Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 Transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anyone to hazard a guess at Messi prize if he came? 12-13M?

Would he be a midfielder or forward I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Striker Rodrigo to Leeds from Valencia .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

CSF wrote: »
    I’d say they would go one higher than they’ve gone before so 13.5 is it? It would certainly make the captaincy side of the game crazy boring.

They might be tempted to set a record price but I'm not sure he would be worth even 12m. Barca built the team around him. If he goes to an English team they won't have the time or money to do that so he won't score as much. Just look at how poorly Argentina have done while he s been around. Plus if he goes to city as rumoured the Aguero, KdB and Sterling won't want to take a back seat to him so he may not even get the passes he needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

touts wrote: »
    They might be tempted to set a record price but I'm not sure he would be worth even 12m. Barca built the team around him. If he goes to an English team they won't have the time or money to do that so he won't score as much. Just look at how poorly Argentina have done while he s been around. Plus if he goes to city as rumoured the Aguero, KdB and Sterling won't want to take a back seat to him so he may not even get the passes he needs.
    He is 70 goals and 42 assists (probably more under the FPL definition of assists) in 138 games for Argentina. South American teams don’t get to play as many Maltas and Faroes and the like either.

His floor is really high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would he be a midfielder or forward I wonder?

I would assume midfielder based on the adjustments this year

• Advertisement

Spurs interested in Doherty. Probably not the thread for this but how the hell is he valued at only 12m?! KWP was bought for the same price.

Spurs interested in Doherty. Probably not the thread for this but how the hell is he valued at only 12m?! KWP was bought for the same price.

Confused the fck out of me thinking his FPL had increased to 12M for some reason then I realized :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

touts wrote: »
    Plus if he goes to city as rumoured the Aguero, KdB and Sterling won't want to take a back seat to him so he may not even get the passes he needs.

I'd say they'd very happily take a back seat tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

5 years younger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Everton said to be close to signing James Rodriguez from Real Madrid.

Not a patch on what he was 5 or 6 years ago but still a decent player is James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Everton said to be close to signing James Rodriguez from Real Madrid.

Not a patch on what he was 5 or 6 years ago but still a decent player is James.

Thanks i try

That is quite a tempting price depending how Chelsea get on.

Definitely an option for me G3+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If starting, I'd have James ahead of Chilwell. Same if not better points potential and 0.5 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I presume he'll be first choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Talk of Doherty joining Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Talk of Doherty joining Spurs

He's an Arsenal fan. I always wonder what it must be like for players in these situations that end up playing for the rival of the team they support. But I suppose it's just a job to them at the end of the day.

He's an Arsenal fan. I always wonder what it must be like for players in these situations that end up playing for the rival of the team they support. But I suppose it's just a job to them at the end of the day.
    I think when you're a lad from Swords, it probably shouldn't be as difficult as a local lad who was a season ticket holder as a child. And I think in many instances those lads would have no problems either if the money was good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think when you're a lad from Swords, it probably shouldn't be as difficult as a local lad who was a season ticket holder as a child. And I think in many instances those lads would have no problems either if the money was good enough.

Its Bohs potentially getting €1.2m that concerns me about that transfer..... :(

FHFC wrote: »
    Its Bohs potentially getting €1.2m that concerns me about that transfer..... :(
    Other than that turnaround on Sunday, I would be saying that will not be in your list of worries next season. Is it really that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Other than that turnaround on Sunday, I would be saying that will not be in your list of worries next season. Is it really that much?

10%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

If Doherty joins Spurs it might not be good for Aurier owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

gammygils wrote: »
    If Doherty joins Spurs it might not be good for Aurier owners
    Aurier's wants to leave, that's the whole reason they're signing Doherty.

Milan, Monaco and Dortmund linked with him. I suspect he'll be gone within 48 hours of Doherty signing.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If starting, I'd have James ahead of Chilwell. Same if not better points potential and 0.5 cheaper.

I wonder where Alonso will end up...perhaps back to Spain? Would love to see him stay in the PL for FPL reasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder where Alonso will end up...perhaps back to Spain? Would love to see him stay in the PL for FPL reasons!

He’ll probably be kept as he brings something totally different to Chilwell. Emerson will more than likely be the one leaving. Alonso wont see a lot of gametime FPL wise, he’ll get a game and a goal here and there

And Reece James at 5m wouldnt be a great shout, most of his starts at RB came from Azpilicueta having to cover at LB since the other options were so poor, he wont get as many starts this season, injury and form depending mind but thats how it looks from the start as a Chelsea fan

Thiago Silva has joined Chelsea. Their defensive assets deserve serious consideration now

manual_man wrote: »
    Thiago Silva has joined Chelsea. Their defensive assets deserve serious consideration now

He is very old though so will this mean they’ve to play a deeper defensive line with all those new fancy attacking players?

He is very old though so will this mean they’ve to play a deeper defensive line with all those new fancy attacking players?
    I doubt Lampard will alter the setup. 35 going on 36 isn't that old for a CB. Silva's experience and organisation should benefit them I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Doherty to Spurs confirmed.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Doherty to Spurs confirmed.
    Does he start gw1 though

Advertisement