Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband without TV package

• 27-07-2020 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Is the above possible? Am with virgin and they want 90 per month for internet TV etc.
    Is there a way of getting broadband and then watching rte player through a smart TV.?
    Mods please move if necessary.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is the above possible? Am with virgin and they want 90 per month for internet TV etc.
    Is there a way of getting broadband and then watching rte player through a smart TV.?
    Thanks

What does their website say?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

moved to Broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thanks

Rte player is via Samsung TVs, I believe there are work around for the other TVs (they didn't pay rte the money they wanted to allow native access on smart TV)

I'm currently with eir, €40 per month 100mb broadband .... As long as everything works it's grand, anyone that has had issues with eir will tell you their customer service is pretty much non existent, thankfully, I have been lucky enough to have everything work for the last few years.

Are you in contract with virgin ? Try calling their customer service or checking their website and seeing what's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Rte player is via Samsung TVs, I believe there are work around for the other TVs (they didn't pay rte the money they wanted to allow native access on smart TV)

I'm currently with eir, €40 per month 100mb broadband .... As long as everything works it's grand, anyone that has had issues with eir will tell you their customer service is pretty much non existent, thankfully, I have been lucky enough to have everything work for the last few years.

Are you in contract with virgin ? Try calling their customer service or checking their website and seeing what's available.

The RTE Player is available for Android TV for ages now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s also on LG WebOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Thanks
    Yes it's called Virgin Naked Broadband. All of them have deals for €20 off for 6 months but unsure if that will apply for you as an existing customer.

150Mbps - €59 a month
    250Mbps - €64 a month
    500Mbps - €69 a month

https://www.virginmedia.ie/broadband/buy-a-broadband-package/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depending on your needs, or your lines capabilities, Pure Telecom are doing a broadband deal on onebigswitch for €25 per month for 12 months.

Sky are doing deals for bb tv and phone

Virgin Media is going through an expensive phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭olliesgirl55

Sky Broadband has a decent broadband-only plan. I find it to be quite good and reasonably priced. Don't know about the RTE player as I haven't watched live TV in a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Thanks

we canceled virgin tv and kept the broadband at the end of a contract no problem,

before that; I cancel everything in my name then the wife signed up in her name and got everything again half price for six months,

personally: I have a terrestrial aerial and also use the RTE player to catch up on things,
    Amazon Prime is also pretty cheap with a good range of shows available,
    I also use an old uk sky card in a sky drx595c box to get a lot of free view channels.

Advertisement