Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    But I thought the reasoning behind PEA & Rashford being MIDs this season is because they played last season as wingers, so put them in line with the Salah/Mane/Sterling type.

As Fabinho is playing as DEF this year, would the same rules not apply? It would be a cheaper entry into Liverpool defence anyways.

If everyone at pool was fit next season, wold Fabinho even get a game in midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If everyone at pool was fit next season, wold Fabinho even get a game in midfield?

Yes of course he would are you mad!! Fab Thiago and Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Wishful thinking I imagine. It would be nice OOP, not that he scores or assists much but sure at least he'd be a cheap defender that plays midfield
    If he was reclassified he'd get massive bonus points with all his touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shanee. wrote: »
    Yes of course he would are you mad!! Fab Thiago and Hendo

Along with those 3 being very important starters, at the moment it looks like Wijnaldum will be leaving on a free transfer this summer too. He is free to talk to other club as of tomorrow. So another 'rival' for a starting spot will have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

100% he would. One of the, if not the, best holding mids in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anybody going to chance starting Mitchell this week? Motm last game and Palace fans seem to think he'll keep his place. Home to Sheffield...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Jaysus i don't know what to do now. I had set my team up for the DGW with no City players. Now, cover seems essential. Thing is i wont be able to get the likes of KDB, Sterling etc without a hit. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would like to say I am completely lost

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Anybody going to chance starting Mitchell this week? Motm last game and Palace fans seem to think he'll keep his place. Home to Sheffield...

Yup I have him and he will go straight into my first starting 11 team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think that City and villa DGW will have changed my plans from field 11 in 18 and FH in 19 for 11 DGWers to field 11 in 18 and probably play treble captain in 19 with 11 DGWers easier to come by, but extending to 15 for the bench boost would probably end up being too much of a stretch which might dilute the quality of my team overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Currently only 5 for the blank gameweek so I think I'll go ahead with my plans for FH that week. Still planning to BB the the double gameweek and should now have 14 or 15 with doubles.

My problem now is it doesn't look like I'll be able to bring KDB or Sterling in for the double. Would love if Aguero or Jesus looked like they'd be a good option by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Odds on hearing whether Chelsea/City will go ahead before the deadline tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,791 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sold Taylor for him to raise cash and starting him as I don’t fancy Alioski vs Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

All the best for 2021 folks.....let’s all pray that Covid has being and gone this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Stupid question and i fear i know the answer but just on the off chance, is there any way to cancel an active Wildcard? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Stupid question and i fear i know the answer but just on the off chance, is there any way to cancel an active Wildcard? :o

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Stupid question but....can I use my 2FT in a GW. Confirm them. Then use my Free Hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Stupid question but....can I use my 2FT in a GW. Confirm them. Then use my Free Hit?

No your team will revert. Transfers be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

sheroman01 wrote: »

No, all transfers made that GW are cancelled by the free hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

dsmythy wrote: »
    No your team will revert. Transfers be cancelled.
    thunderdog wrote: »
    No, all transfers made that GW are cancelled by the free hit.

Damn. I rarely have 2FTs, so have never been in this position. It's such a harsh rule in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will Salah drop in GW18 I wonder? You’d imagine maybe not with all the Free Hits in play.

I took him out this week while I decide whether to bring him back in 19 as a transfer or as part of a free hit, but obviously recouping one of the .1s I lost in doing so would be a nice reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I realise it’s completely template but I haven’t made a midfield transfer since GW5 now

Salah, Son, Bruno, Grealish (Soucek)

No inclination to transfer any of them either, must be the longest I’ve ever kept with a midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Burnley v Fulham called off

Shedite27 wrote: »

Sigh Lowton was a popular transfer -

This idea of getting results the morning of travelling to matches needs to change

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »

This idea of getting results the morning of travelling to matches needs to change

Yup one I brought in and delighted as it's now Coufal off the bench

Why? More important things than our FF teams. If players are positive proper health measures need to be taken.

Benimar wrote: »
    Why? More important things than our FF teams. If players are positive proper health measures need to be taken.

No, if players are waiting for test results, they should be isolating until they get results, not sitting in hotels waiting to go to matches etc which is what appears to be happening.

Do you think Fulham lads last week were all isolating up to 3 hours before the match and then going to meet up at the stadium to play the game if they were negative?

No, if players are waiting for test results, they should be isolating until they get results, not sitting in hotels waiting to go to matches etc which is what appears to be happening.

Do you think Fulham lads last week were all isolating up to 3 hours before the match and then going to meet up at the stadium to play the game if they were negative?
    If they have symptoms then yes they should be isolating. If it’s the ‘regular’ tests they all have to take then I’d imagine they aren’t isolating, nor do they have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Are son and kane now exclusive? I mean I have son, but do you need both? DCL not firing so I'll likely move back premium up front now too as I've dropped KDB for a while and ATM it's either martial, kane or vardy.

Advertisement