Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Will Havertz start could be good value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Will Havertz start could be good value

Pulisic is the same price and was ruled fit if you are on the fence
    I think Havertz will play but maybe not the full 90 this week seeing as he was a late addition but I think he'll be great, Frank said he can play him in a few different positions so that hopefully means more minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pulisic is the same price and was ruled fit if you are on the fence
    I think Havertz will play but maybe not the full 90 this week seeing as he was a late addition but I think he'll be great, Frank said he can play him in a few different positions so that hopefully means more minutes

I think I'm leaning toward son for week 1 with question marks on Havertz and Pulisic minutes (could see Havertz start and come off, and Pulisic to come on). Easy move then to Son to one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

titan18 wrote:
    I think I'm leaning toward son for week 1 with question marks on Havertz and Pulisic minutes (could see Havertz start and come off, and Pulisic to come on). Easy move then to Son to one of them

I'd so with Son over Kane or Alli for Spurs cover.

Kane was delayed joining up with rest of squad for preseason when he had to quarantine for 14 days upon return from a holiday in Barbados, he missed 1 or 2 of their 3 pre season friendlies but has played for the national team twice.

Son on the other hand has been involved in all preseason training and matches and playing extremely well.

Alli I'd avoid altogether personally, I'm not even sure he'll start and will be under pressure to hold down a place if he does.

I'd so with Son over Kane or Alli for Spurs cover.

Kane was delayed joining up with rest of squad for preseason when he had to quarantine for 14 days upon return from a holiday in Barbados, he missed 1 or 2 of their 3 pre season friendlies but has played for the national team twice.

Son on the other hand has been involved in all preseason training and matches and playing extremely well.

Alli I'd avoid altogether personally, I'm not even sure he'll start and will be under pressure to hold down a place if he does.

Ya, I've Son for Spurs and Werner for Chelsea. I'd go Pulisic if he was 100% fit and had Havertz earlier, but leaning towards Son now

• Advertisement

https://statsbomb.com/2020/09/the-statsbomb-premier-league-season-previews-2020-21/

Some good reading if you've nothing better to be doing of a Friday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What are people doing regarding City, Utd, Burnely and Villa players? I was planning on getting them in and just take the pain if I end up with less than 11 starters

siblers wrote: »
    What are people doing regarding City, Utd, Burnely and Villa players? I was planning on getting them in and just take the pain if I end up with less than 11 starters

I've Taylor in from burnley but the United/city guys are too expensive to take the hit for the week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Any news on Soucek ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Any news on Soucek ?

He’s available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Wilson (6.5)

or

Mitrovic (6.0)

Will Wilson hit the ground running with Newcastle and is Mitrovic capable of showing the same form in the premiership that he produced in the championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Any news on Soucek ?

Sounds like you forgot Soucek the rest of the thread

:cool:

I'll get my coat

The Dench wrote: »
    Wilson (6.5)

or

Mitrovic (6.0)

Will Wilson hit the ground running with Newcastle and is Mitrovic capable of showing the same form in the premiership that he produced in the championship?

Scored 11 goals 2 years ago in it and is a better player now imo, and Fulham might not be as bad.

I could see him score close to 15 goals which puts him in DCL, Wood terrrority but cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

any indication of whose likely to be in goals for AV,bench fodder

27 % of people will have 11.5 million on the bench as it stands (KDB is 27% owned)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

27 % of people will have 11.5 million on the bench as it stands (KDB is 27% owned)

Bruno near enough that percentage too
    TAA heavily owned at 56%
    Surprisingly Mane only around 13%

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I certainly don't remember having 23.5 million sitting on my bench before in a GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    I certainly don't remember having 23.5 million sitting on my bench before in a GW.

I'm going to bench them too. Dont think it's worth wasting the transfer and definitely not worth wildcarding for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

holding or KWP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

miller82 wrote: »
    holding or KWP ?

KWP. More nailed on over the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Pete_Cavan wrote:
    I'd rather have two starting keepers for the same price. If only going with one starting keeper, it's better to go with a 4.5 and spend the 0.5 elsewhere or pay a bit extra for a reliable set and forget keeper. I'd see the logic in limiting yourself to one keeper for a team with a questionable defense when you can have two for the same price.

Dont like going with 2 cheap GK as its hard to pick the right player most weeks. Think Arsenal will be solid enough defensively this season so think Leno could be good value

I liked the advantage that early team news gave, but I am for sure looking forward to the extra half hour between deadline and when the football starts. Good proper walk before settling into a day of it (to be fair there is zero chance I watch Crystal Palace v Southampton)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

the extra half hour between deadline and when the football starts.

COMPLETELY forgot about that!! Thanks for the reminder :)

COMPLETELY forgot about that!! Thanks for the reminder :)

Haha not a bother, id like to think you weren’t going to miss the first deadline in any case though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s like Xmas eve
    Without kids and Santa coming
    :(

Enjoy the season folks
    Unfollows forum
    Cries a little

km79 wrote: »
    It’s like Xmas eve
    Without kids and Santa coming
    :(

Enjoy the season folks
    Unfollows forum
    Cries a little

There’s still 11 hours and 15 minutes to reverse this travesty

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Trey13

Hope everyone here has a good season. Got involved with the thread towards the end last year and I love the energy here.

On a personal note I’m aiming to get top 100k. Haven’t been good the last few years before coming top 50k consistently.

I plan on having TAA/VVD+ one other Salah/KDB as set and forgets for the season.
    I’m also looking to avoid taking so many points hits.
    And I need to get my captain picks right. Sounds easy but I think if I can get all them right I’ll have a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Haha not a bother, id like to think you weren’t going to miss the first deadline in any case though!!!

I'm a night owl. There was every chance I'd wake up at 11 ready to make some last-minute changes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Considering sticking Bruno on the bench from the start....would that be madness?

Rest of Midfield is currently Salah,Son,Soucek and Reed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

There’s still 11 hours and 15 minutes to reverse this travesty

What’s the story here?

Advertisement