Ryan owners

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesbenge/status/1304447875112468481

Brighton bidding for Martinez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I presume its ok to register two different teams under two different email addresses?

I presume its ok to register two different teams under two different email addresses?

Unless you win it....

I'm liking Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Unless you win it....

knowing my luck :D. I want to enter a seperate team in a H2H league but dont want any comeback and be disqualified etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Unless you win it....

why what happens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »

Must have been told he won't be number one at Arsenal and doesn't want to play second fiddle again -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempts me to go with Leno now along woth a 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd rather have two starting keepers for the same price. If only going with one starting keeper, it's better to go with a 4.5 and spend the 0.5 elsewhere or pay a bit extra for a reliable set and forget keeper. I'd see the logic in limiting yourself to one keeper for a team with a questionable defense when you can have two for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Went playing around there. Martinez will be a starting 4.5 now. So I could switch him in for Ramsdale. Ryan got plenty of save points last season, and Martinez is a good keeper so I would hope he can replicate that Ryan season points wise.

Saving the 0.5 is tempting me to upgrade Holding -> Tierney. But to do this I need to downgrade Son-> Alli.

Or do Lascelles -> Egan and keep Son.

It's basically moving around defenders from the same clubs really. Keep my Arsenal & SHU defenders but switch Newcastle for Brighton which would be similar enough anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Very little love for Dacoure, am i missing something, seems like good value :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Rockfish wrote: »
    Very little love for Dacoure, am i missing something, seems like good value :confused:

Potentially good value yes but I'd give them a couple of weeks to see how he and Everton are going before jumping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

(Mccarthy) Lloris /TAA / Robo / Son

or

(Mccarthy) Ryan /TAA / Doherty / Salah

advice appreciated

As.long as you don't confess to it on a public internet forum.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I'm liking Andy Carroll.

weirdo

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It isn't. The chances of getting caught for it are low. However, the chances are probably higher than getting caught saying ropey stuff by FPL in some private group chat. Especially now you've already posted about it on the Internet. Would steer clear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Surprised Arteta isn't sticking with Martinez, he was very good last season

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »
    He was. But Leno was also very good before getting injured and he was the number 1 so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

manual_man wrote: »
    He was. But Leno was also very good before getting injured and he was the number 1 so...

Not sure which Leno you were watching... he's a liability... Good shot stopper, but always prone to mistakes... Arsenal were much more solid with Martinez in goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

siblers wrote: »

He’s been talked about like he was Dino Zoff, he really wasn’t. 3 CS out of 9 games, 1BPS and 3 save points.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Arealred

Who would you pick between

A. Robertson and Doherty vs
    B. TAA and Tierney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Arealred wrote: »
    Who would you pick between

A. Robertson and Doherty vs
    B. TAA and Tierney

B

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Arealred

B

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I reckon I will be on Leno.

I ran through a sim for first 10 GWs (surely I'll have wildcarded by that point anyway) to see which of Arsenal, Sheff United or Southampton and Brighton rotated (my preferred 4.5 rotation if I went that way) I would want to play the most weeks.

Seems Arsenal/4.0 is my preferred use of a 9.0 keeper budget. I've heard lots of talk about COVID risk, but in one specific position, how many points in a season would that actually leave you worse off. Playing scared often leads you to make mathematical plays.

Advertisement