Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ScummyMan wrote: »
    They were with the squad up until 45 mins before kick off.

Wolves fixture at the week surely a big risk now

Seems odd to have the game tonight go ahead but the one at the weekend be off. But could happen yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

David Moyes and two West Ham players have tested positive for Covid-19.

EDIT: They got the news during their Carabao Cup match tonight and had to leave the game immediately.

Link for those that want to read it

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54258226

Kinda feel like just wildcarding in every peno taker this year, given what the handball rule looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

CSF wrote: »
    Seems odd to have the game tonight go ahead but the one at the weekend be off. But could happen yeah.

Surely the whole first team squad are deemed close contacts and have to isolate?

Or maybe in PL testing overrules that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Im starting burke against leads, as Sheff utd will look to counter and leeds look slightly porous at the back.

(obvious caveat he might not start)

I personally would bench mitchell I think, higher ceiling on KWP
    Interesting. KWP is probably more likely for assists. Although they both got one at the weekend. Burnley probably have less attack threat too than Everton. KWP it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wolves game unlikely to be postponed according to the Athletic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »

Is that good or a disaster for those of us on wildcard. I'm not quite sure!

stephenl15 wrote: »

Wait, just looked up article on the Athletic and it says the opposite. Where did you see that?

"West Ham face Wolves in the Premier League on sunday but that game is not likely to be postponed - more than two players and a manager have to test positive for that to be a possibility."

Updated 22mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Your both saying the same thing, game won’t be postponed.

AdpRo wrote: »
    Your both saying the same thing, game won’t be postponed.

Ah sorry. Misread the first post as 'likely to be postponed". Sorry Stephen!

• Advertisement

Players to be tested so if more positives emerge then I guess it could still be in doubt.

Edit. Even that looks unlikely based on this report from before season kicked off.

Need to have less than 14 players incl u21s available for there to be a postponement. (Disclaimer it's the Mail)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8703815/Premier-League-clubs-warned-matches-NOT-called-squad-suffers-covid-19-outbreak.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    Wait, just looked up article on the Athletic and it says the opposite. Where did you see that?

"West Ham face Wolves in the Premier League on sunday but that game is not likely to be postponed - more than two players and a manager have to test positive for that to be a possibility."

Updated 22mins ago.

So if one other player was to test positive from West Ham, they game could be off?

I assume that all players would have to get retested? Given that they travel in the same vehicles and would have been part of the squad?

Sh!t enough buzz if you have wolves players or on WC and thinking of brining them in. Of if you had Antonio or the Soucek lad

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So if one other player was to test positive from West Ham, they game could be off?

I assume that all players would have to get retested? Given that they travel in the same vehicles and would have been part of the squad?

Sh!t enough buzz if you have wolves players or on WC and thinking of brining them in. Of if you had Antonio or the Sourek lad

See edited post above. Reports suggest that there would need to be a massive wipeout for a postponement.

If a couple more positives detected we could have wolves vs a very understrenght WHU.

FHFC wrote: »
    See edited post above. Reports suggest that there would need to be a massive wipeout for a postponement.

If a couple more positives detected we could have wolves vs a very understrenght WHU.

could they get much more understrength :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What does Semedo signing for wolves mean?

The back 3 of Boly, Saiss and Cody should remain unchanged or could he possibly replace Saiss?

Or is it more likely that he replaces Traore at RWB? If that is the case, who will then lose their place? Neto? Podence?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gus Ivey wrote: »

The back 3 of Boly, Saiss and Cody should remain unchanged or could he possibly replace Saiss?

Or is it more likely that he replaces Traore at RWB? If that is the case, who will then lose their place? Neto? Podence?

Hard to tell. Traore was an impact sub last season so might be back to that role for him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There was a piece in the Athletic talking about Wolves' style of play moving forward after selling Jota. The writer was saying that there was an aim for Wolves to move towards are more possession based game, instead of counter attacking being the primary tactic.

https://theathletic.com/2077269/2020/09/19/liverpool-wolves-jota-diogo-diego/
    More importantly, Wolves’ style is evolving. Their swashbuckling counter-attacks will always be there, but Nuno doesn’t want those counter-attacks to define how his team score goals. He wants more possession, he wants to dominate opponents from back to front, from minute one to minute 90. Wolves are changing.

Jota is perhaps the ultimate counter-attacking player and Wolves believe that different players (Podence and Neto for a start, but in time Fabio Silva and future signings) will be better suited to the new style.

IMO, that could actually mean that Traore is the one to lose out, and he is only used as an impact sub most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was reading a thread on Reddit, consensus seemed to be that if Traore is pushed up, it's likely Neto would be the one to lose out. Since I've just picked up Podence I'm choosing to believe that :D

I was reading a thread on Reddit, consensus seemed to be that if Traore is pushed up, it's likely Neto would be the one to lose out. Since I've just picked up Podence I'm choosing to believe that :D

Theres also a school of thought that Traore misses out and goes back to being impact sub as Wolves look to develop their possession game.

Been reading loads about Prodence and he seems very highly rated, the Athletic Wolves correspondent was raving about him preseason and expecting big things from him.

Also against City it was Neto who was subbed, while Prodence stayed on, nutmegged KDB and got an assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1308788731567124480?s=19

It's impossible to have a differential anymore. I forgot how much I hated that account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »
    could they get much more understrength :D:D

Actually think their 2nd team is better then their 1st

It's impossible to have a differential anymore. I forgot how much I hated that account.

If ya have Johnstone you have a differential - despite the initial love on this forum, his overall ownership of 0.7% for a first choice goalkeeper - is near unbelievable in a game with 7m players:(:(
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Actually think their 2nd team is better then their 1st

Was reading an article today and O'Sullivan said that they can't get anyone in that the manger wants and that they are missing the gate receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah that assist against City actually really annoyed me because he may well have flown under the radar without it and I was 100% bringing him in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Currently have Justin as one of my bargain basement defenders....am on Wildcard so half considering bringing in Castagne as he looks like he will be a Doherty type player hoovering up points this Season....is he an OOP at moment?...…..know he has gone up .1.....just wondering do people think Justin will hold onto his place longterm?......he has started very well.

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently have Justin as one of my bargain basement defenders....am on Wildcard so half considering bringing in Castagne as he looks like he will be a Doherty type player hoovering up points this Season....is he an OOP at moment?...…..know he has gone up .1.....just wondering do people think Justin will hold onto his place longterm?......he has started very well.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Perreira is 100% coming back into that team. I suspect it will be Justin that makes way. Keep an eye out on his return date

What do we think ?

1. Reece James & VVD

2. Lamptey & Robbo

3. Lamptey & VVD - (Use the O.5 elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

What do we think ?

1. Reece James & VVD

2. Lamptey & Robbo

I'd go with 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What do we think ?

1. Reece James & VVD

2. Lamptey & Robbo

2 for me too. Robertson has looked more dangerous than TAA IMO.

Would dbl check Lamptey is available this weekend in Potter's presser (tomorrow?), he's been training after the injury but better to be safe than sorry.

Would dbl check Lamptey is available this weekend in Potter's presser (tomorrow?), he's been training after the injury but better to be safe than sorry.

Yeah I know Lamptey is yellow but pretty sure he is OK. It's more of a long term plan to have Lamptey though. If he misses the weekend I will have Mitchell coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yup also 2. Want Lamptey in my team at some point for sure. Robbo has looked terrific and is likely a season keeper for me, more likely to ditch TAA than him I think. I do think it would be very risky to go without at least one of the Liverpool wing backs

Bringing Lamptey in seems safe enough now if you have MItchell off the bench

Advertisement