Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

He’s fecking benched!!! :mad:

Fecking Moyser. Is he an attacking defender? Only just signed him recently.

Not sure if theirs more chance of him coming on if they are defending a lead or looking for a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fecking Moyser. Is he an attacking defender? Only just signed him recently.

Not sure if theirs more chance of him coming on if they are defending a lead or looking for a goal.

Been a while since Fredericks played 90 minutes, hopefully Coufal will get a run out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just on this - it's not fair on teams who have no cases or being extra careful - i read that the Wolves players were banned from going to the supermarket for instance.

Only read on another thread that a group of the Brazillan players got together over xmas - like how any club can sign off on that is beyond any sort of understanding.

If true, and it was outside of guidelines, those players should get lengthy bans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭munster87

depending on who is out - the likes of Zaha could be a great punt for their next game.

Or it will be postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

As a thought - given the current Covid situation in the UK and it deteriorating at an alarming rate, if the PL didn't make a decision before the United game on Friday, it could be taken out of their hands by the government at any stage - in which case any of the later games could be in jeopardy in particular the Monday evening game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As a thought - given the current Covid situation in the UK and it deteriorating at an alarming rate, if the PL didn't make a decision before the United game on Friday, it could be taken out of their hands by the government at any stage - in which case any of the later games could be in jeopardy in particular the Monday evening game.

A case for captaining Bruno on Friday over Salah on Monday perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    But...but....Villa are really good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FHFC wrote: »

Vice captain Bruno instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

siblers wrote: »
    Vice captain Bruno instead?

Seems the way to go, make sure your vc is in the early game, although it would have made no odds this week.

Anyone reckon that the PL teams could all pull out of the FA Cup or that it could be scrapped due to the build up of games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Anyone reckon that the PL teams could all pull out of the FA Cup or that it could be scrapped due to the build up of games?

More likely that the PL clubs will pay for the lower league clubs to have all their players and staff tested for Co-Vid in advance of them playing each other.

More likely that the PL clubs will pay for the lower league clubs to have all their players and staff tested for Co-Vid in advance of them playing each other.

But i meant more if they all pulled out that free's up weekends for PL games, especially ones that need to be re-scheduled.

City currently have 2 games to make up and are in 4 competitions - and depending on draws you would expect them to reach Semi-Finals of the FA cup - the more games hit by covid the less time to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I think the days of having 3 players from 1 team and numbered for now, too much of a risk if the match is called off .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the days of having 3 players from 1 team and numbered for now, too much of a risk if the match is called off .

Yeah, it’s a risk alright. On the flip side where the fixtures are exceptionally strong (they’d nearly have to be to justify a treble up) would we be losing out on more points by not having good players with good fixtures than we would from any postponement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I think it’s more about concentrating on a full squad of playing players instead of premium players and bench fodder, if a game is pulled, the premium players could be removed and you are left to rely on bench fodder to get points, which can only happen if they are playing regularly.

There are loads of template teams who have Kane/son, KDB, salah etc and many more increasingly adding Bruno.

As we have seen this gameweek, taking man city/Everton/spurs out has caused a lot of players to panic, because they do not have deep enough squads and are left with 7/8 playing players.

I think it’s more about concentrating on a full squad of playing players instead of premium players and bench fodder, if a game is pulled, the premium players could be removed and you are left to rely on bench fodder to get points, which can only happen if they are playing regularly.

There are loads of template teams who have Kane/son, KDB, salah etc and many more increasingly adding Bruno.

As we have seen this gameweek, taking man city/Everton/spurs out has caused a lot of players to panic, because they do not have deep enough squads and are left with 7/8 playing players.

It's still huge amount of luck, of the 15 player i own, 14 are from different clubs. Only team i have two player from is city.

lost KdB and Stones in the city game been pulled
    lost Son from the Spurs game
    Welbeck and Balbuena inexplicably both didn't play
    Lascelles is back in training following testing postive for covid - but unlikely to feature tonight.
    Having a sub keeper makes no difference as Mendy played.

So all in all i have 8 players max, assuming Salah plays and Lascelles doesn't.

My bench was Brewster (2) and Holding (9), who would have subbed in for the likes of Welbeck and Balbuena.

So a playing bench doesn't solve issues when players get rested/dropped with no explanation provided or games get pulled last minute.

In hindsight, perhaps a budget of 115m and 18 players would have been a good contingent at start of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If I have 2 transfers going into a FH will I lose a transfer?

This week I have 2 free and plan to FH in GW 18. Do I have to use both transfers now so I don't lose one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This week I have 2 free and plan to FH in GW 18. Do I have to use both transfers now so I don't lose one?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

F1ngers wrote: »

It's all well and good reading the rules but sometimes it's nice to get clarification on some of them. Like it says:

"Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek."

I'm in a similar position myself and not entirely sure how 2FTs are handled. If I have 2FTs in GW18, but play my FH, do I then still have my 2FTs in GW19? Would be nice to know if anyone else knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    It's all well and good reading the rules but sometimes it's nice to get clarification on some of them. Like it says:

"Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek."

I'm in a similar position myself and not entirely sure how 2FTs are handled. If I have 2FTs in GW18, but play my FH, do I then still have my 2FTs in GW19? Would be nice to know if anyone else knows for sure.

You will lose your second FT if you Free Hit. It won't carry over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any games in doubt this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up against a team ranked 7.2 million in the Cup.

They wildcarded a few gameweeks ago from a terrible team to a semi-decent team with some dangerous players.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

What is people's plans now for gameweek 18?

With these covid outbreaks there's a possibility of losing more games from that gameweek. Is the free hit the only option now?

I'm thinking I'd rather use my transfers between now and then to try accumulate points instead of finding that my transfers were wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What is people's plans now for gameweek 18?

With these covid outbreaks there's a possibility of losing more games from that gameweek. Is the free hit the only option now?

I'm thinking I'd rather use my transfers between now and then to try accumulate points instead of finding that my transfers were wasted.

Id say most people will play FH. Hard to plan for it now as talk of games being added & removed from it any any time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know this is very far into the future, but will Fabinho be re-classified as a DEF next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Fitz* wrote: »
    I know this is very far into the future, but will Fabinho be re-classified as a DEF next season?

Wishful thinking I imagine. It would be nice OOP, not that he scores or assists much but sure at least he'd be a cheap defender that plays midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’d be surprised. He will be back in midfield once VvD and Gomez are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

United now playing GW18

City and Villa now have a double in GW19

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1961289

Edit: Just saw someone else posted in other thread woops

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wishful thinking I imagine. It would be nice OOP, not that he scores or assists much but sure at least he'd be a cheap defender that plays midfield
    Benimar wrote: »
    I’d be surprised. He will be back in midfield once VvD and Gomez are back.

But I thought the reasoning behind PEA & Rashford being MIDs this season is because they played last season as wingers, so put them in line with the Salah/Mane/Sterling type.

As Fabinho is playing as DEF this year, would the same rules not apply? It would be a cheaper entry into Liverpool defence anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

But I thought the reasoning behind PEA & Rashford being MIDs this season is because they played last season as wingers, so put them in line with the Salah/Mane/Sterling type.

As Fabinho is playing as DEF this year, would the same rules not apply? It would be a cheaper entry into Liverpool defence anyways.

And of course Fernandinho was reclassified as a defender after playing last season as a CB.

Advertisement