Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options
1777879808183»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

F1ngers wrote: »

Who's volunteering to start it up?

Come on lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who's volunteering to start it up?

Come on lads....

I’d say I’ll end up doing a 10 person pay league once I actually log in to the site and overcome my post-FPL fatigue but hopefully someone does a larger one.

I don’t think I could motivate myself to play without the MLs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll do the fanteam one, decent prize pool but entry is €23.

FPL content is growing weirder and weirder. Have literally just listened to a season summary podcast that began by talking about how the biggest lesson this season was the need for flexibility and not following a rigid approach......and then proceeded to spend a lot of the rest of the pod bemoaning how they didn’t follow their usual rules and how it affected them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure what they were alluding to in terms of flexibility but the winner Michael Coone did say that that this season in particular having a strong subs bench was important compared to other seasons, mainly because of games getting called off and players getting injured more frequently due to fixture pile up.

In terms of season review I found that http://www.fplretro.com/ site excellent for showing how decisions effect your points. Scored 582 captaincy points myself out of a total potential of 986 so thats something to keep an eye on next season, its impossible to always get the captaincy pick right but there is fair room for improvement in those numbers. My worse transfer all season was Son to Mahrez in GW4 when Son was supposed to be injured and then went and playedand scored two goals. That one transfer cost me 16 points.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure what they were alluding to in terms of flexibility but the winner Michael Coone did say that that this season in particular having a strong subs bench was important compared to other seasons, mainly because of games getting called off and players getting injured more frequently due to fixture pile up.

In terms of season review I found that http://www.fplretro.com/ site excellent for showing how decisions effect your points. Scored 582 captaincy points myself out of a total potential of 986 so thats something to keep an eye on next season, its impossible to always get the captaincy pick right but there is fair room for improvement in those numbers. My worse transfer all season was Son to Mahrez in GW4 when Son was supposed to be injured and then went and playedand scored two goals. That one transfer cost me 16 points.

In terms of the flexibility that was mentioned, you kind of touched upon it. Ie. The bench thing, whereas this season with Covid postponements etc and lots of condensed fixture list, a decent bench was very helpful. Whereas if next year everyone is vaccinated, and it’s a more spread out season with less midweek cards, then that same bench could end up constituting a restriction on your budget for your first 11. The flexibility is being able to change your plans to suit the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

onrail wrote: »
    Anyone else think the overall prize is stingy?

That’s why I focus on the sky game over fpl. Would much rather 50k sterling over a vip trip.

I won the 50k after winning the sky game last season.

Fpl is much harder to win then sky.Do think prizes should be improved for fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Welcome to the Premier League, Brentford. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Welcome to the Premier League, Brentford. :)

I've heard that Ivan Toney does goals. That's my hot ITK Prodston Punt..

Plus the big lad at the back Jansson could be a Pontus Punt.... heh :)

See ye next season folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

The fml fpl chaps are podding for the Euros if you were looking to get involved:
    https://castbox.fm/episode/Ep.-297---Getting-Ready-for-Euros-12---The-Madness-Has-Begun-id3002691-id389800334?country=gb

• Advertisement

The fml fpl chaps are podding for the Euros if you were looking to get involved:
    https://castbox.fm/episode/Ep.-297---Getting-Ready-for-Euros-12---The-Madness-Has-Begun-id3002691-id389800334?country=gb

Listened this morning, finally starting looking at my team this evening after purposely avoiding it for a while after the FPL season ended.

I’m running a small money league (10 people) in another thread if you or anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

Capt Spinz 18pts upgraded to Capt Lukaku 20pts

a couple of good options to come, big getting closer to stick rather than twist.

Advertisement