Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My daughter (12) wants an iPad pro for drawing? Any advice on which model etc?

Options
  • 27-07-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I've never had apple products before but the iPad pro gets very good reviews especially the 12.9 inch model.
    They are however very expensive so it will have to be second hand. Even then with the apple pencil it will cost £300-£400.
    Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

You don't have to go pro for it, unless she's an incredible artist.

My kids have 32GB regular iPads with the "Crayon" and procreate & some of the stuff they create is incredible.

Think they're about €350 new. Bought the crayons new in the us & they were $45 each

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

OU812 wrote: »
    You don't have to go pro for it, unless she's an incredible artist.

My kids have 32GB regular iPads with the "Crayon" and procreate & some of the stuff they create is incredible.

Think they're about €350 new. Bought the crayons new in the us & they were $45 each

Thanks, that's good to hear.
    Do you mind if I ask what size iPad your kids have?

It's just the regular one - 9.7". Version 6. There's a newer one out now that's slightly bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

Actually if you could tell me the model/gen as well that would be great.

The one on the right

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Keep an eye on the Apple refurb store where you can pick them up a good bit cheaper.

Advertisement