Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Security Staff : Lazy & Unhelpful

• 27-07-2020 8:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭

SECURITY STAFF: Lazy & Unhelpful:

My car battery was flat on UL campus today when UL was closed and no one else around. I had jump leads already so asked 2 Security staff sitting in 2 171 base spec Qashqais if they could help.

The old guy immediately said no as these are new jeeps. (3 year old jeeps?) While the younger guy eventually said they have a Jump pack in office and he'll get it. This was brilliant, except he returned saying he asked his manager and he said he can't use it?? So he drove off again leaving me stranded in the rain waiting 1 hour until I asked the next member of public who saved me.

As someone who spent years on UL campus, these security do nothing only drive around campus seeing nothing or sitting in their hut drinking coffee not helping anyone. I never once saw them actually walk on foot on campus and if your bicycle gets stolen, they saw nothing and not interested. I'll definitely be taking this further and complain about this lazy good for nothing lay abouts!

Anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would imagine they don’t want the liability of potentially breaking your car or their jeep, or injuring themselves or you.

These guys work to risk assessments and operating procedures, and are contractors on the UL site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would imagine they don’t want the liability of potentially breaking your car or their jeep, or injuring themselves or you.

These guys work to risk assessments and operating procedures, and are contractors on the UL site.

They had a jump pack in their office, they could have given me and I'd do it myself. I'd have given them money for the use of it too.

Plus, the same security company patrols a shopping centre car park and I've seen same company different employees jump starting a car with their jeep.

They are noted for their laziness and unhelpfulness among the campus community. 3 burglaries occurred last year, and they saw nothing ! They're a joke!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've come across the jump lead stuff before. It's probably as mentioned above not allowed to offer that service. They cross the wires and blow something, who fits the bill? They give it to you to do, and you blow your battery?

Over cautious I know.

(I've had to jump start several colleagues cars - after they asked security for help)

Advertisement