Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis Legalisation Ireland

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Many years ago at a party I had a brownie.
    It was strong.
    I was convinced I was tripping - distorted visuals and all. I've never experienced anything like it before or since but I was reliably informed that there was nothing but weed in the brownies.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Does anybody have even a notion of why cannabis is legislated against in regard to possession ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dionysius2 wrote: »
    Does anybody have even a notion of why cannabis is legislated against in regard to possession ?

Reefer madness is still believed by Politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Many years ago at a party I had a brownie.
    It was strong.
    I was convinced I was tripping - distorted visuals and all. I've never experienced anything like it before or since but I was reliably informed that there was nothing but weed in the brownies.

Eating is 5-6 times stronger when digested compared to smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The laws were made decades ago, before we had research that adults can use cannabis while living a normal life and they won, t turn into a drug addict No more than someone who drinks whisky
    will turn into a drunken maniac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Eating is 5-6 times stronger when digested compared to smoking.

It lasts much longer and takes a hour or two to kick in. So very easy to overdo things especially if you are impatient.

Not sure it is 5 to 6 times stronger but it gets processed by your liver and the effect is different and can be more intense.

Also, weirdly, apparently some people feel nothing the first couple of times with edibles and then, on the 3rd or 4th go, it hits them hard.

With smoking its diffficult to overdo it and if you do it wears off quickly. Imagine being paranoid as anything and it lasting for 6 hours? Not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It lasts much longer and takes a hour or two to kick in. So very easy to overdo things especially if you are impatient.

Not sure it is 5 to 6 times stronger but it gets processed by your liver and the effect is different and can be more intense.

Also, weirdly, apparently some people feel nothing the first couple of times with edibles and then, on the 3rd or 4th go, it hits them hard.

With smoking its diffficult to overdo it and if you do it wears off quickly. Imagine being paranoid as anything and it lasting for 6 hours? Not pleasant.

That party was like a zombie apocalypse!
    There were 2 plates of brownies; strong and less strong with a note suggesting people start with one less strong and see how they get on.
    Thinking myself well able, I ate one strong one.
    Many people had 2 or 3 strong ones!
    After a couple of hours (perhaps) of terror, I had a great night but there were some casualties stumbling around the place that night!
    Very wary of edibles ever since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You forgot to mention the best bits - a good night’s sleep and no hangover. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

"Mind-altering"...?

It is unquestionably mind altering, as is alcohol, caffeine and tobacco/nicotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

That party was like a zombie apocalypse!
    There were 2 plates of brownies; strong and less strong with a note suggesting people start with one less strong and see how they get on.
    Thinking myself well able, I ate one strong one.
    Many people had 2 or 3 strong ones!
    After a couple of hours (perhaps) of terror, I had a great night but there were some casualties stumbling around the place that night!
    Very wary of edibles ever since then!
    A reasonable comparison might be someone who doesn't drink alcohol downing a pint of straight whiskey (so long as the whiskey took an hour or two to kick in and was easy to drink, making that pint very easy to consume even if by accident).

It's a bit like a story a friend of mine has of she he was 19 or 20, someone gave him a bag of coke at a house party which he had never tried before but was curious about being in that experimental stage, and told him to take some in the bathroom. Fast forward a few minutes and out he comes from the jax, having out the entire bag out in one huge line and snorted the whole thing down. It may have been a blessing in disguise though, since he never took cocaine again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I don't think I've ever heard of a cannabis "overdose".

And for your information when all drugs, soft and hard, were decriminalised in Portugal the instances of overdoses plummeted.

Can you read the post I was responding to before responding to me. Same goes for about five other people who assumed I was suggesting people can overdose on cannabis.

Don't care about Portugal. It's irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

What the wha...?! So you've never been to street festivals, concerts, or been part of a drunken happy group with your pals leaving the pub having a sing song in the back of the taxi on the way home?
    I have a picture of a very joyless and colourless life you depict because of the few in comparison who find themselves abusing hospital staff on a regular basis.
    This thread is about Cannabis Legalisation, and it's very nearly impossible to overdose on marijuana.
    3 doctors to confer on treatment? :pac: What do you want, a supreme court style hearing and 3 separate fees just to decide on one course of treatment for one person? Struggling to find any logic here.

I don't need to be intoxicated to have fun. I would have a very different viewpoint and find it a bit sad if going out on Friday nights getting plastered is your idea of a joyful and colourful life.

No, just letters from three different doctors. If the chronic pain is that bad, I don't think they would mind the extra bit of effort if it brings them relief. I don't think it would be one course, but that person would be able to get the treatment for a long period of time, depending on the normal time span of the illness, and in a lot of these cases it would likely be a permanent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,292 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kowloonkev wrote: »
    I don't need to be intoxicated to have fun. I would have a very different viewpoint and find it a bit sad if going out on Friday nights getting plastered is your idea of a joyful and colourful life.

No, just letters from three different doctors. If the chronic pain is that bad, I don't think they would mind the extra bit of effort if it brings them relief. I don't think it would be one course, but that person would be able to get the treatment for a long period of time, depending on the normal time span of the illness, and in a lot of these cases it would likely be a permanent thing.

What about staying in, minding their own business, consuming within tolerance and not requiring permission to control their own minds?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Rolling up an evil reefer as I type this post. Peace and love, maaaan...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,292 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Rolling up an evil reefer as I type this post. Peace and love, maaaan...

You should change your avatar to rasta colours!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

On This week in tech podcast,
    its discussed uk scientific study found that drinking is worse and more dangerous for the average person over 21 than using marijuana .
    when millions of young people smoke hash it should be obvious its safe and does not lead to negative side effects in health or behavior .

https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech

License legal dispensarys as in the usa,
    you need id to show you are over 21 ,government collects say 20 per cent tax on all drugs sold in the dispensarys .
    Also it allows ordinary people to have a choice go to a legal shop
    or give money to a criminal gang to get a harmless drug.
    Also allow hash to be prescribed by a doctor to people for medical ailments .

Advertisement