Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

That’s what I mean by too rigid.

I think an element of randomness may be the way I’ll go.

Whoever has the highest expected goals each week.

Whoever is at home playing the lowest placed team/worst away defence each week.

But individual choice easily trumps both ultimately you'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Stick with Bruno or Kane from here on in? They will play every game when fit. Salah off the boil, KDB rotation policy.

Why would you not just choose the person you fancy most on any given week?

I actually looked at this, and if I’d captained Bruno in every week he played, I’d be about 50 points better off than I am now (which would make me about 2k ranked in the world), but I’m still not silly enough to think that this makes it premium strategy.

I reckon with the benefit of hindsight we could say that captaining the highest scoring player in a season each week would bring results in many seasons.

But I reckon if we’d done a poll before week 1 as to who the highest scoring player would be this season Bruno probably would have gotten under 30% of the vote.

De Bruyne would have won the poll IMO and I think most of us would have outperformed having him as captain each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

That’s how I operate and it has cost me big time. I’ll most likely continue to do it coz it’s all just a laugh. The rare joys of it paying off beat the frequent regrets of it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Someone on reddit built a Chrome extension that allows you to see what your team looks like in future weeks

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fpl-upcoming-fixtures/nkadfamcemopikkffdkhjbmpnhfdabgc

Cannae mind who the Chelsea fans in here are so I can’t asked them directly.

Who’s your back 3 ?

More about what have you learned about Tuchel. Does he have a favoured 3 ?

Obviously Azpilicueta is the first name in that back 3 (what a dream player he has been for Chelsea) but I don’t think he was initially. I think it took Tuchel a few weeks to see how good he is, for some reason.

It’s really hard to tell which 2 from the other 4 would be guaranteed first choice. It could be argued that Silva will be the second name in that back 3 when he’s fit and available but maybe not.

So which 2 from - Silva, Zouma, Rudiger and Christensen ?

• Advertisement

To be honest I think that’s too difficult to answer, even though Tuchel has been here long enough, but I’m hoping a Chelsea fan might have read or seen something that gives them a better clue.

Anyone else who is eyeing up the popular GW31 wildcard looking at going Cityless?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »
    Anyone else who is eyeing up the popular GW31 wildcard looking at going Cityless?

I'll keep 1, probably a defender and most likely Dias.

As long as they are in the CL, rotation will be rampant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CSF wrote: »

Keeping Dias I reckon, that'll be it for City.
    Have Gun Duggan, will be getting rid.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'll keep 1, probably a defender and most likely Dias.

As long as they are in the CL, rotation will be rampant.
    This is my thinking, and my feeling is that alot of the narrative will be 'will my player start' rather than 'if 5 or 6 other good players don't start, do I still want my player in that game'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Someone on reddit built a Chrome extension that allows you to see what your team looks like in future weeks

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fpl-upcoming-fixtures/nkadfamcemopikkffdkhjbmpnhfdabgc

Installed that but not seeing any difference on the Pick Team page, where are the fixture popping up
    To be honest I think that’s too difficult to answer, even though Tuchel has been here long enough, but I’m hoping a Chelsea fan might have read or seen something that gives them a better clue.

Looked at this last week in terms of starts, Azpil is the most nailed on followed by Rudiger. Tuchel arrived in GW20 but only a few hours before his first game which was a 0-0 v Wolves. Since he came in Rudiger has 9 out of 10 PL starts and Azpil has 10 out of 10. I've owned Rudiger for 4 GWs now and frustratingly one of them was the single GW he didn't start (a 2-0 over Everton). But in his other 3 games he has delivered 6 points every time. The return of Thiago Silva is a worry though, that said he is not as fast as he once was and he did make mistakes in his early PL games. He may not be adjusted to the speed of the PL.

Chelseas next 3 games are Brom, Palace, Brighton so Im hopeful of 2 if not 3 clean sheets there. Im also heavily favouring a switch from Martinez to Mendy this week. Chelseas fixtures from now till the end of the season are favourable enough bar games against City and Leicester and West Ham to an extent with the London derby factor. I still have Schmichael on my bench from a wildcard to bench boost a few weeks ago so could use him for those games Mendy is more likely to concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Installed that but not seeing any difference on the Pick Team page, where are the fixture popping up

If you have any other fpl extensions enabled you need to disable them. Then it will show up on the side near your teams jersey

I think it’s a fantastic tool, makes it a lot easier to see how your team is setup for the next few games in terms of bench options and captaincy

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

There are now less games scheduled for GWs 32 & 33. I suppose that means at least 1 DGW for a little later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

There are now less games scheduled for GWs 32 & 33. I suppose that means at least 1 DGW for a little later in the season.

The games postponed in GW32 will almost certainly move to that midweek so stay within the same GW.

The two games postponed in GW33 has already been played (Man City v Southampton and Fulham v Spurs).

There are only 2 outstanding games to be refined. Villa v Everton and Spurs v Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1376610439522566146?s=20

He gave me a lot of great FPL days tbf to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Seen the news and my first thoughts were of Fantasy and that magical Saturday afternoon against newcastle. I was at someone’s wedding. I can’t tell you who. But I can tell you who I had as captain of my fantasy team :D

Bye again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That City game against Newcastle probably took about 5 years off my life...I had Mahrez captained that day and Aguerooooo VC.

For some unknown reason Mahrez was benched for possibly the first time that season iirc. As the goals were flying in for Aguero I was starting to freak out about Leicester sub strategy, was frantically checking Twitter, FootMob, Reddit, the dark web etc....the relief when the third sub was made was immense and the undoubted highlight of my time playing FPL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

By far the best moment in FF was that game against Newcaslte, folk celebrating his second goal, while others going wild cause of his third a minute later, and then the 4th and 5th were within 2 mins of each other, 4 goals in 13 mins. Scenes on the thread that day. And then we were all disappointed he was subbed with 25 mins to go - what could have been ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sitting in a pub on Shop Street, did the half marathon earlier that morning

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That's my captain pick for GW38 sorted! Might even hold the TC too :)

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Seen the news and my first thoughts were of Fantasy and that magical Saturday afternoon against newcastle. I was at someone’s wedding. I can’t tell you who. But I can tell you who I had as captain of my fantasy team :D

Bye again :)

I was in Villa Park with a terrible internet connection, so while I got the LiveScore notifications of a goal, it took me forever to find out who scored.

It was worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Triple Captain Aguero last game of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Mitrovic with 5 goals in 3 games for Serbia, tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

He always scores for Serbia, wouldn't trust that much

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

patmac wrote: »
    Mitrovic with 5 goals in 3 games for Serbia, tempting.
    He always scores for Serbia, wouldn't trust that much

It's always hard to know with internationals - was his lob against Ireland World Class, or just poor goalkeeping which he won't face in the PL?

Torres for City got a hattrick for Spain before xmas, and has hardly scored for city despite playing in a team full of riches.

Some players get look like superstars when off playing for their country and then can spend the next 4/5 games on the bench or doing sweet FA for their clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Mitrovic has a serious lack of pace which is negated somewhat in international football, Giroud is a similar type but on a higher level.

That said, strikers are confidence players and it won't have done him any harm and Fulham are desperate for a goal scorer, he probably has done enough to convince Parker to give him a starting spot again but might be best to keep an eye on rather that getting in just yet, fixtures are only so so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Mitrovic has 24 in his last 24 for Serbia and 0 in his last 24 league games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Mitrovic has 24 in his last 24 for Serbia and 0 in his last 24 league games

Yes but he did 'only' start 9 of those games, he's cheap as chips and if he is back in favour at Fulham there are worse options at that price, not too many at that price have a proven Premier League scoring record.

He's not for me but I can definitely see the attraction. Fulham also have a blank in GW33.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

If you see any posts today that you've missed the deadline and Leeds have a triple then remember the date :)

Have seen a couple of "pranks" from fpl Twitter accounts already this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If you see any posts today that you've missed the deadline and Leeds have a triple then remember the date :)

Have seen a couple of "pranks" from fpl Twitter accounts already this morning

Bruno got in on the act on Twitter, saying “Q&A time” and then proceeded not to answer a single question.

Advertisement