Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Are son and kane now exclusive? I mean I have son, but do you need both? DCL not firing so I'll likely move back premium up front now too as I've dropped KDB for a while and ATM it's either martial, kane or vardy.

I got Kane, not because I really wanted him but not owing either is a rank killer when they click. More for cover.

Personally think Kane is the better choice and consistent but obviously more expensive. Son has a higher ceiling and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Benimar wrote: »
    If they have symptoms then yes they should be isolating. If it’s the ‘regular’ tests they all have to take then I’d imagine they aren’t isolating, nor do they have to.

A club in Fulhams situation - one match postponed due to virus issues, - all player should isolated ahead of the next test, those that are negative fit to play - those who are not - isolate - simply.

Instead it would appear that they all trained as normal, tests done some positive and now to prevent others having it - game called off - If this happens every week - how are they ever going to get a game played?

Edit to add: "The League and Fulham will agree a further action plan to control the outbreak," the Premier League said. - What further action plan can the PL adopt that is not currently in place???

Earlier in the season, Moyes, Cullen and Diop got positive results 1 hour before a game, and Diop was in the starting 11 - they had to leave the stadium and isolate but the game went ahead - despite them clearly mixing with the starting 11. Would the PL and Medical personal not have insisted the game be postponed - surely that situation poses much greater medical issue???

Today Sheffield United only have 6 subs as all others our injured or have Covid. If Sheffield asked for the game to be postponed - do you think it would have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ace2007 wrote: »
    A club in Fulhams situation - one match postponed due to virus issues, - all player should isolated ahead of the next test, those that are negative fit to play - those who are not - isolate - simply.

Instead it would appear that they all trained as normal, tests done some positive and now to prevent others having it - game called off - If this happens every week - how are they ever going to get a game played?

Edit to add: "The League and Fulham will agree a further action plan to control the outbreak," the Premier League said. - What further action plan can the PL adopt that is not currently in place???

Earlier in the season, Moyes, Cullen and Diop got positive results 1 hour before a game, and Diop was in the starting 11 - they had to leave the stadium and isolate but the game went ahead - despite them clearly mixing with the starting 11. Would the PL and Medical personal not have insisted the game be postponed - surely that situation poses much greater medical issue???

Today Sheffield United only have 6 subs as all others our injured or have Covid. If Sheffield asked for the game to be postponed - do you think it would have?

Certainly seems to be a very different approach depending on the stature of the club's involved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The rule is that a club must have 14 senior players available for a game to go ahead. So Palace had Zaha with covid but enough players. Arsenal had Gabriel with Covid but enough players. The teams that have cancellations have a bigger outbreak combined with injuries and suspensions from their 25 player panel.

I suspect there’s a bit of wrangling tho of declaring someone with a niggle as “injured” to get games cancelled.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The rule is that a club must have 14 senior players available for a game to go ahead. So Palace had Zaha with covid but enough players. Arsenal had Gabriel with Covid but enough players. The teams that have cancellations have a bigger outbreak combined with injuries and suspensions from their 25 player panel.

I suspect there’s a bit of wrangling tho of declaring someone with a niggle as “injured” to get games cancelled.

Sheffield United had a 16 year old lad on the bench tonight and come on for his debut - i'm sure Fulham could find a 16 year old lads in the teams to play....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Ace2007 wrote: »

Was just about to post that saying pep roulette is made easier , one less player to consider - he will have to be dropped from the squad for today's game even if he has tested negative, for the club to at least say they do not allow their players to break the rules and expect to carry on as normal.

To be honest, if he has gotten infected it would take a few days before he returns a positive result, so if he is available/unavailable next week for the cup games, then we will know.

^^^ wouldn’t be so confident of that - there were a few players that broke rules at NYE and at least one played near 90 mins for their club yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Losing a late cleansheet must be the worst feeling in FF.

I had 60 points at 18:19. Refreshed at 18:20 and went down to 56. 5th or 6th time this season it has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

siblers wrote: »

I had 60 points at 18:19. Refreshed at 18:20 and went down to 56. 5th or 6th time this season it has happened

It’s bad but having one of your starting players get injured in the warm-up is a worse feeling I think. Had that happen twice this season and both times it happened to players I’d just transferred in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It’s bad but having one of your starting players get injured in the warm-up is a worse feeling I think. Had that happen twice this season and both times it happened to players I’d just transferred in.

Not sure about that. Like if it happened this week and you had Soucek first on the bench you'd be pretty happy. A late conceded goal is just a kick in the nuts everytime.

Don't think that ever happened to me. Had players go off early for what would have been near enough guaranteed clean sheets loads. Taylor being the most recent

There's just something about seeing points disappear which is demoralising

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Like if it happened this week and you had Soucek first on the bench you'd be pretty happy. A late conceded goal is just a kick in the nuts everytime.

Yeah there’s that. Although say you were in a close head to head against someone who had doubled up in the defence that conceded and you had just one then you’d be ok with that.

Sorry to CSF as that situation applies to him this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Captain missing a penalty is a real sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

elefant wrote: »

Yeah! Captain minus points is crazy too. Think it only ever happened me once though where he ended up on -1 and it was doubled to -2!!:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wasting your TC chip on Andy Carroll must be up there as well

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah! Captain minus points is crazy too. Think it only ever happened me once though where he ended up on -1 and it was doubled to -2!!:rolleyes::pac:

I had Son as captain last season when he got sent off. That one really hurt.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wasting your TC chip on Andy Carroll must be up there as well

TC'ed Mane last season for a DGW and he went off after 10 mins in the first game.

elefant wrote: »

Happened to me a few times. Kane, Bruno and Lukaku all missed pens when I captained them

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

siblers wrote:
    TC'ed Mane last season for a DGW and he went off after 10 mins in the first game.

Done that one too and transferred out Salah for Mane that week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

Don't think that ever happened to me. Had players go off early for what would have been near enough guaranteed clean sheets loads. Taylor being the most recent

There's just something about seeing points disappear which is demoralising
    I had Son as captain last season when he got sent off. That one really hurt.

Had all of those happen to my team plus Bellerin going off pre 60minutes with a booking to earn 0points in their 4-0 win against WBA this week. Reminders not to take the game too serious anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I had Castagne and Cancelo today, clean sheets lost in 82nd and 92nd minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I always have a look at the stupid teams of the week but I also look at the top 4 or 5 worldwide.

You’d have to feel for the guy at number one. Doubled up on Man City defenders and lost a CS post 90mins.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I always have a look at the stupid teams of the week but I also look at the top 4 or 5 worldwide.

You’d have to feel for the guy at number one. Doubled up on Man City defenders and lost a CS post 90mins.

Im still ruing my lost Dias CS.

Current overall rank is 4.1m.

Bottom of the league in the FSA Championship H2H League.

200 points behind the top 10k.

157 points behind top 100k.

117 points behind the top 500k.

93 points behind the top 1m.

Pretty much bottom of every league I’m in.

The above post was after GW 11.

This is where I’m at after GW 17 -

Current overall rank is 1.8m

Moved off the bottom of the FSA Championship H2H league and in to 15th place. Avoiding relegation looking possible now.

170 points behind top 10k.

139 points behind top 50k.

122 points behind top 100k.

71 points behind top 500k.

39 points behind top 1m.

Obviously still not competing in any leagues.

Wish I had built towards the BGW as I don’t want to BB now in the DGW. I only have 4 BGW players so will probably, reluctantly, use FH.

Let’s see what another 5-7 GW’s bring. I’m not feeling too confident as it’s been a real slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah there’s that. Although say you were in a close head to head against someone who had doubled up in the defence that conceded and you had just one then you’d be ok with that.

Sorry to CSF as that situation applies to him this time!

Haha, wasn’t pretty. But I can’t complain about my week overall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Apparently 40 positive covid tests detected among Premier League clubs in the past week. Both playing and non playing staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dsmythy wrote: »
    Apparently 40 positive covid tests detected among Premier League clubs in the past week. Both playing and non playing staff.

While some say this is good for FHers as they’d have subs on the bench, I’d think the opposite

You didn’t use one of your most valuable chips to get Joel Ward or Jeff Hendrick off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Im still ruing my lost Dias CS.

I was sickened as I had cancelo (was on for one bonus) and Dias so it was 9 points which knocked me out of the cup and gave me a small red arrow instead of a green one!

• Advertisement

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I was sickened as I had cancelo (was on for one bonus) and Dias so it was 9 points which knocked me out of the cup and gave me a small red arrow instead of a green one!

Cost me a cup place too. I didn't expect a City CS but they were so close

Advertisement