Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20/21 Transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Alanm2020

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Think I will throw Martínez into my starting squad. He'll have to bench GW1 but could be good to have once he moves. If his price was being set after a €20m transfer to another club where he was likely to be no.1 I'd say he would be priced at 5, if not 5.5.

Interesting that Brighton are now in for him, I wonder did they let Button go expecting to bring in a new no.1 and Ryan become no.2?

Martinez been ruled out with Injury for the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Alanm2020 wrote: »
    Martinez been ruled out with Injury for the next few weeks

Really, where you seeing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Brighton interest seems strange. Ryan has been such a safe pair of hands for them. It could be a case of agent hijinks putting rumours out to try and get a higher sale price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Really, where you seeing that?

Can't see it anywhere. Maybe he mistook it for the Leno injury that happened during post lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Martinez having a medical with Villa now. Not Brighton

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1304782760905670658?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You'd have to wonder if that means Arsenal will go out and try to pick up a keeper from somewhere - another injury to Leno and they be in a bad way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder if that means Arsenal will go out and try to pick up a keeper from somewhere - another injury to Leno and they be in a bad way
    Linked with the Brentford keeper who had the howler in the playoff final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Linked to Raya from Brentford

Ivanovic to West Brom has been completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ivanovic to West Brom has been completed.

Wtf. Never even knew that was on the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Martinez to Villa confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Brewster to Sheffield United for 25m rumour is picking up pace.

I need this a lot. Took him at 4.5 mill to wait and hope. Will allow me go cheapie midfielder instead and divert funds elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Martinez to Villa confirmed

Finally, I took a bit of a risk including him in my squad from the start but he could be a good 4.5 keeper. Villas first game isn't until Monday so he will get a few days training with them and hopefully straight in the starting 11.

Really hoping the Brewster move happens too, I have Davis on my bench atm but don't expect him to see much game time, Brewster would give me another selection option.

Brewster would be brought in by everyone. Might be the highest owned player in the game if we get a regular starting forward at 4.5 who can actually score

I had him in my GW1 team in the hope. If I get to either downgrade Mitro to another 4.5 or a midfielder to a 4.5 to spread value where I want it in my team, that will be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

titan18 wrote: »
    Brewster would be brought in by everyone. Might be the highest owned player in the game if we get a regular starting forward at 4.5 who can actually score

If he's half as good as everyone is saying - why would Liverpool sell him - his contract runs for another 3 years - surely make more sense to loan him out and if he has a stormer his value rockets.

Sheffield United have a lot of forwards and although many may not score - he's not just going to walk into the team either, so would be wary on getting him in right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    I need this a lot. Took him at 4.5 mill to wait and hope. Will allow me go cheapie midfielder instead and divert funds elsewhere.

Yeah Greenwood at 4.5 last year made the game so much easier. I think they left the 4.5 striker slot a bit under populated this year, we usually get 8-10 in that, a few of which would get gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If this comes off, I'm officially changing my team name to 'Brewsters Millions' .

If he's half as good as everyone is saying - why would Liverpool sell him - his contract runs for another 3 years - surely make more sense to loan him out and if he has a stormer his value rockets.

Sheffield United have a lot of forwards and although many may not score - he's not just going to walk into the team either, so would be wary on getting him in right away.

I'd imagine they'd be a buy back clause. I'd assume too if SHU are buying Brewster for 25m or so, he'll be the starter. Likely him and McBurnie up top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any thoughts on Robbo/Son to Keane/Bruno?

Or perhaps Rashford and save some money?

Gus Ivey wrote: »

What has turned you off Robbo so early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Gus Ivey wrote: »

Thinks you should have posted here :-)
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058112622/20/#post114628460

Thiago to Liverpool confirmed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rumours of Jota to Liverpool on Twitter.

It also seems Liverpool are selling Wolves one of the young centre backs for £10m....amazingly he's Dutch and not Portuguese

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Rumours of Jota to Liverpool on Twitter.

It also seems Liverpool are selling Wolves one of the young centre backs for £10m....amazingly he's Dutch and not Portuguese

Ki-Jana Hoever ... he's highly rated so I'm surprised they're letting him go.

Although it might be that the player wants to leave as he doesn't see a way of breaking into the side in the short term.

Ki-Jana Hoever ... he's highly rated so I'm surprised they're letting him go.

Although it might be that the player wants to leave as he doesn't see a way of breaking into the side in the short term.

Can confirm like Fabio Silva, he also gets good in Football Manager. All they need now is Pietro Pellegri and they’re gonna be FPL gold in a matter of seasons.

Man United one of the frontrunners for Alex Telles' signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jota to Liverpool nearly done.

Podence punt looking sweeter all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

FHFC wrote: »
    Jota to Liverpool nearly done.

Podence punt looking sweeter all the time.

Where willl jota fit for pool. Off the bench for Mane/Salah?

Advertisement