Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-resident mortgages in Ireland

Options
  • 27-07-2020 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of successfully applying for one?

I don't plan on moving back to Ireland for a few years yet, but looking into buying a property in the next year or so if I can. I've contacted a few banks, and heard back from Bank of Ireland and KBC who have said that they don't currently offer mortgages to non residents with non-Euro sources of income. Bank of Ireland told me they believe that no bank in Ireland currently offers such mortgages. Anyone know if that's really the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Anyone have any experience of successfully applying for one?

I don't plan on moving back to Ireland for a few years yet, but looking into buying a property in the next year or so if I can. I've contacted a few banks, and heard back from Bank of Ireland and KBC who have said that they don't currently offer mortgages to non residents with non-Euro sources of income. Bank of Ireland told me they believe that no bank in Ireland currently offers such mortgages. Anyone know if that's really the case?

Haven mortgages look them up. Will finance property, you need 35% deposit and interest rates are decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Cheers, I'll get an email on to them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

And AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

CalisGirl wrote: »
    And AIB

AIB will be through Haven.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

Cheers, I'll get an email on to them today.

Any luck with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CalisGirl

donnaille wrote: »
    AIB will be through Haven.
    You can apply separately to AIB directly and Haven via a broker. If you're applying to AIB directly, then you're not dealing with Haven.
    Although Haven's a subsidiary of AIB it doesn't have access to AIB systems so you'd still need to provide all AIB statements which you wouldn't if applying through AIB directly. Haven and AIB also have different mortgage offers.

Advertisement