Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Is Antonio likely to start? DCL seems to be gone for the weekend leaving him just with City game? I’m thinking of starting Antonio but benching DCL. Also starting Soucek and benching Son. Any advice on these selections?

https://twitter.com/exwhuemployee/status/1360527171899559937?s=21

This guy is usually in the know and doesn’t sound too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I reckon they've put Aguero in a Gundogan costume to throw off the defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is special, poor lad somehow didn’t know transfers were a thing

[url]

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This is special, poor lad somehow didn’t know transfers were a thing

[url]

He's a troll. If you look at his team you can see the players he has are known for their mishaps and funny moments: Kepa, Luiz, Benteke, Ozil, Lingard, Joelinton, Adrian etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

He's a troll. If you look at his team you can see the players he has are known for their mishaps and funny moments: Kepa, Luiz, Benteke, Ozil, Lingard, Joelinton, Adrian etc.

Way ahead of the posse mind with Lingard though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is there such a thing as an alternative FPL where the aim is to select a team to accumulate the fewest points possible? Id say something like that could be a bit of fun, trying to pick players likely to get sent off and defenses that will concede heavily. And then Shane Long as your frontman.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know is there such a thing as an alternative FPL where the aim is to select a team to accumulate the fewest points possible? Id say something like that could be a bit of fun, trying to pick players likely to get sent off and defenses that will concede heavily. And then Shane Long as your frontman.

Shane is with Bournemouth now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Muahahaha wrote: »

Yep, version i heard of had a rule where you had to spend your whole 100m budget and if you made a transfer, couldn't leave money ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at my history, this GW is my third 100+ score this season, don't think I've had a season like that before

GW19 105
    GW24 111
    GW26 111

Let's hope the run good continues,

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Looking at my history, this GW is my third 100+ score this season, don't think I've had a season like that before

GW19 105
    GW24 111
    GW26 111

Let's hope the run good continues,

If only hits didn't count. ;)

• Advertisement

Embroiled in a heated debate here with a friend...we have a monthly prize and we both tied on points this month...

This article below seems to say the person with the least transfers will win the mini-league or monthly 'league' I would assume is the same thing

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1210781

He had way more transfers than me but he is siting on top in the app! Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Limerick research suggests skill necessary for Fantasy Football success

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40237667.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What do we think the front 6 will be for City against utd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Genuinely tempted to start Lingard and bench Bruno this week :O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Genuinely tempted to start Lingard and bench Bruno this week :O

I see utd getting nothing against city, he's my first sub.

I think 0-0 is the best utd can hope for but I fancy city to win by 2 without reply.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Embroiled in a heated debate here with a friend...we have a monthly prize and we both tied on points this month...

This article below seems to say the person with the least transfers will win the mini-league or monthly 'league' I would assume is the same thing

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1210781

He had way more transfers than me but he is siting on top in the app! Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'd be going by most goals scored, if equal then least goals conceded, if still equal then least yellow cards, then least red cards and finally least transfers made before resorting to a coin toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Anyone use the FPL Site on Google Chrome using FPL Tools? It gives your Total Points Benched for the season. Mine is 263 ..... Feckin Hell I'm the highest in any of my leagues :eek:

AIoRHqMl.jpg

This and multiple Captain Fails and hits taken is it any wonder my OR is so shlt?

Can anyone beat that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

One thought I was having this morning was, I remember around the time Villa and Fulham were having multiple games postponed, and thinking that COVID postponements were gonna be a feature of the season.

And yet here we are in March and there hasn't been another one. Still 11 gameweeks to go, I assume we probably haven't seen the last one for the season already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

CSF wrote: »
    One thought I was having this morning was, I remember around the time Villa and Fulham were having multiple games postponed, and thinking that COVID postponements were gonna be a feature of the season.

And yet here we are in March and there hasn't been another one. Still 11 gameweeks to go, I assume we probably haven't seen the last one for the season already?

I think the upcoming international windows could change that, players leaving the bubble and travelling will surely cause a few outbreaks.

I think the upcoming international windows could change that, players leaving the bubble and travelling will surely cause a few outbreaks.
    Sounds reasonable yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

What is the most notice the Premier League have to give two teams to play a rearranged fixture. Asking regarding the Villa-Everton match. I take it is too late to play it next week?

claw wrote: »
    What is the most notice the Premier League have to give two teams to play a rearranged fixture. Asking regarding the Villa-Everton match. I take it is too late to play it next week?

Well Spurs against Fulham illustrated that there are no literal minimum standards, but I think we can say with a reasonable amount of confidence by this point that Villa v Everton probably won’t be played during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This chart shows that rescheduled games have been given about 9-13 days notice, with the exception of Fulham Spurs which got just two days
    https://twitter.com/talha_nadeem_90/status/1367101766878306304

Also

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1369796232101720071

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think I read somewhere everton asked to have no midweek game before the cup match v city next weekend

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2202339/event/27

This lad is winning one of my mini-leagues and is 24k. He had an interesting team selection this week. It worked for him to be fair :)

This lad is winning one of my mini-leagues and is 24k. He had an interesting team selection this week. It worked for him to be fair :)
    You mean the lack of City basically?

CSF wrote: »
    You mean the lack of City basically?

Just thought it was a bold move. He has gone against City for the most part over the last few weeks. Only had Sterling for a while and had Mahrez for one week on a free hit alongside Sterling in gameweek 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

One of his mini leagues had a very dodgy name.

• Advertisement

One of his mini leagues had a very dodgy name.

Didn't notice that. Is there a code of conduct for what you can name a league?

Advertisement